G'day CW ... Curtly Hampton - GWS.  cheers

Curtly Hampton (GWS) (FWD/MID) $104200
Position:    Midfielder
Team:    Western Sydney
Number:    2
Birthdate:    10 Mar 1993
Height:    186cm
Weight:    86kg

Curtly Hampton was one of the first players signed by the GWS franchise and is an athletic forward/midfielder from Alice Springs who first represented NT at the 2008 NAB AFL Under‐16 Championships as a 14‐year‐old, displaying exceptional skill, poise, agility, and explosive speed.
He was an AIS‐AFL Academy member for consecutive years (2008/9) and spent 12 months boarding at Adelaide's Immanuel College.
In 2008 he played two matches at the NAB Under‐18 Championships despite just turning 15 years of age, followed by three matches at the NAB Under‐16 Championships where his scoreboard impact of 121 points ranked second overall.
Hampton had surgery after chipping a bone in his foot, however again played Under‐16 Championships in 2009 as Northern Territory's Captain, averaging 17 disposals and an elite four marks per match. He was also named Captain of Northern Territory at the 2010 NAB Under‐18 Championships yet did not play due to osteitis pubis.

So, let Front and Square be the first to present to the AFL public, injury permitting, your 2012 Greater Western Sydney Giants.
B: Tim Golds, Phil Davis, Luke Power
HB: Matthew Buntine, Setanta O'hAilpin, Sam Reid
C: Stephen Coniglio,  Tom Scully, Adam Treloar
HF: Chad Cornes, Jonathon Patton, Jeremy Cameron
F: Curtley Hampton, Israel Folau, Devon Smith
Foll: Dean Brogan, Callan Ward, Rhys Palmer
Inter: Dylan Shiel, Adam Tomlinson, Jonathon Giles, James McDonald

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Curtly&surname=Hampton

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/boy-oh-boy-oh-boy/story-e6frexni-1225873747459

Rookie Player Rating 9/10 - touted as a favourite of sheeds, rated highly by goodes, afl ready body, gun player. end of story, being one of the first 3 recruits on the GWS list you would think he will play straight up. Well spotted i hadnt considered this guy but i have a feeling afte nab cup many will be considering him.

nichsa673

Like the look of him, I think it's out of him and Treloar for a forward bench spot. Just looking at the 22, don't think Steanta will be playing CHB, Tim Mohr would be there, and I thinl Patton will miss the majority of the season.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 10, 2012, 11:51:41 PM
Like the look of him, I think it's out of him and Treloar for a forward bench spot. Just looking at the 22, don't think Steanta will be playing CHB, Tim Mohr would be there, and I thinl Patton will miss the majority of the season.

YEah patton is goneski and you can bet that team will change like ours :) by the end of nab cup

Football Factory

Thank's CW ..He would have been a top 10 draft pick apparently. He reminds me of Harley Bennell.  8)

Football Factory

Im back lol...any chance you could do Sam Kerridge i see him in alot of teams but i know nothing about him one of those guys that slips under my radar maybe. Thank's CW

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2012, 02:02:29 PM
Im back lol...any chance you could do Sam Kerridge i see him in alot of teams but i know nothing about him one of those guys that slips under my radar maybe. Thank's CW

Sam Kerridge (ADE) FWD $98700
#0   Adelaide Crows
Height: 188cm     Weight: 86kg     Position:
Last Drafted: Priority Pick #27 2011 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Adelaide Crows

Part of the 13th intake into the AIS/AFL Academy. He played for Vic Country at the NAB AFL U18 Championships this year. He is strong one-on-one. He had an outstanding Draft Combine, running 2.97 seconds for the 20m sprint and 15.5 in the beep test.

The Crows' first selection, former Bendigo Bomber Sam Kerridge, impressed considerably on his first day at the club when he ran further than any other player had this pre-season in a five-minute running test.

http://video.couriermail.com.au/2164191334/2011-draft-pick-Sam-Kerridge

Months of adversity harden Kerridge's resolve to reach top flight
    by: Jay Clark
    November 06, 2011 12:00AM

EVEN when the weeks began to turn into months on the sidelines, Sam Kerridge showed that his football fortitude was unbreakable.
The hardened inside midfielder was dealt a nightmare blow last season when a nasty case of osteitis pubis outed him for all except four TAC Cup games.
He had moved from Mildura to Bendigo as a 16-year-old to play footy, but spent most of last year in the rehab room.
But there is good reason why Bendigo Pioneers officials liken his determination to the Selwoods, a revered name in club history.
After a torturous summer reconditioning his body, the powerful onballer this year completed one of the most spirited comebacks of the TAC Cup season when his strong finish to the year shored up his position as likely second or third round pick in this month's draft.
He said the injury tested every fibre of his AFL dream, but he was glad the time out only steeled his resolve to make it.

Rookie Player Rating 8/10 Based on being the Crows first pick, impressing during pre-season, and being fairly close to AFL ready, as you see in the video he is a mature kid and has a strong game, Only if is if he gets games early how much TOG and where he fits into the Crows lineup and how he is used.

Football Factory

picker_man

gday cw love reading your work daily, I guess this question involves research :-\ so ill ask it here, who would you go out of morris or ellis in backs, dont wont both cause way to many tigers otherwise or it could just come down to nab cup?? and is having adcock and hanley in backline to many lions and to risky??
current team:

TEAM NAME: playn d cards ur dealt
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, S. Morris, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, A. Miles, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, J. Cameron, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $7,700
And i know alot to ask but if you have a chance something on marty clarke and beau wilkes would be great if i havent missed you doing it already cheers m8

Colliwobblers

Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2012, 07:19:57 PM
gday cw love reading your work daily, I guess this question involves research :-\ so ill ask it here, who would you go out of morris or ellis in backs, dont wont both cause way to many tigers otherwise or it could just come down to nab cup?? and is having adcock and hanley in backline to many lions and to risky??
current team:

TEAM NAME: playn d cards ur dealt
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, S. Morris, B. Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, A. Miles, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, J. Cameron, A. Treloar (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $7,700
And i know alot to ask but if you have a chance something on marty clarke and beau wilkes would be great if i havent missed you doing it already cheers m8

Thanks picker_man,

First the below links give some information and discussion on the two tiger rooks, if you want them done in depth still let me know is no problem at all. But as I say the best starting place is where these guys have done all the work in player frofiles thread.

You really need to and this is the case with all rooks, watch them in nab cup to see if they are reasy to play, what role they will play, then wait for teams and if they are in round 1 thats a great way to choose.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45525.0.html

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45660.0.html

As for Adcock and Hanley, that comes down to a couple of points.

Adcok - must not be a lock down or key (this won't ever happen) defender, to be DT relevant he needs to be able to play a rebounding defenders role slipping into the midfield and often. With the lions defence and him healthy he should be worth having and his round 11 bye makes him desirable.

Hanley is an interesting choice and i have not seen him in a team yet, obviously  he is up there on last years average with the top defenders but i wouldn't have considered him ahead of the likes of, scotland(expensive), goddard,delidio,shaw,heppell,broughton(similar to adcock must have the right role), enright,carrots,suckling,birchal, even houli and fischer and butler :)

I might need to do a piece on him to learn why you want him, maybe you know something i don't but without knowing much i would spend more on one of the top 6 defenders.

Give me a couple of hours and I'll have those two guys up for you, i'm looking at both for my defence also.

You didnt ask for a team rating and i'm probably not the best guy to ask but that team looks great exactlly how it is - rookies pending nab cup ect.. I would find room for clarke but thats a really good looking team

picker_man

thanks cw realy appreciate the feedback m8. I reckon again your 100% right the only way anyone will tell is how they line up in the nab cup and no need to waste your time on a question that at the moment is irrevelant as no one can awnser so i do apolagise m8 8)
when it comes to the awnser of adcock vs hanley or both (which iam considering) im a lil unsure why people havent looked into it more and realy appreciate it that you might over the next couple hours :)

I'm a 80% lock on adcock and eagerly await your reaserch :)

In regards to hanley im guessin you dont think he can be 3rd year breakout and smash it in 2012?? He was from my research extremaly high in all aspects of stats for the lions so again would love your point of view on him. In regards to your quote on other players the reason is I wont be tacking scotland, you said it two expensive,  goddard, delidio, shaw, heppel i have, brougton?? dont you think he is riskyer then adcock if not y m8, and enright 2 old hawks players byes, fisher ect way 2 risky. ect butler i read you already did a thread on him his lack of games each season worries me is that something thst worries you two.

Cheers for all your help and apolagies if my post is so long, just exciteded its nearly dt time haha 

Colliwobblers

Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2012, 07:19:57 PM

Marty Clarke (COL) DEF $141,500
Number    9
Height    181cm
Weight    84kg
DOB    13-11-1987
Debut    R12 '07 v Syd @ ANZ

DISCUSSION:   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45481.0.html

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Marty&surname=Clarke

http://www.youtube.com/collingwoodctv#p/u/7/DJscgI3p0NI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Clarke

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/124867/default.aspx

The Player: Possesses remarkable endurance and a damaging left boot that belies his status as a late convert to the game. Has looked most comfortable when playing as a rebounding back flanker, but has the capacity to shut down opposition small forwards. Achieved some remarkable results in 2007 and will look to return to his best this season after two years out of the game.

Continued to play for Down, but after a series of discussions with new Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley, Clarke decided to return to the Magpies for the 2012 season. Talk in the newspapers had Carlton sniffing around in an attempt to list him, but Clarke stayed loyal to Collingwood and was pre-listed and then traded by Greater Western Sydney (along with Jamie Elliott and pick No. 67) for selection No. 25.

Returned to County Down and regained touch halfway through the year after a slow start. His team reached the All-Ireland final with Cork. Down lost by one point.

Began well, with 20 touches and two goals in the round one loss to the Crows at the MCG. Had 26 disposals in the win over Brisbane in round four, but from then on his returns began to diminish and his impact on the game began to fade. His final game for the year was in round 12 against Sydney where he began his career two years prior. He had only seven possessions and was omitted the following week.

He was granted leave to Ireland for a week to celebrate his sister’s wedding. Although he battled hard in the VFL, and was named as an emergency in four matches, Clarke decided to quit the club and return to Ireland for 2010.

Made a slow start to his second season. Found only eight possessions in round one meaning he was confined to the VFL for the next fortnight. Steadily found form and by mid-year was playing consistent football.

His season highlight was his performance against Geelong in round nine, when he gathered 28 possessions, laid three tackles and kicked a long goal on the run to break Geelong’s spirits. Was regularly winning over 20 disposals as he ran into September and produced on the big stage, gathering 20 possessions and goaling in the come-from-behind win over Adelaide in the elimination final. Hit the scoreboard again but was quieter against St Kilda seven days later.

Having never played Australian Football, Clarke was expected to make slow progress in his first season. Instead, he blew all expectations out of the water with a superb debut season that shocked the competition.

He made steady progress for Williamstown in the VFL playing in the back pocket, prompting a promotion to the senior team for the trip to Sydney in round 12. He again surprised, winning 20 disposals in defence and laying four tackles. He proved it was no fluke against Hawthorn at a packed Docklands Stadium the following week when he had 19 possessions and kicked three goals in a pressure-cooker atmosphere.

He earned an AFL Rising Star nomination for his work, and continued to make progress as the year progressed playing mainly at half back and occasionally in the centre. Clarke excelled in September, contributing to wins over Sydney and West Coast before being named as one of the best on the ground in the unforgettable preliminary final loss to Geelong (21 disposals, four marks).

He had entrenched himself in the senior side by year’s end, with his long left foot and ability to break the lines when running from defence meaning that he represented a unique prospect at only 19 years of age.

Trialled with Collingwood late in the season, blowing the coaching staff away with his fitness and dedication. His work prompted assistant coach Guy McKenna to label him ‘the Irish Nathan Buckley’. The 19-year-old Clarke agreed to sign with the Pies, and was drafted to Collingwood with selection No. 40 in the Rookie Draft.

Draft History:
2006 AFL Rookie Draft 3rd round selection (Collingwood) No. 40 overall; 2007 rookie elevation (Collingwood);
2009 retired;
2011 AFL Draft traded by Greater Western Sydney (with Jamie Elliott and pick 67) for pick 25.

Sorry lot of info there check the highlights on the pies utube channel, they boy has skills and WILL PLAY.

Rookie Priced Player Rating 9.5/10 (DEF) Not a rookie at all, yeah a couple of years out of the game but has being playing gaelic footy in Ireland and has or will have put in a full pre-season, pies paid a lot to get him back so I can't see him sitting around decorating the pine. A must have.

Colliwobblers

No worries M8, I enjoy looking into players and I am far from an expert on who should make up your backline, but of everything you said its all right I meant the comments on possibly better defenders in relation to Hanley not Adock, and yeah i'm ignorant of hanley, I need to look into him befoe i could suggest going him or not going him. Thats why the comments on all the other players i mean "without looking into hanley and learning more, i had not rated him or even considered him ahead of any of the other players" This is why i like doing this because I am the one doing most of teh learning. Adcok should almost be a lock for his bye and for his "potential" just his role and the health of his teammates and the set up going into the season that needs to be looked at.

picker_man

thats an awesome wright up thanks heaps i will now be re jigging my team to get him in, cause hey as you said "he is the next nathan buckley" awesome.
thanks cw or maybe not now my team will change again haha. nah thanks m8 LOCK.

Colliwobblers

Beau Wilkes (STK) DEF $98700
#42   St Kilda Saints
Height: 194cm     Weight: 96kg     Position: Defender
Last Drafted: Round 4, Pick #68 2011 National Draft
Last Drafted By: St Kilda Saints

DISCUSSION:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45495.msg610451.html#msg610451

Wilkes was rookie listed by the Eagles in 2004, 2006 and for the third time following the 2007 season and finally made his AFL debut in the Eagles' upset victory over Adelaide at Subiaco Oval in Round 9 of the 2008 AFL season. He was delisted at the end of 2010.
In 2011, Wilkes played in Claremont's WAFL premiership side. He kicked five goals and was awarded the Simpson Medal as the best player on the ground

Pick 68: Beau Wilkes, West Coast
Bains: "Beau had a number of years at West Coast and had a stellar season for Claremont as a key back before moving up forward. He has got the maturity and gives us options at either end of the ground. Given his background and body, he can play next year.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-st-kilda-saints--beau-wilkes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/beau-wilkes-the-builder/story-e6frf9jf-1226215659655#

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Beau&surname=Wilkes

"All my energy was sort of going into that and to be honest I never thought about it (AFL) really until it came to the point where I had to nominate for the draft."
Wilkes consulted family and friends before deciding to roll the dice one more time.
"They all said to me, 'You don't want to look back in a few years time and wonder about how you could have had another few years in the AFL'. It was about whether I wanted to test myself and I do."
Wilkes, who grew up in Albany, arrived in the AFL in 2005 when rookie-listed by the Eagles.
He stayed there for the next four years, getting delisted twice only to be put back on a month later.
It wasn't until Round 9, 2008, that Wilkes played his first senior game; the tall defender went on to play 14 that season.
He was finally elevated to the senior list in 2009, but injuries saw him add just nine more games before departing West Coast.
"It was a bit up and down, but the Eagles were always really good the way they went about it," he said.
Wilkes, who had been in the shadow of All-Australian full-back Darren Glass, found himself behind younger key defenders Eric Mackenzie and Will Schofield in the pecking order.
A mid-year switch to the forward line for Claremont produced stunning results, with Wilkes kicking more than 40 goals.
It was this versatility that appealed to new St Kilda coach Scott Watters and resulted in Wilkes' name being read out in last month's national draft.
"I can play at either end. That's what I'm offering and, no matter what, I'll give my all to have an impact in whatever position I'm needed," he said.

Rookie Player Rating 8/10 (DEF) listed as a defender though can obviously find the goals, not sure how the saints will use him but it is pretty clear they WILL use him. The way he finished last season and his afl suitability and readiness makes him a good pick, the uncertainty of when he will start his 2012 season makes it a wait and see scenario.

Colliwobblers