Trent Mkenzie and Dan Rich CW

Daniel Rich    
#10   Brisbane Lions
Height: 183cm     Weight: 84kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #7 2008 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Brisbane Lions
Supercoach Price: $459,800   
Dreamteam Price: $400,000   

Pick No.7 in the 2008,stepped straight into the squad and had major impact.Some may say he has yet to make the next step.But it was clear to see last year that he had worked on his fitness and was able to get to more contests which was a weakness in 2010.
    His elite kicking is his biggest strength also has a good tackle count for a midfeilder and is able to impact the scoreboard by kicking goals.
    Some say play him at HB or HF but end of the day we need the ball in his hands when we are attacking forward of center the guy is a pure mid so why try to change that.
    Only real weakness is his fitness has been since he arrived at the club. Rich has worked on it each offseason and should really start racking up the numbers in 2012....Rich is my smokey for the B&F this season and the rest of the football world will be again kicking themselves that they let this kid slide in 2008.
    Walk-in starter barring injury or a huge drop in form will play every game.My only problem with him I would like to see him become a little more vocal as has been talked up as future member of leadership group.

DISCUSSION:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45323.0.html

Season 2011 Totals/Averages

GM    K    HB    D    M    G    B    T    HO    GA    GC    I50    FF    FA    DT *        SC *
Total    16    198    109    307    42    14    12    76    2    7    21    72    14    20    1,294    1,357
Average    16    12.4    6.8    19.2    2.6    0.9    0.8    4.8    0.1    0.4    1.3    4.5    0.9    1.2    80.9          84.8

Past Dream Team Average Scores

Year    Games    Average
2009    22    77.1
2010    22    75.3
2011    16    80.9

2011 DT Wrap - only 16 games, up and down like a yoyo - 3 tons, 2 at 120+. capable player, not a prolific ball winner averaging under 20 possesions a game but tackles well and often.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-midfielder-daniel-rich-ready-for-a-big-season-in-2012/story-e6frf9jf-1226226123249

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=127372

Premium Player Rating (MID) 8.5/10 - Rich is a great talent, taking a while to develop, fitter and leaner this preseason as pictures, and they all say thats what rich needed to lift to elite status. Risky pick but not a big risk, he looks the goods he has the skills and he has the right players around him. The problem is he is VERY efficient and uses the ball VERY well, so he cops the tag ahead of rocky and probably even redden, if he gets better he gets tagged more. Think he will be better this season maybe a lot better, but he will also get more attention as a result.

elephants

Colliwobblers

Quote from: elephants on February 12, 2012, 11:47:38 PM
Come home Daniel. Come home to the EAGLES!!

LOL LE your always sharp and good for a chuckle glad your around, Rich is good Value at $400K yeah. He looks lost in the photo too, but theres no room in your midfield for him... is there :)

elephants

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 12, 2012, 11:51:29 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 12, 2012, 11:47:38 PM
Come home Daniel. Come home to the EAGLES!!

LOL LE your always sharp and good for a chuckle glad your around, Rich is good Value at $400K yeah. He looks lost in the photo too, but theres no room in your midfield for him... is there :)
Cheers mate :)
With Bradd Dalziell seemingly out of contention you never know ;) Kerry isn't getting younger ;D

mezzoculo

Thanks for the info on Jai Sheahan, Colli.

Still a bit of a mystery though  :-\

Also, interesting that a 19 yo (IMO not really mature at that age) rookie is priced that high considering other rookies (e.g. Gibson, Lee, Bell, Magnar etc) are at base price. Must be because he was Pick 6?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 13, 2012, 12:55:36 PM
Thanks for the info ion Jai Sheahan, Colli.

Also, interesting that a 19 yo (IMO not really mature at that age) rookie is priced that high considering other rookies (e.g. Gibson, Lee, Bell, Magnar etc) are at base price. Must be because he was Pick 6?

i dont think so because it was rookie draft not afl draft, usually I THINK only the afl draft high picks are expensive not the high rookie draft picks, but VS that runs it all is making changes like porps and clark to pricing against the stansard rules to even the comp and make it more reflective of the player ability maybe this guy is that but i think even tho only 19 the price rise is due to being older than every otehr standard rook, even tho not as old as some.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 13, 2012, 02:59:57 PM
Quote from: mezzoculo on February 13, 2012, 12:55:36 PM
Thanks for the info ion Jai Sheahan, Colli.

i dont think so because it was rookie draft not afl draft, usually I THINK only the afl draft high picks are expensive not the high rookie draft picks, but VS that runs it all is making changes like porps and clark to pricing against the stansard rules to even the comp and make it more reflective of the player ability maybe this guy is that but i think even tho only 19 the price rise is due to being older than every otehr standard rook, even tho not as old as some.

After doing a little research, can I respectfully disagree?
Rookie draft selections:
Pick / Club / Player / Age / DT Price
1 / GWS / Sam Frost / 18 / $121,800
2 / GCS / Kyal Horsley / 24 / $119,800
3 / PTA / Darren Pfeiffer / 24 / $117,800
4 / BRL / Justin Clarke / 18 / $115,800
5 / ADE / Rory Laird / 18 / $113,800
6 / MEL / Jai Sheehan / 19 / $111,800
7 / RIC / Addam Maric / 21 / $303,900*
8 / FRE / Lee Spurr / 24 / $107,800
9 / WBD / Ling Jong / 19 / $105,800
10 / NTH / Max Warren / 19 / $103,800
11 / ESS / Lachlan Dalgleish / 18 / 101,800
12 / STK / Sam Dunell / 21 / $99,800
etc etc
* denotes played AFL in 2011

Colliwobblers

Your always respectful and you can definately disagree, I didn't know I was just guessing. Hence my language " i don't think so" and "usually I think".

So looks like you were spot on you do cop a higher price for being a high rookie pick also. I had overlooked that because you generally only really pay attention to those high draft picks that really cost you ala tyson patton wingard ect.

But yeah your right, i should have known because ive done research on horsley and pfeiffer and they were rookies and dearer but both older also i think.

Anyway it appears you are right, not sure if it is a hard and fast rule written anywhere but seems there is a pattern there you have discovered.

Those top 3 rookies in particular is they play i rate them through the roof too imo and this fellow of yours at #6 looks great too, just worried about how he can get promoted short of grimes breaking himslef again  ::)

mezzoculo

All good, Colli  ;D

It's interesting that we've heard bugger all about Sheahan considering his high position in the Rookie draft PLUS the fact he was expected to be selected in the National Draft.

Of the 'expensive' rookies, I'm most excited about Horsley (as a replacement for Harris) and Pfeiffer (to improve Port's substandard midfield). They'd have to be close to certainties for elevation to the primary list and should have great JS if they can maintain the form that got them drafted this year.

Also, interesting little quirk that the prices of these rookies all end in 800.

rebird

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 13, 2012, 03:55:48 PM
All good, Colli  ;D

It's interesting that we've heard bugger all about Sheahan considering his high position in the Rookie draft PLUS the fact he was expected to be selected in the National Draft.

Of the 'expensive' rookies, I'm most excited about Horsley (as a replacement for Harris) and Pfeiffer (to improve Port's substandard midfield). They'd have to be close to certainties for elevation to the primary list and should have great JS if they can maintain the form that got them drafted this year.

Also, interesting little quirk that the prices of these rookies all end in 800.

Pfeiffer has been elevated - LTI list.

mezzoculo

Pfeiffer has been elevated - LTI list.

Are you sure, rebird? I couldn't find confirmation on the PAFC website.

Only this (from Hitchcock article):
"A decision on the permanent elevation will probably be made in late March, with the club also set to wait until the lead-up to Round 1 (1 April) to confirm any cover for Hitchcock’s absence."

Colliwobblers

i havent hear confirmation yet either but i have him in my FWD line love that video of him. Looks like a machine not elite but will will acumulate and tackle and rack up possies i reckon, efficient enough looking boot on him too.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 13, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
i havent hear confirmation yet either but i have him in my FWD line love that video of him. Looks like a machine not elite but will will acumulate and tackle and rack up possies i reckon, efficient enough looking boot on him too.

+1. He was a good enough player at Carlton, just got injured and couldn't get his mojo going again.

FYI Pfeiffer will line up in the back half this season according to Port's defensive coach.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 13, 2012, 05:15:48 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 13, 2012, 05:13:41 PM

+1. He was a good enough player at Carlton, just got injured and couldn't get his mojo going again.

FYI Pfeiffer will line up in the back half this season according to Port's defensive coach.

thanks mezzoculo you know your stuff, reckon he will run off half back nicely and keep running through the middle more often than not  :o

elephants

hahah okay so Pfeiffer is a fwd/mid playing in the half backline?? Sweet. I think I'll be looking to squeeze him in then ;D