Roughed and rowe combo?

Started by Footyrulz, January 03, 2012, 03:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footyrulz

At the moment i have both roughead and rowe to swap around but im reconsidering.

They have a bye in the same week so thats useless. Plus, roughead had a bad injury last year and he might not play that well.

So is there actually Any point of getting them both?

Thank you in advance.

kilbluff1985

Personally i don't think so them having a bye in the same week makes it seem pointless to me

Lions01

Not sure if Roughead is even on track for a round 1 return

CuStArDaRm

demon_spud

Quote from: Lions01 on January 03, 2012, 04:43:55 PM
Not sure if Roughead is even on track for a round 1 return

+1

He's not back to full training as yet, and has an over-flatted price because of he was rucking as cover in the last games before he injuried himself.  Perhaps an upgrade target later in the season depending on how they play him, and how the Hawks are going.

Be interesting to see where/how the Blues will play Rowe....short listed.

tferrier18

yeah go for rowe but not for roughy - roughy will take a while to get back into the groove and as lions said i dont think hes even ready for r1

Footyrulz

Thqnks everyone. I got berger instead of roughy.  :)

Hawka

Quote from: Footyrulz on January 03, 2012, 08:20:57 PM
Dont be so quick to rule Roughy out
last friday at training he sprinted and went through kicking drills he should play round 1

Grazz

Quote from: hawka26 on January 18, 2012, 03:30:14 AM
Quote from: Footyrulz on January 03, 2012, 08:20:57 PM
Dont be so quick to rule Roughy out
last friday at training he sprinted and went through kicking drills he should play round 1

This is good news.

charliesheen

you could go ryder, but he is so unpredictable.  personally, I feel dpp is a bit overrated, and you shouldn't compromise your team just for the sake of adding it in.

tferrier18

Quote from: charliesheen on January 18, 2012, 05:50:05 PM
personally, I feel dpp is a bit overrated, and you shouldn't compromise your team just for the sake of adding it in.

I felt the same a few years ago but I used it pretty well last year - you'll sacrifice less if you utilise dpp with your rookies rather than starting players (prems & mid pricers).

dpp is definitely useful, it saved me at least 3 or 4 0's last year.
Might not be as useful this year because the byes hit all at once, so avoiding 0's during these rounds is next to impossible anyway - but since the bench has gone back to two players, it should still come in handy a few times throughout the season.

elli

steer clear of roughead this year, will struggle coming back from his achilies & won't be dominant while buddy's there running the forwards

Purple 77

I haven't needed a fourth ruckman in my SC career, which is why im considering a Pattinson/Rowe combo. Pattinson because he is the cheapest ruck you can get, and Rowe will play, will offer flexibility, but like Pattinson is a hawk so if roughy and rowe have the bye on the same round, so will pattinson. But pattinson probably won't even play a game, purely a flexibility thing

jimmytigs

hardly worth looking at ruck dpp this season,may put rowe in from start & if a hale or roughy cut loose or the likes of pattison somehow gets a game then look at importing 1 in then

charliesheen

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 19, 2012, 12:39:40 PM
I haven't needed a fourth ruckman in my SC career, which is why im considering a Pattinson/Rowe combo. Pattinson because he is the cheapest ruck you can get, and Rowe will play, will offer flexibility, but like Pattinson is a hawk so if roughy and rowe have the bye on the same round, so will pattinson. But pattinson probably won't even play a game, purely a flexibility thing

the problem is that if Pattison doesn't play early in the season, you are effectively wasting a rookie spot (which could potentially generate cash).

On a 2 man bench, I think it would be more logical to have him in your ruck, and bringing in Pattison later in the season when you are facing a donut and/or have no other downgrade choices.

Also, there will also always be players like lolRicho which you might want to sideways trade.