Main Menu

Brian Lake

Started by diddley, January 08, 2012, 05:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diddley

Any word on how Lake is going?
a great premium defender dropped off the map last year, and i havent heard much talk of him this year.
he is a great price, but will he play?

Impromptu

Quote from: diddley on January 08, 2012, 05:40:12 PM
Any word on how Lake is going?
a great premium defender dropped off the map last year, and i havent heard much talk of him this year.
he is a great price, but will he play?

LOL funny enough I was going to search to see if there was a thread on Lake.

Lake is a bit scary, if you don't have him and he explodes, you are gone and if you have him at the awkward price and he plays funny buggers, you are gone!!

Miss Pies

Off Topic, but are you THE impromptu?? SC winner from last year??

diddley

his price isnt that awkward. if he fails, it would be a little worse than a failed rookie. but i dont even know if he is going to be playing. he didnt get much of a run last year.

Impromptu

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 08, 2012, 05:45:12 PM
Off Topic, but are you THE impromptu?? SC winner from last year??

Yes, I'm the SC winner 2011. 

Long time user of game day FanFooty but don't usually use the forum as I wasn't even aware of it until recently.

Quote from: diddley on January 08, 2012, 05:46:40 PM
his price isnt that awkward. if he fails, it would be a little worse than a failed rookie. but i dont even know if he is going to be playing. he didnt get much of a run last year.

I agree Lake is technically not awkwardly priced, but for me it is as I wouldn't mind the extra 140k needed for my team  :)

diddley

imo, if he is fit ad is going to play, he is far more valuable at his price than any rookie. but if he is not going to be given a chance, then there is no point.

wheres meow meow when you need him? he seems to know all about the whereabouts of doggie players.

Boomz

Not going to pick him for my team. Not worth it at that price.

CuStArDaRm

In my side if healthy and playing throughout nab well

miffysp

IMO he as at a price where he is definantly worth the risk for the rewards could easily make him the pick of the season.
Il monitor him through the nab cup n if he looks promising I'm guna keep him in. Ifnot il Just change to a rookie as his only my 6th defender anyways.

Congrats on last year impromptu. Very impressive

Miss Pies

Gratz impromptu good job.

As for Lake well he was fit as when he returned late last season and can and should be in your side especially at his price and if he goes bottums up then you can always trade out. But I do not think this will be the case. I'm prediciting at least 80+ for him and for me in def with his price tag of mid 250k you'd be an idiot not to test him out.

Quote from: Boomz on January 08, 2012, 06:24:15 PM
Not going to pick him for my team. Not worth it at that price.

At that price? LOL He cost next to nothing lol

pavs nose

locked in for me. forget 2011. lack of fitness meant a lack of confidence. i think he'll post some monster scores.

charliesheen

I think it comes down to team balance and how you use the remaining cash.  For example, if you have spend 200-300k on Lake, you may have to use the remaining cash in a price range you not comfortable with.  Even if he averages 85-90, if your other pick is a dud it will offset it.

This is the issue I am having with including Pendlebury, it is beginning to compromise some of my decision making.

I don't think Lake is the worst selection, but I think you should look at things as a whole rather than in isolation.  Saying that, from all my reports I wouldn't say he is having the best preseason.

pavs nose

Quote from: charliesheen on January 08, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
I think it comes down to team balance and how you use the remaining cash.  For example, if you have spend 200-300k on Lake, you may have to use the remaining cash in a price range you not comfortable with.  Even if he averages 85-90, if your other pick is a dud it will offset it.

This is the issue I am having with including Pendlebury, it is beginning to compromise some of my decision making.

I don't think Lake is the worst selection, but I think you should look at things as a whole rather than in isolation.  Saying that, from all my reports I wouldn't say he is having the best preseason.

where did you read that he isnt having a good preseason?

Impromptu

Quote from: charliesheen on January 08, 2012, 07:17:06 PM

FWIW Pendle is not in my side for that sole reason (for the greater good of your team!) ** I've tweeted this multiple so I won't go back on my word that Pendles will not be in my side 100%), however I could finish 100.000 this year >:( >:( >:(**

Dejavu for me with Lake in terms of me not having Malceski in 2010 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( PS - Malceski still scars me :(

Lake with the new coach may help or may be the same as I understand Lake and Eade had a love/hate relationship.  It's the unknown that scares me and I don't want this to be happening around bye time!! FWIW Lake has been in and out my team 1000 times since I got SC Gold.

Dr Bones

I think Lake presents tremendous value if he's fit. Watching the Nab before making a call but he's in my draft side at the moment.