Latest Version - A bit more risk

Started by The Woodman, January 09, 2012, 12:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Woodman

Hi all. Long time reader, finally decided to register this year.
First draft for the year (not totally happy with the backs, but struggling to find more cash).

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, Clarke, Ellis, Mohr (Golds, Smedts)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Horesly, Shiel, McDonald (Zorko, L. Brown)

Rucks: Mumford, Sandilands (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Brown, Porplyzia (Pfeiffer, Kerridge)

Cash left: $19,400

Cheers

dmac07

Looks like a solid first up side, lots of good premium choices.

Backs: Good premiums but lacking a little depth, Bower is cheap but adds good depth I think if fit.

Mids: Can't fault the three premiums, don't know much about Horesly or L.Brown, mature age recruits Clifton and Miles from GWS worth a look here I think.

Rucks: Perfect

Fwds: Good premiums in Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Zaha, not sold on Sidebottom though, I still think he is behind Pednles, Swan, Thoams, Ball, Shaw and Cloke at Collingwood and a team can only have so many players average over 100. Brwon and Porplyzia are risky but thats a call you could make eaither way.

7.5/10: Good but backs a little week and not sold on Sidebottom.

Personally, I'd downgrade sidebottom to a rookie (Saad, Treloar, Walksh) and upgrade Lake or Clarke to a premium in the backs.

jaycav

I Agree with dmac good solid premiuims but to many mid priced- Sidebottom, brown, porp, lake and clarke i would look at down grading one or 2 and upgrading definately backline and possible midfield

Overall not bad 8/10 but you might struggle rd1 with so many mid price players if the gamble doesnt pay off

The Woodman

Hmm good points.  I'll see what I can do.....

The Woodman

Well, I tried to take everything under consideration, but I just couldn't find any value in the lower priced premiums in the backline.
So instead I decided to supercharge my forward line:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, Ellis, Mohr, Spurr (Golds, Hombsch)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sylvia, Zaharakis, Lewis, Pfeiffer, (Walsh, Kerridge)

Cash left: $24,600

Thoughts?

ben_020285

Backs are solid. Lake is obviously a risk and we will wait and see if he lines up in round 1.

Mids are too light on. I reckon a good team will need to start with 4 premium mids.

Rucks are perfect.

Fwd line is great but too heavy handed. I'm a Dees man and I can say to you that I wouldnt trust Sylvia for both form and disciplinary reasons. Maybe swap him for a rookie and then upgrade a rookie in the mids for a premium.

dmac07

I like the strucure but agree on Slyvia. Would go Someone like Cloke or Goodes instead.

If you downgrade Lewis to a rookie (im thinking saad), you could possible upgrade horesly to a premium in the mids? Not sure if there would be enough cash for that though.

The Woodman

Options instead of Sylvia then? I agree with prior comments about sidebottom, and will probably avoid him this year, but I'm not sure who else I'd go for in the forwards.
I like only having the 3 premium mids, as given that there's usually an large number of rookie mids, it means that there are adequat downgrades along the journey, and that given the kids are playing midfield, their scores usually go up faster that other positions.
I've done it in previous years and it's worked pretty well.
The premium mid I've love to get is Selwood, but i'm 500,000 away from moving any of my rookies to that.

The Woodman

OK Fixed!!! Very happy at present:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Burgoyne, Ellis, Mohr, Golds (Smedts, Hombsch)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Lewis, Brown, Pfeiffer, (Walsh, Kerridge)

$5,700 left over

Murph03

Looks very solid. I like your 3 prem mids theory.

Though Sandilands, Mumford and Stephenson all have a bye in R12 but everyone will be missing a few players through the bye rounds.   

The Woodman

New and improved - managed to squeeze Lake into the backline as well:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Fisher, Burgoyne, Lake, Ellis, Mohr, (Golds, Hombsch)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Horesly, Shiel, McDonald (Zorko, King-Wilson)

Rucks: Mumford, Jacobs (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Brown, Treloar, (Walsh, Kerridge)

$4,600 left over

The Woodman

Hi guys. I've gone a standard G&R, but added a couple of more risky options in Lake, Hayes, and Brown, and only 1 prem ruck.
Very happy I think with this team at the moment  ;D . Thoughts?

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Blee [Brown, Wilkes]

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Hayes, Miles, Shiel [McDonald, Mitchell]

Rucks: Mumford, Stephenson [Giles, Rowe]

Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Zaharakis, Lewis, Brown, Walsh, Zorko [Dickinson, Panos]

$5,500 spare

PICCOLLO

Good team.  Two points to consider are omitting hayes for a younger option and your initial make up.  Last year defence was the area where you could get away with a weakened team - youve gone in heavy there.  Id downgrade scotland and invest in another gun fwd or ruck.  It makes sense bcos rookie fwds traditionally dont score well (unless they are predominantly mid fwds)so less of them on the park is better.

Disco

The structure is pretty good. I'm not a fan of the 1prem ruck 1 rook ruck but each to their own. 3GWS rook mids might be a risk especially if they get belted and they all have low scores. Watch the NAB cup as I doubt the bench rookies will get many games this year (except Giles and possibly Brown)

Luigi197

Not a bad team at all, and a better of the riskier teams.

The defence is fine, and come the mids, one of Barlow and Hayes should go to free up some cash as they probably will not be a smart pick, IMO. If you want to cheapen up the rucks, IMO West is the way to go. Also not sold on Lewis..