Fremantle playerts

Started by Torress, January 05, 2012, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

We all want to know what is going on at freo, i think it will be the biggest talking point in fantasy to season prior.
they have got fantasy potential everywhere and its a battle to get the right ones

Pav vs Fyfe    -   i don't think you can go wrong with either. pav at CHF is where he historically gets the job done and fyfe is all class and is probably spot on for SC.

broughton vs duffman down back - will duff lift from his 75 average enough to warrant selection b4 broughts?? i like broughton - wins his own ball.

but its the mids who i'm pondering about... b4 the prices were released i was hoping for a cheap De Boer, but he aint (347k) - i heard he is a decent in and under midfielder but his disposal aint silk.
barlow @453k vs mundy @581 vs de boer @347k and you could throw fyfe and pav here as they are DPP and will ballantyne @365k get midfield time???

mundy started like da bomb in 2011, and barlow averaged 24 or so possies a game (albeit wore the vest a few times)
BUT these two did not play together besides rd22 where they both scored under the ton. but we can't look too much into that game.

so how will they score when playing together? is mundy worth 130k more than barlow?? can barlow seriously get back to what he did?  i've sort of seen he has had minor surgery recently?? they have alot going for them this year the dockers, really good rucks for the midfielders and pav permanent forward, solid backmen and half backs,  had a long break not playing finals and a dam good coach and a home ground advantage every second week.... but they do have many on rehab programs atm!!!

Patrician

Can I just say, that highlighting text is something awful  :P

But onto the true issues.

Ringo et al have noted the backline problem at Freo. Just who is going to take on that running back position? Until we get an indication of this, all bets are off. I have been burned by Broughton before and am hesitant to give him another try.

Mundy was class last year until injury. I don't think he's onto full training yet, but I read somewhere that Barlow is 90%. The surgury he had was very minor and Freo said it was expected. So Barlow might be worth a look in.

One thing that effects the mid players scores is Sandilands. When he's around, delivering the ball into Mundy's hands, I'm sure their scores go up. So I will be watching Sandi and seeing if he's fit before committing to a Freo midfielder.

DT-SC

subans another interesting one, tipped him for a brealout last year but didnt take the punt after 3 rounds i wish i had after he returned scores of 74, 86 and 99 (dreamteam) but he went down with injury in r.4
i hope lyon uses him on the wing where he will push forward for goals

SydneyRox

Thow in Ballantyne now as well, not only how he will go, but how will his apparant midfield role affect people like Pav/Fyfe/Broughts and Duff getting a decent midfield run to boost scores

ronl

What effect will Ross Lyon have on the Fremantle players and the style of football we're used to seeing them play.  We could be entering the realm of the unknown.

4INAROW

ive got fyfe and broughton for now but will wait for nab and get a better idea of freo under ross lyon 2012.

Knowall

Pav vs Fyfe: I really dont know can make cases for both.  Probally Fyfe will be more consistent.

Broughton over Duff, his position in the team is more secure, wins his own ball and has a higher liklihood of playing up the ground

Mundy is a gun and will score 105 at the very least.  Most likely 110-120

If your not willing to spend that much then take Barlow.  Id perfer Mundy and think hes worth the extra cash.

On Ballantyne I think Lyon will play him mainly forward, like he did with Milne

Suban is an intresting one and Im definetly a fan of him as a player and I think hes ready, but probally wont consider in my team

Footyrulz

Fyfe over pav cause of age.
Duff is gone, broughton is a good option i think.
de boer tags too much, cant fit mundy in, but barlow is decent value.
Ballyntyne is a big NO! dont get small crumbing forwards!

valkorum

Quote from: Footyrulz on January 06, 2012, 09:14:25 AM

But he is going to be a small outside midfielder this year

Knowall

Quote from: valkorum on January 06, 2012, 12:28:46 PM

Really says who?
Lyon like his small forwards with Milne and Schnieder at the saints for example. 
I can see Ballantyne playing HFF and pushing back towards goal at best

4INAROW

+1, who knows what the roles will be at freo with a new coach and a ton of fit fresh players coming back from a injury ridden line up last year

valkorum

Quote from: Knowall on January 06, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 06, 2012, 12:28:46 PM

Really says who?
Lyon like his small forwards with Milne and Schnieder at the saints for example. 
I can see Ballantyne playing HFF and pushing back towards goal at best

Freo's Midfield Stoppages Coach Mark Stone

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127678/default.aspx

Quote"[Playing Ballantyne in the middle] will add a fair bit of pace to our midfield group," Fremantle stoppages coach Mark Stone said.

theflyinghawk

has anyone considered that even if he plays midfield he is unlikely to get a lot more of the ball and will still be an x-factor player who doesnt get much ball

Knowall

Hmmm I see, Just remember that you do hear about some of these players moving positions and they never actually eventuate.  I think I can remember something similar said about Lecras this time last year.

Cicjose

that did happen and porps was going into the middle last year but we know what happened there