Reece Conca

Started by theflyinghawk, January 06, 2012, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

At the moment he is my 5th back ahead of Lake, few reasons for this

This kid is going to be a serious jet and this will be the only year we see him with DEF eligibility. Played a hard in and under role which was always going to be very tough on a first year player and was never going to be very helpful for his dreamteam scores. having no pre-seaon last year on top of this meant he burnt out towards the end of last year and i think this hopefully means he has already gone through his 'second year blues' to an extent.

Has had a good pre-season and should be rearing to go through the tigers midfield this season. at 270k and with the lack of genuine guns downback he will be in my team for the moment and im looking forward to watching him play in NAB.

Thoughts?

nichsa673

I would like to pick him, but Deledio and Ellis are in my team ahead of him, and I would be looking at Steven Morris before him as well.

Colliwobblers

Is he any good? it's a tricky price and I guess a lot of see him a an expensive rook rather than a mid priced player. Love to get the low down on him and find out what his role will be this year and what the liklihood of improvement is, the problem as stated above is the otehr players on his bye

theflyinghawk

he will be a gun, he played a role for most year that was very difficult, he showed when he went to a back flank he is more then capable of racking up possies, i think he will be played off a wing and average 80+ comfortably, think your safe to take a risk in the backs hes mine

That being said understand the byes issue.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: theflyinghawk on January 06, 2012, 10:11:35 PM
he will be a gun, he played a role for most year that was very difficult, he showed when he went to a back flank he is more then capable of racking up possies, i think he will be played off a wing and average 80+ comfortably, think your safe to take a risk in the backs hes mine

For me if he plays in mids or half back or wing attacking role he is in my team, if they put him back to lock down players like milne again i'll pass :)

theflyinghawk

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 06, 2012, 11:05:48 PM

For me if he plays in mids or half back or wing attacking role he is in my team, if they put him back to lock down players like milne again i'll pass :)

you wont see him down back, with ellis and morris are down there now theres no need for him to play a defensive role :)

Kuruki

There seems to be a few cheapy options in the backs from Richmond.

Astbury
Conca
Ellis
Morris
Weberly
Moore.

Anyone heard of this Moore dude? Havent seen him in any teams by memory?. Is he a high draft pick or something? Why is all the talk of Morris and Ellis, is this guy not expected to get a game?

theflyinghawk

Quote from: Kuruki on January 06, 2012, 11:14:21 PM

Astbury
Conca
Ellis
Morris
Weberly
Moore.

Anyone heard of this Moore dude? Havent seen him in any teams by memory?. Is he a high draft pick or something? Why is all the talk of Morris and Ellis, is this guy not expected to get a game?

Astbury- Will probably play CHB, wouldnt score too highly i wouldnt think
Conca- IS A MIDFIELDER= get on
Ellis- Looks like a gun, will play games
Morris- Same as Ellis but more likely to get a lockdown role, will probably get the milne/betts types.
Webberley- Wouldnt bet on him getting a game anytime soon
Moore- Kelvin Moore? is the most experienced defender down at the tiges and was a decent player too, been injured last few years and wouldnt bank on him getting back sadly, was never dt relevant regardless

Kuruki

Quote from: theflyinghawk on January 06, 2012, 11:22:10 PM
Quote from: Kuruki on January 06, 2012, 11:14:21 PM

Astbury
Conca
Ellis
Morris
Weberly
Moore.

Astbury- Will probably play CHB, wouldnt score too highly i wouldnt think
Conca- IS A MIDFIELDER= get on
Ellis- Looks like a gun, will play games
Morris- Same as Ellis but more likely to get a lockdown role, will probably get the milne/betts types.
Webberley- Wouldnt bet on him getting a game anytime soon
Moore- Kelvin Moore? is the most experienced defender down at the tiges and was a decent player too, been injured last few years and wouldnt bank on him getting back sadly, was never dt relevant regardless

Ahh Cheers.

elephants

Love the kid, i may take the punt!!

theflyinghawk

needs to lose his current beard though its filthy

elephants

Usman

On roar vision he said he will play on the wing this season as he was not comfortable playing shutdown roles in defense, which was purely a method by hardwick to help teach him defensive skills to improve his overall game. He said he is much more comfortable in the mids/wing and will be there this year. Still tossing up whether or not I should get him? Will wait for nab. he will be better in SC however cause he is a silky smooth player (In a sort of Nicky dal mold)