Callan Ward (GWS)

Started by Phasir, January 05, 2012, 01:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

Pick #17 in the 2007 draft, 2009 Rising Star nominee, now 21yo, this fellow's been talked about a lot in football terms, but not so much for DT, his DT capabilities had a setback in 2010 when he had a groin injury and while he has never really noted as a reasonable DT scorer he may be in for a better year this year.

Coming from a team with accumulators the like of Boyd & Cross, he now finds himself as one of GWS's prized midfield jewels.
Averaged 81 in his fourth(and last) season with the Dogs, he will probably be spending more time through the centre while the band of teenagers develop.  Always throwing his body into packs he's sure to pick up some points through tackles & first to the ball will get 1st dibs on the points.

Colliwobblers

yeah i like him reckon he will do well, maybe not well enough for a midfield spot tho, im not picking anyone in the midfield that isnt a keeper or a likely cashcow rook.

trjd81

Hi guys,

I have been looking around over the last 2 or 3 months, and there has been a lot of talk about plenty of players, but not much about this bloke.

He is going to be the number 2 midfielder at GWS (behind Scully), and improved a lot last year at the Bulldogs.

He is only 400K, and will play every game at GWS unless he gets injured.

Has anyone considered him as a potential to be a premiuim by the end of the year?  He has a lot of upside, and would be similar to Rischitelli last year at GC, but I rate Ward a much better player than Rischa.

Could he average 100 this year?

I would be really interested in everyone's thoughts.

Cheers

Ziplock

imo, no. I'd be more tempted to look at scully than ward tbh.

He had a breakout last year, putting it back to back in a relatively weak side seems unlikely to me.

Pickle

These guys are hardly Ablett and he struggled in a new tea  with a young midfield early (although he was returning from injury).. I think there are too many ifs here for my liking.

Colliwobblers

Neither for me this year as the guys say too hard too unpredictable in the new team... But my hope is they average 80 odd then they will be priced right and have thier hand up for my 2013 DT at around $400k in a better side used to itself :)

Hawka

tbh id prefer Ward over Scully but i wont b goin for either cant see much improve this year

Windigo

Not enough incentive for me to get him. Better off just getting a GWS rookie.

Speculator

I had him last year and sacrificed him for Curnow, but don't see the value this year.

Grazz

Prefer others where i can be more certain of what im going to get from them.