Who is your stay away form player?

Started by nichsa673, January 09, 2012, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Who is the player(s) that you think you should stay away from this season. Leave a reason why.

Ringo

Really do not have to give reasons for staying away from Didak and Higgins do I as enough has been said in threads about these 2.

Didak do not think he will get back to his previous form and with Bucks talking up Fasolo am even more doubtful.
Higgins very inconsistent and injury prone of late.

dmac07

Agree with Didak and Higgins, theres a bunch of midprices this year.

Didak, Higgins, Grimes, Drummond, Waters, Winderlich, J. Brown, Porplyzia, Lake.

Didak, Higgins, Brown and Porplyzia are all no goes for me. Even though I am seeing them in a lot of teams.

nichsa673

Why is Brown a stay away from player. This will sound stupid but he didn't get injured last year, he has no history of injurues. He just got smashe in the face twice.

Ringo

Agree Nichsa Brown is not a stay away from player. If anything his forced time away from the game as a result of Facial Injuries has aided his Osteo Puberits recovery from 2010.  This has been his only real injury and being a Lions supporter he is literaaly jumping out of his skin waiting for this year.  He has completed his first full pre season for 10 years so leave him out at your own risk.
Between the 2007 and 2010 season he only missed 1 game.

Torress

Quote from: dmac07 on January 09, 2012, 01:16:44 PM
Agree with Didak and Higgins, theres a bunch of midprices this year.

Didak, Higgins, Grimes, Drummond, Waters, Winderlich, J. Brown, Porplyzia, Lake.

Didak, Higgins, Brown and Porplyzia are all no goes for me. Even though I am seeing them in a lot of teams.

feeling you with all of those mentioned, but i can't see myself without brown at this stage. if he is as fit as we are hearing, he's probably the most intimidating player in AFL. and a fit brown running up the ground for easy points as well as the contested stuff he can pull off in the F50 - but can he play enough games. if he plays enough games he'll probably end up being the no.2 forward behind buddy overall. unless we hear negatives before the season starts i think he could be a must have for the price given.

and grimes won't ever get a sniff of any kind EVER again. his back and hammys are way too much of a worry, but he is a very good player.

jimmytigs

agree with many others mentioned,but 2012 will see me avoiding all rucks over 500k,all 1st round draft picks with possible acception of a dpp who knocks em dead in pre season(perhaps tomlinson),and c/f dpp,s like chappy,goodes,okeefe & particularly pavlich,these guys have there moments but are mostly disappointing,with beams martin fyfe & zaharakis available to fill these roles those old farts are getting the lemon & sars from my teams this season

in short-pavlich

dmac07

Maybe im being a bit harsh on brown, my opinion lions will be bottom 4 again doesnt help. I'm already going to have Franklin and Cloke in my said though so a third key forward is not for me.

The no 2 scoring forward is a big call though, ahead of franklin, cloke, fyfe, goodes, pav, martin, beams, and others.

Cruiseon

Proces of elimination instructions.

1) Look at Drummond's amazing SC average over many years
2) Get tempted that this year he will be ok, will play more than 11 games and will be a unique pick.
3) Wack yourself over the head with an empty beer bottle muttering 'don't be an idiot, what were you thinking'.
4) If any doubt persists repeat step 3.

Can also be applied to the Porps, Alwyn Davey, Cale Hooker and Nick Suban.

jballstars

Missy Higgins, Brennan (although hes cooling my never again list at GCS) Josh Fraser (for obvious reasons) Drummond (Cruiseon put it perfectly)

Kuruki

ubeaut

Quote from: jimmytigs on January 09, 2012, 02:28:46 PM
agree with many others mentioned,but 2012 will see me avoiding all rucks over 500k,all 1st round draft picks with possible acception of a dpp who knocks em dead in pre season(perhaps tomlinson),and c/f dpp,s like chappy,goodes,okeefe & particularly pavlich,these guys have there moments but are mostly disappointing,with beams martin fyfe & zaharakis available to fill these roles those old farts are getting the lemon & sars from my teams this season

in short-pavlich
Come on. Pav O'Keefe Chappy and Goodes have been around the top Forwards for years. They are mostly good and sometimes dissapointing not the other way round. Age could now be a factor but up till now they have kicked butt.

jimmytigs

Quote from: ubeaut on January 10, 2012, 02:58:09 AM
Quote from: jimmytigs on January 09, 2012, 02:28:46 PM

in short-pavlich
Come on. Pav O'Keefe Chappy and Goodes have been around the top Forwards for years. They are mostly good and sometimes dissapointing not the other way round. Age could now be a factor but up till now they have kicked butt.

chappys been magnificent but hes on the other side of the mountain now,goodes is a 170 or 50 guy,he can really be frustrating,pav is always out of team at end of season & okeefe scores lower more than higher,i just think with fyfe beams martin & zaharakis these guys are irrevelent now & the old days of walking on eggshells with them rejoicing in there great scoring weeks then lamenting in the frustration of their failures is a thing of the past

nichsa673

I think Chappy will have a good year, as he was injured all last year, and still averaged over 100. Also, saying that Fyfe is a certainty. He is a very good player, and will eventually be in my team. But he hasn't even started training yet because of his shoulder. WE know when players don't have a good preseason, they struggle, at least at the start of the year. Fyfe is an upgrade target for me.

jimmytigs

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 12, 2012, 12:05:25 PM
I think Chappy will have a good year, as he was injured all last year, and still averaged over 100. Also, saying that Fyfe is a certainty. He is a very good player, and will eventually be in my team. But he hasn't even started training yet because of his shoulder. WE know when players don't have a good preseason, they struggle, at least at the start of the year. Fyfe is an upgrade target for me.

yeah im cautious on fyfe,also beams as he is a bit injury prone & is a sub quite often,but the other 2 as dpp is really exciting,i can see them on my forward line & zorko sitting on the pine in the midfield

btw dangerfield is another i will be avoiding like the plague