Gone with 4 prem mids + barlow, Thoughts on team please!

Started by mdub, January 08, 2012, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Just about perfect. But why is everyone so in love with Barlow :( Gets quite boring after a while!

DT Gun

i dont think he will even be in the top 6 mids at the end of the year!

mdub

Justin Bieber

Nails

Quote from: DT Gun on January 20, 2012, 07:13:00 PM

Doesn't really matter if he's top 6 or not gunno. He could average ~100-105 and make about 100grand which would be worth it, whilst you'd prefer more out of your cash cows if you're getting 100ppg v.s. 65ppg the less money earned is made up by the extra 350 points over the 10 money accumulating rounds.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nails on January 20, 2012, 11:59:52 PM
Quote from: DT Gun on January 20, 2012, 07:13:00 PM

Doesn't really matter if he's top 6 or not gunno. He could average ~100-105 and make about 100grand which would be worth it, whilst you'd prefer more out of your cash cows if you're getting 100ppg v.s. 65ppg the less money earned is made up by the extra 350 points over the 10 money accumulating rounds.
yeah but there lies your problem nails... u gunna seriously trade out a player who is averaging 105?  if you pick barlow and he does what u expect 95 to 105 then he really has to be a keeper.   
it really depend on how u use the money thats saved by taking barlow over ultra premo

mdub

Mark's XVIII Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by 1willima. Salary cap left: $36,700.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Reece Conca, Matthew Buntine, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Kyal Horsely
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Tommy Walsh, Jeremy Cameron, Adam Treloar
Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

Football Factory

Strong Midfield at the expense of  your defenders and forwards ... especially your defenders

Colliwobblers

yeah thats 100% right what FF said, good solid side tho, normally i'd say downgrade buntine for the extra 70K as you will fins a rook just as good for 70K less.

Conca could be a keeper this season and if so not a bad defence so could buntine, tho a bit hopeful, which is why i encourage you to keep those two in lieu of another premium you should have.

The extra premium in in your midfield which is very strong, ruck is as good as a ruck gets, fwd line is solid also,

Great team, no doubt the extra mid premium will outscore the extra one you would have in defence otherwise so might be a smart move.

GL

mdub

Salary cap left: $114,500.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Reece Conca, Sam Docherty, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Josh Tynan

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Joel Selwood, Josh Caddy, Kyal Horsely
Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell

Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Billie Smedts
Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

Byes: 2/3/4 - 2/3/3 - 2/2/0 - 2/3/4 = 8/11/11

yorgis

looks pretty good mdub just wait and see which of your rooks will get a start

hippiemansam

Probably upgrade Porps. His shoulder is too fragile to even be in contention for a DT spot.

stew42

Backs: Solid. Check if Tynan's starting. He has received a bit of hype pre-draft, but now is a bit quiet... keep an eye open. Obvious risk in Conca. 8/10
Mids: VERY solid premos. I would only go for midpricers in my backs and fwds (and H-Mac), as there are so many promising rooks in the mids. But that's just me :) If you could upgrade Caddy to Barlow, it might be a 10... 8.5/10
Rucks: Good, not too much to fault. 9/10
Fwds: Good. I believe that Saad is very over-hyped, he's just a small forward, and the Saints already have Milne... Also I think Rowe is overhyped. If you need the R/F link (which you don't) then I would keep him, but expect an average of 40. 8/10

Overall: 8/10 a good team, just need to do the final nit-picking (basically, check NAB Cup) with rooks and mid-pricers, but your premos are set.

Windigo

I agree with the over hype about Rowe.

No DPP links?

kingkong

Quote from: mdub on January 26, 2012, 03:11:14 PM

keep in mind im pretty sure the Sandiberger will have a joint rd11 bye with giles joining them