Reece Conca

Started by theflyinghawk, January 06, 2012, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

conca or ellis

id take ellis and 100k

RiOtChEsS

the thing with breakout seasons is that they arent always looming obviously...

elephants

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 20, 2012, 02:41:45 PM
conca or ellis

id take ellis and 100k
Alternatively Cona AND Ellis.

The F.A.R.K.

look imo conca wont breakout yet. He will have a breakout soon but not this year he is a second year player.

boo-yaa

there was this guy called fyfe i think, last year, who was a 2nd year player. he went ok.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: boo-yaa on January 20, 2012, 02:59:17 PM
there was this guy called fyfe i think, last year, who was a 2nd year player. he went ok.
boo-yaa :P

Adamant

Also some dude named Tommy Rockliff, he did alright  ;)

boo-yaa

^^^^ mmmmm... very true.
there can sometimes be some gold hidden in those 2nd year players.

Ziplock

*technically* speaking rocky was 3rd year, but in reality it was only his second :P

elephants

Quote from: Marcz on January 20, 2012, 03:00:23 PM
Zing!
I'm jumping on. Gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on January 20, 2012, 04:33:23 PM
Quote from: Marcz on January 20, 2012, 03:00:23 PM
Zing!
I'm jumping on. Gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Never a truer word spoken, He who has the nuts wins this caper.

The F.A.R.K.

alright but i see better risks than conca. BTW rockliff and fyfe had barely anything said about them before they brokeout so... conca has been a regular in this forum...really doubt it

elephants

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 20, 2012, 05:13:08 PM
alright but i see better risks than conca. BTW rockliff and fyfe had barely anything said about them before they brokeout so... conca has been a regular in this forum...really doubt it
Rock was a gun in his first year as a forward. People were already keen to jump on in round 1 of 2010 anyway.
I was one of the lucky ones to jump on Fyfey. He scored 72 points in a half a match in the NAB cup. After that he was in the teams of the coaches who bothered to crunch some numbers.
So Conca has been more publicized. That's only because his move to the midfield is definite and set in stone...
IMO it's worth the risk. We could potentially have a top-end midfielder in our backlines for the price of 270k.

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on January 20, 2012, 05:59:21 PM
Rock was a gun in his first year as a forward. People were already keen to jump on in round 1 of 2010 anyway.
I was one of the lucky ones to jump on Fyfey. He scored 72 points in a half a match in the NAB cup. After that he was in the teams of the coaches who bothered to crunch some numbers.
So Conca has been more publicized. That's only because his move to the midfield is definite and set in stone...
IMO it's worth the risk. We could potentially have a top-end midfielder in our backlines for the price of 270k.

Great write-up and I'm definately starting with Conca. Mid-priced defenders are the best kind of mid-priced player to take a risk on.

elephants

Quote from: Andrew on January 20, 2012, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 20, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

Great write-up and I'm definately starting with Conca. Mid-priced defenders are the best kind of mid-priced player to take a risk on.
Yep this is 100% true. The lack of reliable premium defenders (coupled with the trecherous bye scheduling) makes picking defensive mid-pricers and spending money elsewhere much more valid.