Any thoughts on Clay Smith?

Started by dubizzy, January 09, 2012, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubizzy

Just curious on everyones thoughts on him? dt relevant? will he get games? etc etc..

nichsa673

I reckon he will play, because he plays exactly like Callan Ward, and there is some spots available in the Bulldogs team.

Raiden

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 09, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
I reckon he will play, because he plays exactly like Callan Ward, and there is some spots available in the Bulldogs team.

I agree with what Nichsa673 said he will get games thru the year, & more then likely move into Callan's spot, i red this about him - Draftee Clay Smith was the early standout of the kids with his elite running and competitive nature, he has seamlessly fit into the group as far as his physicality was concerned.

The F.A.R.K.

While these early signs are good there are a ton of rookies getting pumped up by pre season reports atm so it will be interesting to see how these guys live up to the pressure put on them in the NAB

Matt_352

I like him a lot, is currently on my shortlist

Colliwobblers

not on my radar at all but only due to other "sure thing" rooks.

Draftee watch
The Dogs drafted a bit of everything in November with an inside midfielder (Clay Smith), a key back (Michael Talia), a versatile Easton Wood-type (Daniel Pearce) and a mature-aged goal-kicker from the VFL (Tory Dickson). All arrived ready to step into training and were being eased into the full program, and Smith was the early standout with his elite running capacity and tenacious attitude, and had seamlessly fit into the group as far as his physicality was concerned.

There is a lot out there on this guy so your not crazy to pick him up, but as stated above and i think the same about tory dickson, when and where are they going to fit into that lineup and will it involve the dreaded vest repeatedly?

hardnut

I expect Wallis to cement Wards spot, Smith will get run at times no doubt but expect plenty of vest time IMO. On a side note I think Wallis at his price is half worth considering!

elephants

Not for me with much safer rooks around who have been promised games.