Dustin Martin [RIC] $442,500
A Christensen [GEE] $338,800
A Saad [STK] $115,800
D Zorko [BRI] $104,200
T Walsh [SYD] $104,200
A Treloar [GWS] $104,200
S Rowe [CAR] $98,700

ossie85

One forward too short IMO, and still not a fan of Waters.

Any salary cap left? Cos perhaps downgrading one of Pendles-Ablett-Rockliff to a less expensive gun to upgrade a forward...

Also, I'd set the team up in a different way next time :)

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on January 04, 2012, 10:52:57 AM
One forward too short IMO, and still not a fan of Waters.

Any salary cap left? Cos perhaps downgrading one of Pendles-Ablett-Rockliff to a less expensive gun to upgrade a forward...

Also, I'd set the team up in a different way next time :)
structure-wise those the foundations of a decent team are in there ...  ;)

i think Oss means you may be taking 'guns n rooks' a bit too far??  ???   ;)

think I see what you're doing but think you're gonna have a spend a bit more moo-lah ...  ;)
(but in the right places!)

good luck!

theflyinghawk

i dont think you need those 4 premium mids with the quality of barlow/hayes for so much cheaper

Colliwobblers

would help to know how much cash you have left but i'm tending to think the GnR strategy is the best way and really hard to fault many of your picks.

I am debating which mid priced defender i will run with waters grimes grima ect ect ect. but i think it is right to have the most premiums/keepers starting in hte backs the rooks are the skinniest cows.
The mids i like not sure you cant get a rook that will fatten an nicely as coniglio and wingard and save yourself 100K between them.
The fwds yeah might need to spend that 100k upgrading christensen, i have him in my team as a 4th fwd tho :) But thats because i have a dual premium ruck (like you) i have 3 super premium mids plus barlow, and i have stacked the heck out of my backline.

Its a good team im saying well done to you just make sure there are no cheaper options for those mid rooks that will do just as well.

ScoreGasm

Team Name: ScoreGasm

Defenders
Brendon Goddard [STK] [MID]$474,200
Brett Deledio [RIC] [MID]$452,100
Dyson Heppell [ESS] $415,900
Shaun Burgoyne [HAW] [MID]$354,700
Marty Clarke [COL] $141,500
Sam Docherty [BRL] [MID]$130,200
Lee Spurr [FRE] $107,800
Billie Smedts [GEE] [FWD]$104,200
Beau Wilkes [STK] $98,700

Midfielders
Scott Pendlebury [COL] $576,900
Gary Ablett [GCS] $554,700
Bryce Gibbs [CAR] $529,000
Michael Barlow [FRE] $424,800
Patrick Dangerfield [ADE] [FWD]$349,800
Stephen Coniglio [GWS] $175,200
Chad Wingard [PTA] $157,200
James McDonald [GWS] $98,700

Rucks
Matthew Leuenberger [BRL] $459,100
Hamish McIntosh [NTH] $273,500
Sam Rowe [CAR] [FWD]$98,700
Orren Stephensen [GEE] $98,700

Forwards
Lance Franklin [HAW] $503,000
David Zaharakis [ESS] [MID]$443,200
Dustin Martin [RIC] [MID] $442,500
Steele Sidebottom [COL] [MID] $428,800
Allen Christensen [GEL] [MID] $338,800
Jason Porplyzia [ADL] $202,500
Ahmed Saad [STK] $115,800
Dayne Zorko [BRI] [MID] $104,200
Tommy Walsh [SYD] $104,200

Cash Left: $21,400

Haven't thought about the byes strategy yet

Would love your thoughts?

Colliwobblers

DEF

For me burgoyne is a risky 4th defender - a worse risk than waters/grimes/grima/even lake, but thats only becaue a mate of mine had him last season and he did nothing.
Rooks are all good but spurr needs to be promoted and wilkes needs to get a game, think he will

MID

Dangerfield is not midfield materiel put him in the fwd line if you want him
at thier prices coniglio and wingard (both who will be guns) have to look significantly better than the many cheaper rooks available nab cup will tell.
3 premiums and barlow solid, gibbs will be unique and may pay off.

RUCKS

wish i had the balls to pick hmac ! seriously think it may be a GREAT move, i went the safer route of sandi and burger. if hmac is flying through nabcup i may still go there. correct rooks there also.

FWD

totally awesome thats my forward line except i dont have porps and im not sure if he will a) be a keeper or b) make you more $ than a rook or as fast.

Summary - strong team very good, if HMac does not impress you or fill you with confidence through nab cup he could end up costing you a lot of points in the ruck, you do have the avility through your 2 expensive mid rooks coniglio and wingard $60K between them and porps $100K if downgraded to a rook, to upgrade HMac to a premium ruck.

The only other thing make sure all your rooks are firing through nab cup and listed to play round 1 and check dochertys progress through the next couple of months post surgery.

Thats my thoughts and if this is your first draft you have nothing to worry about great side :)

chaosAD

For one please lay your team out the correct way, too hard to read !

Shirtfront

ScoreGasm

Cash Left: $47,900

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, D.Heppell, B.Waters, M.Clarke, S.Docherty, T.Mohr (B.Smedts, B.Wilkes

Mids: S.Pendlebury, GAJ, B.Gibbs, R.Sloane, M.Barlow, K.Horseley (D.Pfeiffer, D.Shiel)

Rucks: M.Leunberger, J.Giles (S.Rowe, O.Stephensen)

Forwards: L.Franklin. D.Zaharakis, D.Martin, S.Sidebottom, P.Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Saad (D.Zorko, T.Walsh)

I think I may need another premium defender but think I have got it covered in my forward line.

I am keeping an eye on Docherty's injury over pre-season. He should be right to go round 1

I'm not sold on Saad but will watch him in the NAB Cup.

ScoreGasm

Money in the Tin: $29,000

Backs: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, B.Houli, P.Hanley, S.Gilbert, M.Clarke, T.Mohr (B.Smedts, B.Wilkes)

Mids: S.Pendlebury, GAJ, B.Gibbs, M.Barlow, S.Coniglio, K.Horsely, (D.Pfieiffer, D.Shiel)

Rucks: M.Leuenberger, J.Giles (S.Rowe, O.Stephensen)

Forwards: L.Franklin, D.Zaharakis, D.Martin, S.Sidebottom, P.Dangerfield, A.Christensen, A.Saad (T.Walsh, D.Zorko)

Still pretty rough atm, but I have thrown in a few Uniques and tried to go with the guns & rooks idea. Haven't taken into account for the byes yet.

Cheers

Windigo

Do you think Sam Rowe will a game? His there for some extra bucks yeah?

R.Griffen

Not A bad team

DEF: B.Houli and Gilbert are very big risks. Down grade Gilbert for a rookie than up grade Houli for a more safer player
Mid: Perfect execpt for Pfieiffer I think you could find some better option's
Rucks: Great
Forwards: Dangerfield is a great pick and should become a better player with Sanderson as coach. Lots and lots of people are pick up Christensen I really can't find him getting be but if he is going to play in the Midfield he might

Ago97

DEF: I really dont like the look of Houli and Gilbert, downgrade one and throw someone like Heppel or Enright straight in

MID: Great, If you believe barlow can get back to his best then definitely go with him

Rucks: Weak, I don't like the premium and rookie set up, you will lose big points each week from Mumford, Sandi and Cox

FWD: Very strong, Dunno bout Dangerfield, watch him in the nab cup as well as Christo, everyone is hyping him up but i dont know whether he will star this year but if he performs in the NAB then he will be fine

Overall a good team rucks need strenthning and backs need some slight work
8/10   

Windigo

I'm liking that you picked Hanley. I myself will be getting him.

Looks a great pickup and surely the only way is up. Hopefully 90+.  ;)