Who is your stay away form player?

Started by nichsa673, January 09, 2012, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty_222

chappy, cyril, nroo and jroo are just couple im stayin away from

Purple 77

Dyson Heppell, beware of the second year slump that seems to affect 90% of second year players

Such exceptions are j selwood, fyfe, martin, maybe trengove a little

AndrewY

I am cautious on both Deledio and Goddard this year. No good reason just need to see them produce in pre season games. Might be on my own looking at draft teams so far.

nichsa673

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 14, 2012, 08:21:42 PM
Dyson Heppell, beware of the second year slump that seems to affect 90% of second year players

Such exceptions are j selwood, fyfe, martin, maybe trengove a little

Don't know about that. I think we have seen examples of players being able to rise above that, and have massive outputs. Fyfe, Martin, Rockliff, Redden are a few that come to mind

charliesheen

Can't see Heppel going backwards.  Reckon he should be able to average about 90, whether that is enough to justify the pick I don't know.

Colliwobblers

Heppell will tear it up this year has bulked up and still has two players more likely to be tagged than he is, not to mention he is listed as a defender. Not a mid so anything above 90 on last years defenders outputs makes him a good pick and he will walk that in.

As for my will not go there players ..... Any north Melbourne rook or second year player, after last year and the infuriating stupid way the coach who I do respect used his rooks I want nothing to do with any of them in dt terms.

charliesheen

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 14, 2012, 11:37:25 PM
Heppell will tear it up this year has bulked up and still has two players more likely to be tagged than he is, not to mention he is listed as a defender. Not a mid so anything above 90 on last years defenders outputs makes him a good pick and he will walk that in.

As for my will not go there players ..... Any north Melbourne rook or second year player, after last year and the infuriating stupid way the coach who I do respect used his rooks I want nothing to do with any of them in dt terms.

dangerous game :D  Pederson didn't play many games because he was working 2 jobs and didn't have enough sleep.

Cam Richo is one of those that did well in vfl but didnt translate well to AFL.  Not sure he is really a defender tbh.

Atley had poor preseason stats to start with, but people still picked him for some reason due to draft hype :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: charliesheen on January 14, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 14, 2012, 11:37:25 PM

dangerous game :D  Pederson didn't play many games because he was working 2 jobs and didn't have enough sleep.
Cam Richo is one of those that did well in vfl but didnt translate well to AFL.  Not sure he is really a defender tbh.
Atley had poor preseason stats to start with, but people still picked him for some reason due to draft hype :P

+1 for knowing what your talking about , it felt like there were more than that, maybe tarrant and another but yeah, I got burnt and I should have known more like I do this season but I'm still going to cringe when I see those blue and white stripes :)

Hawka

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on January 15, 2012, 12:21:50 AM
FYFE!

Yeah, that one too.

Don't be so sure on heppel, he has a lot of expectations on him and it may get to him for a year. It happened to Daniel Rich, Rhys Palmer, Dan Hanenbery, it may very well happen to him, just MO

AndrewY

Hodge, N.Roo, and anyone from Melbourne this year.

valkorum

Quote from: jimmytigs on January 12, 2012, 11:12:38 AM
chappys been magnificent but hes on the other side of the mountain now,goodes is a 170 or 50 guy,he can really be frustrating,pav is always out of team at end of season & okeefe scores lower more than higher,i just think with fyfe beams martin & zaharakis these guys are irrevelent now & the old days of walking on eggshells with them rejoicing in there great scoring weeks then lamenting in the frustration of their failures is a thing of the past

You might want to check facts before spurting your mouth.

2001 - 2007 Missed 1 game and that was round 14 in 2001
2008 - Missed rounds 17, 21, 22
2009 - Missed rounds 14, 15, 16
2010 - Missed round 21 (when we sent WAFL team to Tas v Hawks and got pumped)
2011 - Missed round 16

In a 11 year career he has missed 9 games (8 through injury) and his career SC average is 105 (since 2005).  His 2011 average was (suprise suprise) 105.  [sarcasm]But he misses the end of every year [/sarcasm]

Cruiseon

I advise people get their Freo statements vaguely correct around Valk.

FisherSaints

Higgins, Patton (for now), Jason Blake, etc