Jeremy Cameron

Started by Football Factory, January 03, 2012, 09:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

JEREMY CAMERON

GWS

FORWARD    ( I play centre half forward but I also play down back occasionally.)

DOB: 1/4/93
Ht: 196cm
Wt: 89kg
2012 DT PRICE: $104.200

My first game of senior footy was in the reserves. I was 14 years old and I got cleaned up big time but I also remember kicking three goals.

Who is your favorite footballer?

My favorite footballer is Buddy Franklin. I love Buddy; he’s a great player and an excitement machine. I love watching him kick goals

PLAYER BIO:

Jeremy Cameron is a 196cm power forward with a strong attack on the ball, who in 2009 was a 16‐year‐old playing his first full season of football in the seniors for Dartmoor, 20 minutes from the South Australian border.

Despite living 256km from Ballarat, Cameron played 16 matches for North Ballarat in the TAC Cup alongside teammate Kurt Aylett who will also join him at the GWS Giants. In his TAC Cup matches, Cameron averaged 11 disposals per match, took 89 marks (ranked number 11) with this tally including the second most (43) contested marks across the competition.

His 58 scoring shots including 33 goals ranked number five at this level. His only match at the 2010 NAB Under‐18 Championships was against NSW/ACT and his return from this outing was 11 disposals and five marks. He was a member of the 14th intake of the AIS AFL Academy squad.

NEWS ARTICLE:

"If he was available in the draft this year, we may not be talking about Jonathon Patton as the No.1 draft choice, we'd probably be talking about Jeremy Cameron".

Following one year playing with Dartmoor, he came to the attention of TAC Cup team North Ballarat Rebels.

"Our development officer and one of our trainers down there made us aware that Jeremy was going very well," said Phil Partington, the Rebels' region manager.

"First time I went down to Dartmoor I was very excited. He was very fluent with his kicking action and a long kick and had all those qualities, but I hadn't seen him in a game yet.

"The first practice match that we had, he made a lasting impression on myself.

"In the first minute the ball was kicked out of a centre clearance and Jeremy stood on three or four people's heads and took an unbelievable mark from 50m out dead in front.

"Then he went back and casually kicked the goal post height from 50 out and I thought 'gee, we've got something here boys'."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127656/default.aspx

FANTASY FREAKO SAYS: Key position players take time, but i expect to see him play most weeks this season

2012 AFL NAB Rising Star Odds and Betting
Posted on January 16th 2012

Player                          Odds    
Kane Lucas (Carl)          $7.00    
Mitchell Wallis (WB)          $8.00    
Nathan Vardy (Geel)          $9.00    
Jeremy Cameron (GWS)  $10.00    
Stephen Coniglio (GWS)  $10.00    
John Butcher (Port)         $13.00    
Sam Day (GC)                 $13.00    
Chad Wingard (Port)         $15.00    
Jared Polec (Bris)         $15.00    
Tom Mitchell (Syd)         $17.00    
Adam Treloar (GWS)         $17.00    
Dylan Shiel (GWS)         $17.00    
Josh Caddy (GC)         $21.00    
Jake Carlisle (ESS)         $34.00    
Toby Greene (GWS)         $34.00
Dom Tyson (GWS)         $34.00

Cicjose

im considering him (i'm considering just about everyone)

DT-SC

yep, hes the one fwd rookie i have confidence in, he's already a cult hero and plays like BJ, JS is good with patton being ruled out, like a shiel he wouldve gone top 5 which makes him too cheap to ignore

rebird

He was mentioned a few times in the 'bests' for GWS last season. So good forward rookie prospect.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: DT-SC on January 03, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
yep, hes the one fwd rookie i have confidence in, he's already a cult hero and plays like BJ, JS is good with patton being ruled out, like a shiel he wouldve gone top 5 which makes him too cheap to ignore

+1

I have him locked i would only consider treloar over him and as per the article and all reports this guy would have been the number 1 draft pick, but more importantly the club says he is a starter and his playing history says he is ready for AFL. If he goes through nab well and looks to be a round 1 starter he is a lock for me.

Rolder

But isn't he a key position forward ?

Torpedo10

he was one of the 17 year olds picked up by GWS, If he hadn't been picked up then he probably gone No.1 pick in the National draft.

Speculator

I'll pass. GWS tall forwards will be anihilated next year.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Rolder on January 04, 2012, 05:00:11 AM
But isn't he a key position forward ?

Yeah i think he is but one that can run take a contested mark and kick.

Kuruki

Cant see him getting too much pill up front.

DT-SC

in the NEAFL he payed off the half-back, ran through the guts and kicked goals (goddard)

Colliwobblers

fair point about how they use him in nab cup this will determine if he lines up for me. I don't want a rookie who stands in the goal squre on my DT if thats what he does but i think that sounds like a waste of his talent, surely they have another tall for that role given the abilities of this guy.

Purple 77

If he is played as a KPP, thats a SC no no, but in DT it could be alright

Cicjose

the KPP at Gold Coast were really bad last year so my reservation is to see if he goes any better.....

elephants

Will wait to see what kinda role he gets in the NAB before making any major decisions on him...