Main Menu

Brian Lake

Started by diddley, January 08, 2012, 05:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

well said littlefreddy +1

My father in law is a doggies supporter and all his family and Eades was a blight on the hopes on every bulldogs fan.

The 3 best things that can happen for the Bulldogs are as follows.

1. Eade gets sacked. [tick]
2. They get a gun tall forward. [?]
3. Lake comes back and gets back to all Australian form and resumes his place in the team as "thier most important player".

People forget the difference he made in the side, or maybe they don't they just can't rely on him anymore, if he looks good in nabcup, my team has to make room :)

Purple 77

Quote from: littlefreddy on January 19, 2012, 01:46:57 AM
Quote from: HevvieEvvie on January 19, 2012, 01:28:50 AM
Quote from: littlefreddy on January 19, 2012, 01:18:31 AM
he's held together by sticky tape

Seems you already know why?

Yeah the sticky tape comment is funny.

Hopefully more like liquid nails!

He'll be fit enough.

He'll play 18 plus games at an average of 100 plus points...pick him.

Are you so confident, that if i pick him, and he's crap, I'll personally hold you responsible for my teams possible low ranking because of it?  ;D

Grazz

Nab Cup form will be the make or break for him in my side, cant really make a decision either way till then.

Torress

i'm not planning any sides with him in it. i don't have the confidence but hope he does make it. can't be encouraging when last year he said he was pretty much rehabbing heaps of things at the one time. he is 30 right??? tick tick tick tick boom

but lets wait til NAB 1st, you'd hate to not have him and he dominates. i went for kennely a few years ago when the eski dominated, was not happy!!

meow meow

DO NOT PICK BRIAN LAKE IN 2012!!!

Because, he is travelling beautifully and I would like any advantage I can get over people who choose to pass up the opportunity to get a gun into their team on the cheap. The only issue is his fitness, and it's looking that it will be a non-issue at this stage. He is ahead of schedule, and will definitely be right for round 1. His attitude towards training, and football in general is 200% better than last year, and he is doing absolutely everything to return to being the top notch player we all know he is.

46blues

brian lake a good pick? please give me your thoughts  :)

ando_10

ive taken him. souley because he is cheap as hell. and will make a bucket load of money.. who knows he might even become a keeper like he was in 2010.

cortez

Another thing with lake is that will he get as msny touches under mccartney as he did under eade? Im tipping he will get his average back up to 85-90 but thats not keeper by the end of the year so im steering clear.

the flying hawk

I dont trust Lakes' body, on the wrong side of 30 and im not sure if he can get to that standard again.

But im willing to be proven wrong

ando_10

or would people be more inclined to go with BOWER

ubeaut

Quote from: ando_10 on February 04, 2012, 12:27:22 PM
or would people be more inclined to go with BOWER
I'm considerig both. Lake has better J.S if fit (which apparently he is/will be). But Bower has been training so well that he could take Duigans' spot who is injured.

gpdemons

I know he's had a shocker run, but this guy can play.. worth a risk?

Torress

mate probably don't need a new thread as he is a major topic atm!!!

but if he is on the park he is worth a look mate for sure! will drastically change team's structures if he does come good. i haven't planned a team with him just as i don't expect him to, but if he does come good at seasons start i will have a good time making room for him  :-*

enzedder

Much will depend on NAB. If he does well you can expect him to be one of the most picked players in Supercoach this year. At his best he is a gun. He is in my team atm.