Who is your stay away form player?

Started by nichsa673, January 09, 2012, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

You don't even have to mention Jason Blake he is that crap

essendon33

SydneyRox

Quote from: Cruiseon on January 15, 2012, 11:22:15 PM

I advise people get their Freo statements vaguely correct around Valk.

LOL..... ummmm Fyfe always has a middy of light beer when he goes to the pub

SydneyRox

And my stay away player would be - Didak and/or Ballantyne

valkorum

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 17, 2012, 08:48:50 PM

That's where I am going wrong - I drink full strength

SydneyRox

Quote from: valkorum on January 17, 2012, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 17, 2012, 08:48:50 PM

That's where I am going wrong - I drink full strength

If you have been a Fremantle supporter from the start I am surprised you dont drink more!! :)

Grazz

I'll second that, Valk knows more about Freo than Freo know about themselves.

Wolf67

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 15, 2012, 12:26:20 AM
Quote from: charliesheen on January 14, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 14, 2012, 11:37:25 PM
Heppell will tear it up this year has bulked up and still has two players more likely to be tagged than he is, not to mention he is listed as a defender. Not a mid so anything above 90 on last years defenders outputs makes him a good pick and he will walk that in.

As for my will not go there players ..... Any north Melbourne rook or second year player, after last year and the infuriating stupid way the coach who I do respect used his rooks I want nothing to do with any of them in dt terms.
dangerous game :D  Pederson didn't play many games because he was working 2 jobs and didn't have enough sleep.
Cam Richo is one of those that did well in vfl but didnt translate well to AFL.  Not sure he is really a defender tbh.
Atley had poor preseason stats to start with, but people still picked him for some reason due to draft hype :P

+1 for knowing what your talking about , it felt like there were more than that, maybe tarrant and another but yeah, I got burnt and I should have known more like I do this season but I'm still going to cringe when I see those blue and white stripes :)
Pederson was very good once he starting getting regular games.  Several scores over 100 and an average up near 100, he was a very good pick up for $109k.  He will take one of the biggest price rises into 2012, so i will leave him alone this year.

I agree about Richo and Tarrant.  Both weren't able to play much and when they did they were often the sub, but Atley was Ok for an 18yo when you compare him to the likes of Bewick and Irons.

Bastinac was very good as an 18yo first year player in 2009, so i wouldn't rule out north rookies alltogether. 

Will Sierakowski and Sam Gibson are two players aged 21 and 25 who could be good rookies at bargain basement prices.  Hopefully they will get more games than Richo, but lets see how they go in the NAB Cup and make a decision after that.

Colliwobblers

I like Gibson, and i seem to remember being frustrated waiting for pedersen to get his 3rd game, never said he wasn't good, quite the opposite, he should have been playing that 3rd game !!!!!

Then there was harper and richardson......

Sabretooth Tigers

:o
Quote from: nichsa673 on January 09, 2012, 01:02:57 PM
Who is the player(s) that you think you should stay away from this season. Leave a reason why.

My main stay away is in most teams and no one but no one is gonna agree with me. Scotland is a very good player but does turn 32 in July and at $572,900 is bad value in my books. With the likes of Robinson, perhaps Curnow and others coming up, see him playing less of a part in 2012. Nab Cup may be a pointer in this case. To do a complete turn around Beau Waters was one of my first lock ins, this guy is capable of anything, just have to monitor his fitness during NAB. Cheers.

Wolf67

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 19, 2012, 05:04:08 AM
I like Gibson, and i seem to remember being frustrated waiting for pedersen to get his 3rd game, never said he wasn't good, quite the opposite, he should have been playing that 3rd game !!!!!

Then there was harper and richardson......
Yeah good point Colliwobblers.  I was in the same boat.  It was very frustrating waiting for pederson to get a game. after scoring 114Sc points in R1 and then getting dropped for Goldstein and Petrie to return.  I think it took until about R7 for him to get a regular game, and it frustrated a lot of us supercoaches.  He is a KPP, not a ruckman so i'm not sure why they didn't play him.

Totally agree with you on Richo.  Him and issac Smith dominated for North Ballarat in 2010.  Richo was built up to be the next big thing, but his disposal let him down.  He racked up big numbers in the VFL even last year, but just couldn't get a game, and when he did, he didn't perform or didn't get enough game time.  Harper showed some good signs, but along with Atley probably not a massive SC scorer, which wasn't surprising being 18yo's.

I've always had reservations about 18yo players, a couple of exceptions last year were libba and heppell, and some others, but I tend to like the mature aged recruits, so I'll keep an eye on Gibson along with a lot of other mature age players, but I may stay away from the 18yo's unless they are outstanding.   

AndrewY

Laugh and point now.
I am staying away from Goddard.
It seems every team has him and Diledio.
A nil all draw every week scoring wise.
If my nerve holds Suckling instead for me.

nichsa673

Goddard started terrible (by his standards) last year, but still finished as the top defender. A must have IMO.

jimmytigs

Quote from: valkorum on January 15, 2012, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: jimmytigs on January 12, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
chappys been magnificent but hes on the other side of the mountain now,goodes is a 170 or 50 guy,he can really be frustrating,pav is always out of team at end of season & okeefe scores lower more than higher,i just think with fyfe beams martin & zaharakis these guys are irrevelent now & the old days of walking on eggshells with them rejoicing in there great scoring weeks then lamenting in the frustration of their failures is a thing of the past

You might want to check facts before spurting your mouth.

2001 - 2007 Missed 1 game and that was round 14 in 2001
2008 - Missed rounds 17, 21, 22
2009 - Missed rounds 14, 15, 16
2010 - Missed round 21 (when we sent WAFL team to Tas v Hawks and got pumped)
2011 - Missed round 16

In a 11 year career he has missed 9 games (8 through injury) and his career SC average is 105 (since 2005).  His 2011 average was (suprise suprise) 105.  [sarcasm]But he misses the end of every year [/sarcasm]

well i been playing sc dt since 08,first year him & okeefe pulling out cost me granny,the other evidence youve provided does little to make me take anything back,btw he was most definately out for the last round last season if not the last 2 or more so i suggest u also check your facts

Ziplock

he copped an injury though, and was bubble wrapped since freo didn't really have a finals shot.