Hire a DT Detective - Player Research By Request Ongoing

Started by Colliwobblers, January 05, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Colliwobblers

Quote from: ossie85 on January 06, 2012, 09:13:56 PM

Great thread CW!

Well Thanks Ossie, taking nothing away from you guys who did all the hard yards looking at players, I'm more trying to give some links and info on who a player is and thier form, I'll leave the real ADVICE to blokes of your DT Level :) would't mind soaking up some of your wisdom before Round 1 thats for sure!

Football Factory

Been thinking about Reece Conca anything on this fellow ? cheers

Football Factory

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2012, 10:12:20 PM
LOL didnt notice the thread on him. Still interested if there's any news on this guy

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2012, 10:23:50 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2012, 10:12:20 PM
LOL didnt notice the thread on him. Still interested if there's any news on this guy

Reece Conca (RIC) DEF $274100
#30   Richmond Tigers
Age: 19yr 4mth    Games: 17     Born: August 12, 1992   
Height: 185cm     Weight: 78kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #6 2010 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Richmond Tigers

DISCUSSION:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45771.0.html

Conca rules
By Tony Greenberg 7:09 AM Sun 01 Jan, 2012
Reece Conca completed an impressive debut season for the Tigers in 2011.
The following article was featured in the 2011 Fighting Tiger Yearbook.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick’s quest to build fervent belief within the Club’s playing group is starting to bear fruit, as the young Tigers progress to the next phase in their exciting football journey.
One of those Tiger cubs - Reece Conca - exemplifies the growing belief among the players at Punt Road.
The Tigers’ No. 1 pick in the 2010 AFL National Draft (No. 6 overall) had a somewhat rocky start to his league career.
After a solid 15-disposal debut performance in the Round 1 loss to Carlton, Conca was handed the tough assignment of curbing the experienced, dangerous St Kilda goal-sneak, Stephen Milne, in the Round 2 clash at the MCG.
Conca tried hard, but the wily, slippery Milne got hold of him, kicking 4.7 in the drawn encounter.
A player of lesser character might have dropped their bundle a bit after that, however, Conca, with the strong backing of his coach, dug deep and proceeded to bounce back in style.
Two weeks after his Milne “mauling”, Conca had 23 touches against reigning premier Collingwood.  That was the start of six successive weeks where he gathered 20 possessions or more in a match, culminating in him receiving a Rising Star nomination following Richmond’s big Round 9 “Dreamtime at the ‘G” victory over Essendon, in front of more than 80,000 fans.
Conca finished that night with the impressive statistics of 14 kicks, nine handballs, eight marks, and was one of the Tigers’ best as they won a thrilling contest by 16 points.
“Obviously, getting a bag kicked on me by ‘Milney’ was devastating,” he said.
“But ‘Dimma’ was great; he’s really good one-on-one, it’s one of his real strengths as a coach.
“I was put into a midfield a bit more after that, where I was a bit more comfortable, and I started to find more of the ball and have more of an impact on games.”
Conca went on to play 17 of Richmond’s first 18 games of the season, before a leg injury sidelined him for the final four home-and-away rounds.
He showed impressive composure and maturity for someone as young and inexperienced, playing at the game’s highest level, and capped off his debut season by winning the Bill Cosgrove-Harry Jenkins award for being the Tigers’ best first year player.
Not surprisingly, the teenager from WAFL club Perth, thoroughly enjoyed his first year at Tigerland . . .
“It has been really good.  It’s a young, exciting group and I feel like I’ve fitted in quite well,” he said.
“There are a lot of players in their first three years at the Club, which makes it a bit easier to get along with the guys.
“It certainly helps to play good footy when you’re with a bunch of guys you get along with . . .

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/01/13/deck-of-dream-team-2012-reece-conca/

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/reece%20conca/tabid/15501/default.aspx

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/reececonca/tabid/8473/playerid/22245/category/senior/season/2011/selected/bio/default.aspx

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pr-richmond-tigers--reece-conca

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2062

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Reece&surname=Conca

Mid Priced Player Ranking 9/10 DEF (strong rating here due to a few reasons 1- super high draft pick 2- showed great potential in a string of games in 2011 from about 4-12, finished the season poorly which affected his average heavily lowering his price significantly making him a very attractive and almost guaranteed cash cow of a mid pricer if he lifts again this season)

Hardest thing with Conca will be getting him into your Defence as a keeper with that round 13 bye, for me he is looking a lot more like a high scoring cash cow than a keeper and if he does that well then i'll worry about it come round 13 but he is close to breaking inot my side a few shocking DT scores last season underrated him and underpriced him, 2nd year rule stands but this guy may step halfway to where we need him to be and if he gets to 70+ there is a 100-150K profit anyway

elephants

Fantastic work Colli. Think ill have Conca in my backline. 80+ isn't out of reach!!

Off Tap

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 05, 2012, 11:24:51 PM
Might seem a bit weird, but Nathan Grima. Injury season last year, but killing pre season and is a good scorer when fit.

What's his role this year? Listed at 192cm so is it likely a shut down role?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Off Tap on January 07, 2012, 09:57:38 AM
Quote from: nichsa673 on January 05, 2012, 11:24:51 PM
Might seem a bit weird, but Nathan Grima. Injury season last year, but killing pre season and is a good scorer when fit.

What's his role this year? Listed at 192cm so is it likely a shut down role?

It's kind of hard to say exactly what tole he will play, however he is a key position defender who has traditionally been uses to shut down opposition gun forwards. He does however accumulate possessions and run out of defence well, uses the ball well and could be a great DT defender ala goddard delidio. He is not the key position player in DT tems you would never consider like Chris Tarrant. great but never going to score over40 DT points.

Grima being as fit as he is wouls be a good pick at his price in defence thats my thoughts. Below his review from the Kanga's and his stats are PRETTY GOOD given the shocking year he had with no pre-season, surgery, vfl time, and a month out with a broken finger.

Nathan Grima
Games: 12
Goals: 0

kangaroos.com.au says:
Going into hospital for back surgery at the beginning of the year didn’t bode well for Grima and understandably, the 26-year old struggled to perform to the high level he set for himself in 2010.

Playing his first game in round two against Collingwood, Grima was solid in defence and showed no signs he’d had no pre-season.

With confidence in his body growing, Grima had another setback after breaking his finger. He spent a month out and returned in round 13 to play Essendon, but three matches later, was sent to the VFL to find some form.

It was a five week hiatus before he again returned to the senior side in round 22 against Fremantle. Despite his turbulent season, he still managed just under 16 possessions per game.

By the numbers
Disposals: 188 (average 15.7)
Kicks: 111 (average 9.3)
Handballs: 77 (average 6.4)
Marks: 50 (average 4.2)

Football Factory

Colliwobblers

Off Tap

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 09, 2012, 02:12:35 AM
No problem, enjoy the research

Cheers mate.

What can you tell me about Jackson Allen from the Suns, his name has appeared a couple of times over the weekend?

Miss Pies

I'm loving how you included the highlights that you are also putting in who they played against as this does reflect how well players go under pressure against the better teams.

Got one for you Tory Dickson

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Off Tap on January 09, 2012, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 09, 2012, 02:12:35 AM
No problem, enjoy the research

Cheers mate.

What can you tell me about Jackson Allen from the Suns, his name has appeared a couple of times over the weekend?

Jackson Allen (SUNS) $98700
#0   Gold Coast Suns
Height: 179cm     Weight: 75kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 7, Pick #91 2011 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Gold Coast Suns

http://cdn2.slatterymedia.com/thumbs/800/2011/07/05/236015.jpg

Through all the hype about Caddy and stuff, it seems we got another young recruit through one of our zone selections. Didn't even hear anything about this until just now, when it was mentioned on the GC website that we picked him up.
Jackson Allen.
Quote:
Another Queenslander has joined an AFL list, with Gold Coast signing talented midfielder Jackson Allen today.

Allen was a shining light in this year's state under-18 team and cut his teeth at the senior level with Morningside in the NEAFL competition.

He trained with Gold Coast in the 2011 pre-season and was used as a top-up player in the reserves before the GC SUNS signed him as a Queensland zone selection.

The 18-year-old said putting pen to paper was a dream come true.

"To be going to the GC SUNS, I'm just rapt about it and can't wait to get down there and stuck into it," Allen said.

One person highly impressed by Allen is AFL national talent manager Kevin Sheehan. After seeing Allen star for the Queensland under-18s against the Northern Territory earlier this year, Sheehan described his kicking as elite and already AFL standard.

Allen's penetrating right boot is a hallmark of his game, and the humble teenager said it was a skill he worked hard on.

"It's [kicking] probably been my number one aspect growing up, something that I really pride myself on, my disposal and efficiency with the football by hand and foot," he said.

Allen is originally from South Australia - where his father Craig played for North Gambier in Mt Gambier - before the family moved to Brisbane when he was in primary school.

He played five seasons at Kenmore before joining neighbouring Western Magpies to play senior football, and then made the cross-town switch to the Panthers.

But it hasn't been all plain sailing, after a dose of osteitis pubis all-but destroyed Allen's 2010.

"Moving across to Morningside this year was probably the most difficult year I've had," he said.

"It was my first full year coming back from an injury. Also juggling between the state program and Morningside football was hard, but the club was really good."

Allen will relocate 70km to live at the Gold Coast, and said although it would be difficult moving from his tight-knit family, said he had a good dress rehearsal when living on the Coast during last pre-season.

Not only has Allen forged his way on to the Suns' list, he has also gone about helping other youngsters realise their playing dreams.

After deferring his university course for 12 months, Allen helped AFLQ's Brisbane West region deliver its successful Auskick program to schools and attend junior competitions to umpire.

This Kid looks the good I must say, great kick of the sherrin already.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=125231

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLFeXCf-5qc

Draftee watch
Queensland zone selections Jackson Allen and Alex Sexton, along with 17-year-old Western Australian Jaeger O'Meara, have been with the club most of its pre-season and flew to Arizona with the main group. The Suns' sole national draft acquisition, Henry Schade, joined in later. The quartet has participated in most of - but not the entire duration of - the main skills sessions, but Gold Coast is more intent on improving their conditioning and football education over the next 12 months.

Rookie Player ranking - (MID) - reckon the kid will be a great player if the dreaded OP stays away from him, not sure how much game time he will se this year, hard to rate not knowing that but on a player alone 7/10. Watch nab cup and listen out for his likel role in the team and liklihood of playing at all this season.

Sorry the suns dont have a profile up on him or the other 2012 recruits yet.... slack imo.

Raiden

Awesome work there ColliWobblers! - When you find time how about Jonathan Giles & Orren Stephenson.