Gone with 4 prem mids + barlow, Thoughts on team please!

Started by mdub, January 08, 2012, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

Mark's XVIII Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by 1willima. Salary cap left: $16,000.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Tomas Bugg, Billie Smedts

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Allen Christensen, Dylan Shiel
Jackson Allen, James McDonald

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Adam Tomlinson, Darren Pfeiffer, Ahmed Saad
Jeremy Cameron, Dayne Zorko

hotmail2

No buddy or cloke ??? are you hoping to upgrade later ???? you might get left behind a tad if u wait to long to get them in your team , not alot of goal kickers in the forward line and shaw?? very risky!!! good luck

popedelio

overall solid team

having christensen in the midfield may be a wise move and make his stocks less riskier due to the fact that if he doesnt perform early you can downgrade him to a midfield rookie on the bubble saving you some extra cash

Docherty is still nursing his knee injury and to me isnt a good cash cow because of fitness

Im not confident on pfeiffer getting games nor performing well

mdub

yer im not sure if i should go either shaw or broughton(depend on his midfield time)

Most fwds are mid/fwds so these players will most likely be consistent with disposals, kicks and tackles. Where goal kickers can be inconsistent, but may bring in cloke.

read that pfeiffer is having strong pre season, and its port so im sure they put in a up and coming rookie.

Justin Bieber

mdub

I dont know if ther is sarcasum in that reply watterz haha

Colliwobblers

Quote from: mdub on January 08, 2012, 04:30:02 PM
Mark's XVIII Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by 1willima. Salary cap left: $16,000.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Allen Christensen, Dylan Shiel
Jackson Allen, James McDonald

Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Adam Tomlinson, Darren Pfeiffer, Ahmed Saad
Jeremy Cameron, Dayne Zorko

Yeah good team indeed I would have had (have) put christensen in my fwd line as there i see him s a keeper in the mids not elite enough this year i think. But with the new dpp trade rule you can upgrade downgrade a fwd rook move christensen to the fwd line and recruit a mid anyway so that doesnt matter so much where you start him.

I have Shaw too but im nervous, that DT i guess. The other thing is buddy is buddy not a goal kicker he is a buddy :)

Great rucks everyone else is solid make sure fyfe is fit and ready to go round 1 and rooks will sort themselves out during nabcup

mdub

Salary cap left: $21,300.

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Chad Wingard, Kyal Horsely
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Allen Christensen, Stephen Clifton, Ahmed Saad
Adam Treloar, Dayne Zorko

Comments welcome:)

upthemaidens

its fine,  i could say" u should swap player x with player y"  but that would be personal choice
its a well balanced team
actually one thing  you may want a mpp link in the mid bench (off the top of my head i dont think wing or hors are)
also u have smedts who is a f/b mpp, so maybe try to get another in the fwd line to give u some flexibility,  but they are pretty minor things and im sure your rookies will change many times between now and start of season anyhow.

Kuruki

You will need to take Clifton out of your forward line. he is a mid only. Maybe replace him with Hampton.

mdub

Quote from: Kuruki on January 10, 2012, 08:25:34 PM
You will need to take Clifton out of your forward line. he is a mid only. Maybe replace him with Hampton.
why does fan planner have him as a DPP

Andrew

A mid/for in the midfield and that's a complete team. I personally wouldn't start with Franklin but as mentioned, personal choice.

mdub

Need some feedback on my team

Cheers.

Mark's XVIII Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by 1willima. Salary cap left: $71,300.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Billie Smedts

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Kyal Horsely
Dylan Shiel, Koby Stevens

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Allen Christensen, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron
Adam Treloar, Tommy Walsh

Colliwobblers

Hi mdub, feedback.

DEF: awesome, make sure docherty is fit and ready to go for round 1 or so.

MID: Awesome, make sure horseley is set to definately be promoted off the rookie list and play early - he should IMO.

RUCK: Awesome. (fullstop) :)

FWD: Awesome, make sure cameron isnt only going to play FF KPP type role, he shouldnt  as he is a gun and too good for that but make sure throug hnab cup.

TEAM: AWESOME . great job, great structure, great players.

mdub

I think this will be my last draft till NAB cup but somethings could change on peoples comments.

Mark's XVIII Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by 1willima. Salary cap left: $49,900.

Brendan Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Kyal Horsely
Dylan Shiel, Koby Stevens

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Allen Christensen, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron
Adam Treloar, Dayne Zorko