Feedback Please for a Rookie

Started by Hammer11, January 04, 2012, 12:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer11

Ok people, can I get some constructive feedback on my team.

Backs:
Goddard. Delideo. Broughton. Grimes. Clarke. Ellis (rich). Wilkes. (Bugg and Morris)

Mids:
Swan. GAJ. Selwood. Barlow. Shiel. Zorko. (McDonald. Docherty)

Rucks:
Sandi. Jacobs. Giles and Stephenson

Forwards:
Franklin. Zaha. Martin. Sidebottom. Christenson. J Brown. Saad. (Cameron and Pfieffer)

$41000 left in bank.

Thanks everyone.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Hammer11 on January 04, 2012, 12:33:25 AM
Ok people, can I get some constructive feedback on my team.

Backs:
Goddard. Delideo. Broughton. Grimes. Clarke. Ellis (rich). Wilkes. (Bugg and Morris)

Mids:

Rucks:

Forwards:
Franklin. Zaha. Martin. Sidebottom. Christenson. J Brown. Saad. (Cameron and Pfieffer)

$41000 left in bank.

Thanks everyone.

DEF: 6.5/10 - not enough depth for my liking sure if broughton and more so grimes fire it will be ok but if one doesnt your a premium short by my reckoning. Clarke Ellis and Morris good rook/cheap choices i don't know the others.

MID: 8/10 - great all the right rookies the only thing making this mid better is if barlow was a guaranteed 120 avg gun or if you had another gun in as well as him( not neccessarily the way to go), and i also have barlow as my 4th mid. All the right rooks too.

RUCK: 8.5/10 - great sandi jacobs well he may or may not be great but ill give him the benefit of the doubt for the sake of rating the team :) the right rooks again.

FWD: 9.5/10 - fwd line is stacked, I would downgrade a player here to possibly upgrade a defender not sure, but the first 6 to me are all excellent picks, brown may be the one to downgrade he is at times injury prone although he has a good run for 4 years leading up to last year and i have him too but for the sake of making improvements elsewhere i would downgrade him or sidebottom. good rooks again

Overall a solid team a little light in defence and heavy in fwd is all. How are your byes and your bye strategy ? Nice job

ossie85

Can only agree with Colli, but back line will be fine if Clarke named round 1.

Hammer11

Thanks guys.
Amended team.
Defenitely overloaded for rookies in the backs. In comes Heppell and Waters and out goes Bugg and Brouighton.
Agreed on Broughton but I have a gut feel that he could get better under Lyon. Brown - yep.
Clarke - i think Buckley will love him back in the backline, especially with Leon gone.
Barlow - I think he will hit the ground running this year. I'll bank on him given i think I've got argyuably the 3 best mids (outside Pendlebury) and with the jury still out on how coach McArtney will use Boyd.
Jacobs - could also go Leunberger or McEvoy but hopefully ex- Cat A/coach Sanderson will use Jacobs a bit like a fit Ottens and let him run around and rest in the forward line.
Forward rookies could change a bit depending on the NAB.There are DPP links between BM and FM so hopefully can change a few around if required.

Backs:
Goddard. Delideo. Heppell. Grimes. Waters. Clarke. Ellis (rich). (Wilkes and Morris)

Mids:

Rucks:

Forwards:
Franklin. Zaha. Martin. Sidebottom. Christenson. Treloar. Saad. (Cameron and Pfieffer)

$34000 left in bank.

DT-SC

looks good, the only thing i would do i get rid of one of selwood, swan and barlow otherwise r.12 will hurt,i wanted all these three aswell but ended up going selwood-rockliff

Colliwobblers

Quote from: DT-SC on January 04, 2012, 04:27:16 PM
looks good, the only thing i would do i get rid of one of selwood, swan and barlow otherwise r.12 will hurt,i wanted all these three aswell but ended up going selwood-rockliff

Agreed, I am an anti-lion living in Brisbane and being a pies supported I did not enjoy the 3 years involving the triple lions premiership and haven't really gottten over the 3 years of gloating by so many ar$3h0lls i know up her :)

That said i havent got rockcliffe, i havent got looeyburger i didnt get on redden or adcock last year, i just dont pick lions

But I have a feeling Rockliffe is going to average 120+ one of those footy hunches where everything just lines up and your confident a player or a team is going to smash it, i reckon thats him this year. As I said i dont have him purely because i want thompson with his great draw and his blistering finish to 2011, he shares the bye with rockliffe but after that round 11 bye someone is out for me and rockliffe will be in

If I was you i wouldnt mind have either rockliffe or thompson from the start if you need to shuffle for the crazy byes, having a donut from not having a rookie on the ground is bearable, but having a premium on the ground scoring a donut would hurt a lot more i think  >:(

Hammer11

Cheers for the feedback.
I too have thought about Thompson but I think the beneficiary of the new coach may be Van Berlo. Even Dangerfiield may get a spike - though i remember my mates last year bi&^%ing abnd complaining about how they picked him early and he did nothing but dissappoint. It worries me also that Thompson got a lot of big possession games but not big 100s.

I am warming to Rockliffe for Selwood for sure. I can see that change in the wings.
I would have loved to fit in Barlow as 5th Mid but there are too many good Mid Rookies on the radar to warrant. Not too many in backline so need to load up there instead.
Hopefully at the completion of round 11 my rooks will be candidates for upgrades to premiums so the Swan Barlow absence in R12 wont affect the score too much.

Thanks for your help.