Hire a DT Detective - Player Research By Request Ongoing

Started by Colliwobblers, January 05, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

champion cheers m8 youve sold me on everyone i asked for haha now the delimma how do i fit them in!!
and ill be giving you +'s as soon as monty replies and fixes it 4 me
great work but ay ill b having a strong backline!!

AndrewY

Hey again Collywobbler...any insight into Nathan Brown? I see Buckley mentioned he is back training.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: AndrewY on January 13, 2012, 02:48:46 PM
Hey again Collywobbler...any insight into Nathan Brown? I see Buckley mentioned he is back training.

Nathan Brown (COL) DEF $120,200
#16   Collingwood Magpies
Height: 195cm     Weight: 101kg     Position: Defender
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #10 2006 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Collingwood Magpies

DISCUSSION:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45482.0.html

The Player: A study full back in the Simon Prestigiacomo mould - not a high possession winner but rarely gives his opponent any room to move. Has subdued several big name opponents including Pavlich, Brown and Podsiadly, but is best known for his two-week tussle with Nick Riewoldt in the 2010 Grand Finals when he was one of Collingwood's best. Will be looking to form a strong partnership with Chris Tarrant and Ben Reid, and along with Reid represents the Magpies defensive spine for the coming decade.

Sidelined for the entire year due to a serious knee injury in the pre-season. Raised hopes of a late-season return when he progressed ahead of schedule, but cracked his patella during a mid-season training camp in Arizona. As a result, he missed the return trip over the 2011/2012 pre-season, but is set to resume full training in December.

Sat out the first four rounds before getting a call up for Anzac Day. Missed eight games in succession between rounds 10 and 17, but returned in round 18 and only missed one more game for the rest of the year. Was omitted for the drawn Grand Final but was given a final-hour reprieve when Prestigiacomo famously withdrew himself from the team due to injury.

Brown played the match of his life against St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt, restricting him to two goals and in the process earning himself selection for the replay. Seven days later, Brown repeated the dose, this time rendering Riewoldt goalless in only his fiftieth game. Named as an emergency for three matches.

A patchy year, playing the first 11 matches without a miss but then playing only three more for the remainder of the season (and none after round 16) due to form and knee problems. The return of Prestigiacomo also made chances in defence hard to come by. Played eight VFL games, including the three finals.

Earmarked to help rejuvenate the backline following the retirement of James Clement. With Simon Prestigiacomo out for all bar two games through injury, Brown learnt his craft playing alongside Shane Wakelin at full back. He debuted in round one against Fremantle at the MCG and held Matthew Pavlich to one goal.

Matched up against Jonathan Brown the next week and restricted him to two goals, and was now beginning to earn a reputation among the wider football public. Although never a high possession winner, Brown did not miss a match and held the fort at full back admirably.

Earned a Rising Star nomination in round 10 following the 100 point thumping of West Coast. Won the Harry Collier Medal as Best First Year Player.

Developed quietly with Williamstown in the VFL, playing mostly as a defender. Played 19 senior games for the Seagulls (including two finals) and one in the reserves.

The former basketballer played for the North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup 18s, and received plaudits for his performances at centre half back when playing for Vic Country at the U16 National Championships. A Carlton supporter, Brown was drafted to Collingwood with selection 10 in the National Draft.

Draft History:
2006 AFL Draft 1st round selection (Collingwood) No. 10 overall

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1803

Ok so that's all the information on Brown that I can be bothered finding. Being a pies fan, Brown is a star, being a DT player he is about as attractive a pick as Chris Tarrant, also a star.

Rookie Priced Player Rating. (DEF) 4/10. Great value for such a capable player, I f you were to pick him to win you games by containing opposition forwards he would be a sure thing, but since we would be picking him to score us DT points he cannot be considered. A KPP, kep poition defender he will not score anywhere near as well as the cheapest most inexperienced rookie who plays a half back role. Do not pick him, or ANY full back. your defenders all need to be the running rebounding high possesion types pretty much the same as your forwards (except buddy)

Discussion: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45482.0.html

thefuzz

could you find some info on Alex sexton (gold coast) for me? why is there very little chatter about him? he seems a quality player.

mdub

Doin a bloody good job CW, just after a post about steven clifton

cheers

Colliwobblers

Thanks guys, bear with me I will take a day or two to get these done but keep the requests coming I will be backmon deck Sunday night and get all done.

boschie12

brad green, melbourne, will he get more time in the midfield now that mitch clark arrived. will he take t.scully postion.

Ziplock

that's an interesting one....

maybe cw could just do an 'effect of mitch clark' in general... I've already got my opinions on this, but I'd be interested to see what he comes up with :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 14, 2012, 04:14:50 PM

maybe cw could just do an 'effect of mitch clark' in general... I've already got my opinions on this, but I'd be interested to see what he comes up with :P

That's what I'll do as well as highlight mr green for you but I would appreciate your feedback and corrections where possible Zip. Home tomorrow night and back into it on the iPad while I'm away and it's too hard to mess around with multiple page open copying links Ect.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: thefuzz on January 13, 2012, 09:22:42 PM
could you find some info on Alex sexton (gold coast) for me? why is there very little chatter about him? he seems a quality player.

Alex Sexton (GCS) MID/FWD $98700
Birthdate:    3 Dec 1993
Height:    185cm
Weight:    71kg
Recruited:    Redland
State:    QLD

DISCUSSION:   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48995.0.html

One of the most promising young players in the country, Alex Sexton was pre-listed with the GC SUNS prior to the 2011 AFL Draft.

A member of the AFL/AIS Academy, Sexton was a supplementary list player at Redland and a GC SUNS reserves top-up player in 2011 and was the first player nominated for the NAB NEAFL Rising Star Awardfrom the SUNS camp.

The talented youngster toured Europe with the AIS/AFL Academy squad earlier this year.

Sexton, won the Alan McLean Medal as the division two Best & Fairest and the Queensland MVP at the 2010 NAB Australian U16 Championships and in 2011 was a Queensland Under 18 representative.

GC SUNS List Manager, Scott Clayton said Sexton had performed extremely well in both the Under 16 and 18 championships in recent years as well as excelling during his time with the SUNS.

Alex Sexton set to join Gold Coast Suns - Nick Smart   |  August 23rd, 2011

THEIR draft concessions may have dried up but the Gold Coast Suns' monopoly on Australia's best young talent shows no sign of slowing down.

Already home to the best young players in the country, the crafty Suns have drained the national talent pool even further with the signing of a teenager who was strongly tipped to have been taken in the first round of this year's AFL National Draft.

While not yet confirmed, the Gold Coast Bulletin can exclusively reveal the Suns have signed Brisbane youngster Alex Sexton, who was an AIS-AFL Academy member this year, as a zone selection on a three-year deal.

AFL national talent manager Kevin Sheehan said Sexton would have given the top 10 of this year's draft a shake had the Suns not pounced on him.

"He was a real standout in last year's under-16 championships for Queensland," Sheehan said.

"He has great football nous, reads the game so well and has that ability to win the footy in the middle and up forward.

"I find he also kicks the important goals and rises to the occasion when needed.

"I'd call him a natural ... he's a very highly rated young player."

Already blessed with an embarrassing array of young talent, the signing of Sexton is a big boost for the Suns, especially given they will also have pick No.6 in this year's draft.

It is sure to send a shiver through opposition clubs to know the Suns will add two more first-round players to their list this year after snapping up eight of the most highly regarded juniors in last year's bonanza.

Sexton, who moved from Melbourne to Brisbane three years ago, won the Alan McLean Medal for the best and fairest player in division two at the Australian under-16 championships in Sydney last year.

He was also judged the Most Valuable Player in the Queensland Young Scorpions.

A midfielder who is also very handy up forward, the 185cm Sexton played with Springwood when he moved to Queensland before joining Redland in the NEAFL this year.

The Suns have also used him sporadically as a top-up player in their seconds side this year, most recently just last Saturday against the GWS Giants at Metricon Stadium.

His first Suns reserves appearance against Southport in June saw him named fourth best in a side that included 21 AFL-listed players, including nine who at that point had already played at the elite level.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815975

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/08/23/343181_gold-coast-lead-story.html

http://velocitysports.com.au/default.asp?PageID=1819

Rookie Player Rating (9/10) FWD/MID - Out and out superstar in the making, the kid will play, can play, just -1 point of his rating for no way of knowing at this stage WHEN he will play. As far as his footy ability and future is concerned its huge.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: mdub on January 13, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
Doin a bloody good job CW, just after a post about steven clifton

cheers

Stephen Clifton (GWS) MID $121,800
Last played for GWS Giants in 2011
Born: May 27, 1987   
Playing Height: 184cm     Playing Weight: 89kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #1 2010 Rookie Draft
Last Drafted By: GWS Giants

Discussion:   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45520.0.html

Steve Clifton is an inside midfielder. He is a three-time premiership player at VFL level with the North Ballarat Roosters and in 2010 Steve was awarded the VFL best and fairest (JJ Liston Trophy) and North Ballarat’s best and fairest award.
GWS GIANTS selected Steve with pick number one in the 2010 AFL Rookie Draft.

Summer superstar
Israel Folau is the obvious Giant who has had to put in some enormous work to re-shape his body from rugby league international to AFL player. Young forward Jeremy Cameron has added bulk to his frame and Steve Clifton has impressed with his fitness and running ability. Tom Scully has been told to pull back on his training, such has been his intent, while Phil Davis has also been singled out as he shows great progress returning from shoulder surgery.

GWS coach Kevin Sheedy says Ballarat’s Steve Clifton will play AFL next year.
Sheedy told The Courier that the North Ballarat Roosters premiership midfielder had worked hard to improve his game the past year on the Greater Western Sydney list. And Clifton had the drive to take his game to AFL level.

“Steve Clifton’s been very good for our club â€" he’s got great leadership qualities, a heart of gold and, importantly, he’s determined to see if he’s good enough to make it,” Sheedy said.

“As a new club, we’ve got to get everything right from our football attitude to the people trying to get us there. We might get some brilliant players in the first year, we might get some superstars, and we might just get some good footballers but the main thing is that we want everyone trying their best.”

Clifton was elevated to the Giants’ senior roster last week after a year on the club’s rookie list as the club prepares to launch into the AFL.

He joined the Giants last December as the number one pick in the AFL rookie draft.

Sheedy said the Giants had a lot of thank you messages to make about Ballarat’s football development ranks.

The AFL legend was in town as guest speaker at Ballarat Grammar’s Sport by Wendouree gala dinner on Saturday night.

The Giants’ list also includes Jeremy Cameron, from Dartmoor in the Western District, and Kurt Aylett, from Leeton in southern New South Wales, who were both recruited via North Ballarat Rebels. Sheedy said Cameron would have been a likely top-five draft pick this year had the Giants not signed him first.

The young forward has already started to attract attention for the Giants in the North East Australian Football League and is tipped to make his AFL debut early in the season.

Aylett, 19, had a full knee reconstruction in August and is on a four-year deal with the Giants. Sheedy said the hometown of all three players highlighted how GWS was very much an Australian side, drawing on players from across the nation.

The introduction of two new AFL teams, in Gold Coast and GWS, creates about 800 contracted players on AFL lists which Sheedy said was an impressive figure for a nation with the population of Australia.

Sheedy and his team have scoured the continent to give the Giants every possible chance of finding the right players.

And he is paying close attention to Ballarat.

There is one Ballarat legend Sheedy would particularly love on his team but who has eluded him so far. An AFL premiership player and champion residing deep in the Great Southern Highlands of New South Wales.

“Tony ‘Plugger’ Lockett,” Sheedy said.

“He’s an absolute superstar and he would be a fantastic person to work with our young players.”

GWS makes its AFL debut against Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium on March 24 and the Giants will play their first home game at their newly developed Skoda Stadium against Essendon on May 26.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Stephen&surname=Clifton

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182438

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/60-second-hot-seat-stephen-clifton.html&item_id=&album=gallery

Rookie PLayer Rating (9.5/10) MID - absolute gun, more mature and afl ready than most rooks he has been toted as a gun, had his coach at GWS say he will play senior footy this year and his records are spectacular at the lower levels, not to mention being taken at #1 in last years rookie draft he is a great choive for a mid rookie for you, that ever infuriating dt questions remains, when will he play? but at least with Clifton we KNOW he will play, fittest two or 3 at the club pending injury he is a lock ahead of round 1.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 14, 2012, 04:14:50 PM

Man I paid particular interest to this because i have a soft spot for the Dee's and I had really hoped they would pick thier act up last season, now they lose the midfielder they put so much into, but gain a KPP forward who seems to be growing into the position after starring as a ruck / half back.

I think it will certainly give the dee's midfield and half back line a target up forward a genuine one, create a competion and allow the many smaller forwards of the dee's to crumb.

It will befefit green without a doubt though not in a huge way some might think, it is more likely to really help out the likes of watts and jurrah.

Other than the obvious benefit an only KPP forward will bring, it is a big score in terms of kudos for the dees heirachy and the morale of the club and playing group in general, I think it will go some way towards reversing the damage done by the runnaway youngster up at GWS.

Please Please give me the real take you have Zip as you no doubt know more of the detailed changes and structures that will change due to him coming in, and how that will effect several players we are all seriously looking at which might be swayed to take if Clark is set to have a significant impact possitively on thier game, maybe also add the vacancy opened up by scully. Roll it all into one, and let us have it.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: boschie12 on January 14, 2012, 03:30:36 PM
brad green, melbourne, will he get more time in the midfield now that mitch clark arrived. will he take t.scully postion.

18 Brad Green (MEL) FWD $383900
Height    184cm
Weight    83kg
DOB    13-03-1981
Debut    2000 - Rd 2

DISCUSSION:   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48129.0/topicseen.html

2011            Games        21         Goals  37    
Career                      241            331
Dreamteam Points
2011    1632

Ok so we all know who Brad Green is, saw him start slow last season and finish marginally better.

I really can't comment at this early stage as to whether he will play in the midfield, See having a tall forward still requires a green type player to crumb him, especially when he is the only tall forward (really) so will get a lot of attention in teh contest and often as strong as clarke is over his head the best he can hope for is to bring the ball to ground, enter green, watts, jurrah???

What it will do for green is prevent him from having to play full forward. Last year quite ofter we saw Green in the goal square out market or the ball falling short of him or triple teamed and just outclassed by key defenders, basically due to playing a role he is not made for and shouldnt have to, clarke releases him from that role.

As for Scully I do not think Green is the man for that job, not sure (can't be sure how they will work it) but I see some young blood going into the centre permanebtly, and Green playing a mid/fwd role, which means green will get more mid time, but he will not in mind be a straight midfielder as scully is.

Green can find the goals and direct the troups and while not a FF he can still be a target in the forward line as the ball goes forward.

I have attached some links for his stats and profile but I won't go into any more detail than that because as I said we all know who he is and what he is capable of.

Premium PLayer Rating (FWD) 7.5/10 - this is a harch mark for Green but it is hard to know how fit he will be what form he will be in and what role most importantly he will play. I am sure he will improve on last seasons average of 72? to 80+ but I feel at his price and given other available players for a bit less and a bit more he is a risky proposition.

Again I like to think i get most of my info right on my research because i research and I base it on facts. However I have not more than read a few articles on the Dee's joy to have Clark, I cannot and do not claim to know how exactly he will be used (assume FF- maybe a stop gap in the ruck if needed) and more importantly for the big picture on the Dee's I do not know how the team and it's players will "shift" around the exit of scully and the entrance of clark, but I am looking forward to finding out in a months time :)

JackBeQuick

Any chance of some info on Howard (WB)?
Have not found a whole lot of info on him in 2012 preseason

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JackBeQuick on January 16, 2012, 01:23:15 AM
Any chance of some info on Howard (WB)?
Have not found a whole lot of info on him in 2012 preseason

30 Christian Howard (WB) DEF $152,400
Height    184cm
Weight    81kg
DOB    19-03-1991
Debut    2011
Games    Goals
2011    6    2011    1
Career    6    Career    1
Dreamteam Points
2011    305

DISCUSSION:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46426.0.html

Christian Howard got his first taste of senior football in round 10 of 2011. A beautiful user of the ball, the Club expects Howard to play a vital role in the Club’s midfield for years to come.

Gleeson, himself, suggested 2009 first-round draft pick Christian Howard was "a beautiful kick and not slow" so would be given more opportunities in 2012 to provide the silk the Dogs are lacking.

Draft history: 2009 NAB AFL Draft 1st round selection (Western Bulldogs) No. 15 overall.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/playerprofile/christianhoward/tabid/9150/playerid/21632/category/senior/season/2011/selected/bio/default.aspx

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-western-bulldogs--christian-howard

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gallery-e6frf9o6-1226181470236?page=1

OK so there is a fair bit of other information out htere on this bloke, but the fact is he is 21-22 years old i cant remember, was a VERY high draft pick in 2009, #15 overall, he only played 6 games last season and was criticized as being slow and not up to afl standards.

The doggies think otherwise, he has a great kick and silky skills, albeit i think to fair potential silky skills is closer to the truth, not sure what the coaching changes will mean for him but he was supposed to be getting more tog in 2012 and is being looked to as a part of the midfield the doggies desperately need.

Listed as a DEF is the big plus as he is actually a midfielded and the club seems to plan to use him as such, meaning for a straight DEF he should score better than most.

Mid Priced player rating 8/10 (DEF) High draft pick, 2nd year, obviously skilled player, will need to look to nab cup to see if he plays, where he plays and look and listen to see if he makes up a part of the doggies best 22 from round 1. Too much uncertainty at the moment and not exactly cheap at his price, if he was a rookie, 9/10 and jump on him. but he is not. Touted to take the role of Gilbee as the doggies #1 playmaker out of defence, BOOM or BUST, expecting a breakout season if he is given the opportunity. Colliwobblers 2012 smokie defender IMO. Locked and loaded.