DPP Rooks In Your Midfield

Started by Colliwobblers, January 06, 2012, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to start with a DPP ROOK in your midfield Which one&Who?

YES x 2 - A DPP DEF & A DPP FWD (rook)
7 (28%)
YES - A DPP DEF ONLY (rook)
0 (0%)
YES - A DPP FWD ONLY (rook)
9 (36%)
NO - BUT I AM STARTING A DPP DEF (PREMIUM)
1 (4%)
NO - BUT I AM STARTING A DPP FWD (PREMIUM)
0 (0%)
NO - BUT I AM STARTING BOT HA DPP DEF & A DPP FWD (PREMIUM)
0 (0%)
I AM STARTING A MIXTURE OF BOTH DEF & FWD DPP (PREMIUM & ROOK)
0 (0%)
NO - I AM NOT HAVING ANY DPP PLAYERS AT ALL START IN MY MIDFIELD
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Colliwobblers

Simple question tho more options than I initially thought.

Are you planning on starting either a gun or a rook in your midfield on the ground or on the bench that has either dpp mid-def or dpp mid-fwd status?

PLease post the names of the dpp players you are planning to use if you can.

Kuruki

As far as rookie mid's are concerned ii'm only interested in the best money making cash cows and trying to find this years Curnow. I will worry about the dpp when i'm looking to downgrade some of my fat cows before round 11.

Colliwobblers

For me I have Zorko MID/FWD in my mids, but I have Docherty in my DEF who is DEF/MID, if I moved him to the mids I would have both def and fwd link in my mids. Not sure it works yet or if it is worth it. There are still solid rooks down bakc and a lot of the good mid rooks are fwd also so can go in there. guess i'm just interested in the percieved importance of the DPP this year.

Tho I must agree as long as you have the right players in general you will have players to field and you are better off with the best guns and rooks available in any position regardless of dpp or byes... arent you

kilbluff1985

I'm going to try and have one link from my mid to my defense and forward, i just think this gives you many more options but if i cant get a link that will be playing round one i wont bother i dunno if they will be in my starting 22 or not yet.

pavs nose

My only DPP link in the mids is dane beams. I genuinely think he can have a 110 ave this year and eventually I'll move him fwd to make way for other premo mids. dont have pendles or swan to start but will have sidebottom in the fwd line

Colliwobblers

Quote from: pavs nose on January 06, 2012, 07:31:53 PM
My only DPP link in the mids is dane beams. I genuinely think he can have a 110 ave this year and eventually I'll move him fwd to make way for other premo mids. dont have pendles or swan to start but will have sidebottom in the fwd line

+1 for bravery, I wish I could do it I being a pies supporter would love to come down the stretch after the byes with Shaw Clarke Swan Pendles Cloak and Beams all smashing out the big ones.

But for $500 beams doesnt get a gig in my side .... yet . thing is his dpp makes his someone you want at the start not someone to upgrade to.

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: Kuruki on January 06, 2012, 06:28:59 PM
As far as rookie mid's are concerned ii'm only interested in the best money making cash cows and trying to find this years Curnow. I will worry about the dpp when i'm looking to downgrade some of my fat cows before round 11.

+ Infinity  :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 06, 2012, 11:48:07 PM

+ Infinity  :P

I think that sums it up, DPP is irrelevant in the starting side and if it is something to look at do it when you downgrade/upgrade cashcows before bye, only problem then tho is all the best dpp rooks are not rook priced anymore by then... and the ones that are will be risky, so it really is a DPP from the start or nothing situation whichever way you looks at it.??

Grazz

Ditto couldnt of said it better mate.

chaosAD

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 06, 2012, 10:05:55 PM

+1 for bravery, I wish I could do it I being a pies supporter would love to come down the stretch after the byes with Shaw Clarke Swan Pendles Cloak and Beams all smashing out the big ones.

But for $500 beams doesnt get a gig in my side .... yet . thing is his dpp makes his someone you want at the start not someone to upgrade to.
+1000000000 for being Brave/Stupid/beneficial to me being ranked higher that u! Starting Beams in the midfield is a joke! Goodluck!

Football Factory

I have D.Pfeiffer he needs to be elevated to the senior list tho

tigers123

what about B. Ellis from richmond? sounds like he is having a ripper preseason (came 2nd in the team time trial) and hardwick is impressed so surely should get a game... he has DEF/MID DPP

Cicjose

i didnt think Ellis had DPP but im pretty sure he is one of the first picked for most people

pavs nose

Quote from: chaosAD on January 08, 2012, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 06, 2012, 10:05:55 PM

+1000000000 for being Brave/Stupid/beneficial to me being ranked higher that u! Starting Beams in the midfield is a joke! Goodluck!

chaosAD what was your rank last year? I don't see an issue in starting beams in the mids. He is my only DPP link at present. he will not be in the midfield forever, he will be moved forward. hope your looking forward to a large slice of humble pie when beams dominates!

dubizzy