Another for thoughts please

Started by AndrewY, January 05, 2012, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewY

Using muuti positional players where I can. Any suggestions?

TEAM NAME: Team CD
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, A. Selwood, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, W. Sierakowski, T. Golds (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, A. Goodes, B. Deledio (J. McDonald, M. Baguley)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (O. Stephenson, A. Pattison)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, T. Cloke, D. Pfeiffer, D. Zorko, A. Treloar, T. Walsh (S. Kerridge, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $400

Ringo

It depends on how you intend to use the DPP.  If trade room only then ok but if you wish to take advantage and use instead of trades you need to re look.
Have rearranged your team as follows:
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio ,A. Selwood, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, W. Sierakowski, (T. Golds B. Smedts, )
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, J. McDonald, M. Baguley (L. Brown, D. Zorko)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson,  A. Goodes, T. Cloke, D. Pfeiffer, , A. Treloar, T. Walsh (S. Kerridge, S. Rowe)
This will then allow you to bring Goddard, Delidio or Carazzo form backs into the mids interchanging with Brown and Bring  Goodes, Pfeiffer, Kerridge from forwards to mid. Just personal but I prefer to have rookie DPP in mids to allow the intercahnge with premiums rather than having lines weakened. I will be watching the pre season to ascertain the best performed DPP Rookies and they will be my mid bench.
Smeldts has a B/F DPP so if you can select another forward with back DPP will give you further option.  Not a lot to choose from but I would take Tomlinson depending on pre season form.

With regards to your team overall very sound with some nice uniques - Not a fan of Goodes from Round 1 though. Carazzo and Adam Selwood unique selections which may pay off.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on January 05, 2012, 03:33:09 PM
It depends on how you intend to use the DPP.  If trade room only then ok but if you wish to take advantage and use instead of trades you need to re look.
Have rearranged your team as follows:
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio ,A. Selwood, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, W. Sierakowski, (T. Golds B. Smedts, )
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, J. McDonald, M. Baguley (L. Brown, D. Zorko)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson,  A. Goodes, T. Cloke, D. Pfeiffer, , A. Treloar, T. Walsh (S. Kerridge, S. Rowe)
This will then allow you to bring Goddard, Delidio or Carazzo form backs into the mids interchanging with Brown and Bring  Goodes, Pfeiffer, Kerridge from forwards to mid. Just personal but I prefer to have rookie DPP in mids to allow the intercahnge with premiums rather than having lines weakened. I will be watching the pre season to ascertain the best performed DPP Rookies and they will be my mid bench.
Smeldts has a B/F DPP so if you can select another forward with back DPP will give you further option.  Not a lot to choose from but I would take Tomlinson depending on pre season form.

With regards to your team overall very sound with some nice uniques - Not a fan of Goodes from Round 1 though. Carazzo and Adam Selwood unique selections which may pay off.

+1 Ringo great review not going to add anything new to that :) goodes is a slow starter = upgrade target every season. that not new :) just agreeing

AndrewY

Any thoughts greatly appreciated:

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, C. Newman, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, T. Mohr (B. Smedts, M. Baguley)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, K. Stevens, D. Shiel (L. Brown, S. Kerridge)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Saad, A. Treloar, D. Zorko (A. Sexton, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $3,100

lozza63

Quote from: AndrewY on January 28, 2012, 04:52:46 PM
Any thoughts greatly appreciated:

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, C. Newman, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, T. Mohr (B. Smedts, M. Baguley)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, K. Stevens, D. Shiel (L. Brown, S. Kerridge)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Saad, A. Treloar, D. Zorko (A. Sexton, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $3,100

Hey Andy,

love your squad.
Bacs - Newman, from what i've read around the traps i understand he may be released into the mids a little more - this cant hurt, and as such makes for a nice POD (i was worried about his post cruc injury, however he is in full training at Tigerland). Suckling should maintain his '11 effort, nice also. I cant comment of the rooks yet - i would expect to see Marty get plenty of games at the Pies.

Mids - love this line - bank those points early son! I certainly dont subscribe to Pendles dropping off at all avg wise. Also not worrying much a bout the byes until much later - so much "water to go under the bridge" till mid year.

Rucks and forwards fine - Sandi looks value, just hope his toe stands up! Saad seems to have lost admirers lately - mainly due to his low possession rate in at the Bullants last year i believe - may not translate well into AFL?

Like the team structure.   

AndrewY

Thanks Lozza, Sandi might still be Mummy, but he may actually be a POD this year.
Saad is just a wait and see.

Swallow12

Good team, but would it wiser to swap pendles for barlow and grab a back gun? But either you will be strong from the start

AndrewY

Thanks Swallow. My next back upgrade is the very unfashionable Rhysie Shaw. Would rather he started but the mix isn't right.