Shane Mumford
Aaron Sandilands
Matthew Leuenberger
Lance Franklin
Adam Goodes
Other

AFL Babble

Chad Wingard

If ever a team needed to play a rookie midfielder to generate a bit of hope and excitement, it's Port Adelaide this year.

Knowall

Quote from: AFL Babble on January 05, 2012, 10:35:48 PM
Chad Wingard

If ever a team needed to play a rookie midfielder to generate a bit of hope and excitement, it's Port Adelaide this year.
hes a gun but I wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt play as much as ppl think.  PA although arent a great team apart from the top 5 or so mid type player the rest of their list is very competitive and close.  Ill be looking very closely on his progress in the Nab cup

Im struggling to decide so ill do it like this
DEF-Goddard
MID-Ablett
FWD- Buddy

all in my eyes head and shoulder over the other options in their positions for SC.

4INAROW

miffysp

Captain GAJ for sure. The only player I m spending over 600k on. Swan n pendels will b upgrade targets

meow meow

Ablett, because he's the best player in the league and has scoring potential that cannot be matched by anyone.

itchytradefinger

Ablett. Slightly underpriced due to his 15 (I think) last season. Even fully priced he'd be my first picked. Every SC team needs the comps best player as its captain. That's Ablett.

Footyrulz

Swanny i reckon. He is quite a bit cheaper than gaz or pendels and should have a big season.

Ringo

Quote from: Knowall on January 05, 2012, 10:40:45 PM
Quote from: AFL Babble on January 05, 2012, 10:35:48 PM

Im struggling to decide so ill do it like this
DEF-Goddard
MID-Ablett
FWD- Buddy

all in my eyes head and shoulder over the other options in their positions for SC.
Can not argue with this and well said, All three should be first selected in their positions.

Patrician

I went Buddy.

With GAj, there are other Mids (e.g. Swan, Pendles) that you could substitute for him.

In the forward line, no one comes close to Buddy. He also doesn't have the age worries of Cox or Stevie J.

About the only issue you have with him is suspention.

Bazinga

Swanny for me. He tore it up after his mid-season trip to Arizona lasy year and I think he is destined for his best season so far.

batt

Quote from: miffysp on January 05, 2012, 10:58:34 PM
Captain GAJ for sure. The only player I m spending over 600k on. Swan n pendels will b upgrade targets
^this

Although I reckon BJ and Lids a locks in the back.

nichsa673

This is Gazza's first proper preseason in 2 seasons, and we know what he does without them, so imagine him with a preseason. Wouldnt be suprised if he averaged his 2009 form.

Kuruki

J Giles. He is a rookie who is locked as the one of the top 2 in his position in his team. How many rookie's are top 2 in any position on any team??.
He will be one of the most selected players in everyone's round 1 side.
He is a must have for 2012.

4INAROW

not really coz he may not even come off your bench for the whole year if you have good 4th ruck coverage, i cant see him being a must have at all, but your right that most teams already do and will have him

damnfunky