DT OPENS IN A WEEK BUT HERE IS AN EARLIER PRESENT

Started by The F.A.R.K., January 07, 2012, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Salary cap left: $29,900.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Bachar Houli, Dyson Heppell, Brandon Ellis, Marty Clarke
Steven Morris, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, Dom Tyson, Dayne Zorko, Koby Stevens
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Dean Cox, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Adam Treloar, Ahmed Saad
Darren Pfeiffer, Sam Kerridge

Initially had Buntine but have decided that Morris and Ellis look better picks atm and it was a toss up between Broughts and Houli ans Shaw and Enright. Another option I have been toying at is bargain ruck dropping Hmac and promoting Giles and then getting Longer (read up a bit on him yesterday and he is on the FARK List).

FARK out

upthemaidens

r u farken serious
nah but umm rd 12 bye, your midfield premiums......i'll let u join the dots
strong forwards and backs
im not gunna give u any names for replacements ,but i would downgrade houli and upgrade sidebum

but its a pretty good team if u dont care about the byes

elephants

Yeah Fark. Your mids are screwed.

3 super guns out in round 12 and all 5 rookie missing in round 11. What The shower???

Shirtfront

Does it really matter?  going for overall or a league finals, who cares.

I'd prefer to have Swan and Pendles and Selwood leasing up to round 11, 12 and 13 for 10 weeks of 120+ points and miss them for 1 bye only.  Doesn't matter when..

Or have Rockliff(11), Watson(12) and Murphy(13) and share the byes around.  You would surely lose 50 points per week, 70 if you considering captaincy.  So 700 ponts behind before you even get to round 11 and everyone has to have a bye at some stage.

Get over the byes issue, there's no magic loophole available.

The F.A.R.K.

My DT motto for 2012 is FARK the byes and concentrating on the other rounds

elephants

Okay, so you're looking at scoring above 1600 during the byes and attempting to kill the rest of the season??

upthemaidens

Quote from: Shirtfront on January 07, 2012, 11:08:40 PM
Does it really matter?  going for overall or a league finals, who cares.

I'd prefer to have Swan and Pendles and Selwood leasing up to round 11, 12 and 13 for 10 weeks of 120+ points and miss them for 1 bye only.  Doesn't matter when..

Or have Rockliff(11), Watson(12) and Murphy(13) and share the byes around.  You would surely lose 50 points per week, 70 if you considering captaincy.  So 700 ponts behind before you even get to round 11 and everyone has to have a bye at some stage.

Get over the byes issue, there's no magic loophole available.
i think u may have missed the point

The F.A.R.K.

No but i dont want to have a shower team all year just to compensate byes. Going for more points per week and league wins

upthemaidens

Quote from: The FARK Academy on January 08, 2012, 12:25:57 AM
No but i dont want to have a shower team all year just to compensate byes. Going for more points per week and league wins
oh well if ya going for league win then thats no prob,,

Andrew

I'm looking to give myself a plan b and maybe even c by using dual position. But I agree, no point basing a team around 3 rounds mid-season. If they were earlier in the season maybe you could plan appropriately but by the time you come you'd be happy just to be in contention league or overall ambition. If you're in the top 100 overall by that stage, the 3 trades for the round might come in great use... But get there first.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: The FARK Academy on January 07, 2012, 11:33:58 AM

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Bachar Houli, Dyson Heppell, Brandon Ellis, Marty Clarke

Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Adam Treloar, Ahmed Saad

Initially had Buntine but have decided that Morris and Ellis look better picks atm and it was a toss up between Broughts and Houli ans Shaw and Enright. Another option I have been toying at is bargain ruck dropping Hmac and promoting Giles and then getting Longer (read up a bit on him yesterday and he is on the FARK List).

FARK out

yeah round 13 bye - goddard/delidio/houli
round 12 bye swan/pendles/selwood-----and----fyfe/zaka/sidebum
round 11 bye cox/hmac

I assume they are all keepers (hopefuly) so will make your life hard over the bye rounds.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 08, 2012, 08:39:57 PM
Quote from: The FARK Academy on January 07, 2012, 11:33:58 AM

FARK out

yeah round 13 bye - goddard/delidio/houli
round 12 bye swan/pendles/selwood-----and----fyfe/zaka/sidebum
round 11 bye cox/hmac

I assume they are all keepers (hopefuly) so will make your life hard over the bye rounds.
apparently he doesnt care about byes

The F.A.R.K.

THE SECRETS TO SUCSESS HAHAHA

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Pearce Hanley, Brandon Ellis, Marty Clarke
Tim Mohr, Karmichael Hunt

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel
Anthony Miles, Sam Kerridge

Sam Jacobs, Jonathan Giles
Jarrad Redden, Orren Stephenson

Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Leigh Adams, Dayne Zorko, Billie Smedts
Adam Treloar, Ahmed Saad

There is 10k in the bank. Dont really worry about the byes when criticising coz im not fussed

Colliwobblers

unique and very good, im not sure on the ruck strategy but it sure strengthens the team everywhere else, and for the record only 3 premiums on the round 13 bye in the fwd line otherwise its all good for the byes too.

Very good side and unique.

ScoreGasm

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 26, 2012, 11:18:09 PM
THE SECRETS TO SUCSESS HAHAHA

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Pearce Hanley, Brandon Ellis, Marty Clarke
Tim Mohr, Karmichael Hunt

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel
Anthony Miles, Sam Kerridge

Sam Jacobs, Jonathan Giles
Jarrad Redden, Orren Stephenson

Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Leigh Adams, Dayne Zorko, Billie Smedts
Adam Treloar, Ahmed Saad

There is 10k in the bank. Dont really worry about the byes when criticising coz im not fussed

Great side mate. A few uniques in there. Make sure that Heath Shaw isn't parked at the TAB lol