Yes
1 (10%)
No
8 (80%)
Maybe
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Ziplock

And for our 4th randomly generated player we have, at number 107 Lachlan Hansen! A North Melbourne player with B/F eligibility, at 24 years of age, taken at pick 3 in the 06 draft, behind gibbs and gumbleton, but ahead of Leuenberger, Boak and J. Selwood, from a DT perspective, Hansen is yet to have a real break out, and dropped a solid 15 points off his 2011 average, falling from nearly 70 to mid 50s.

Hansen is a KPP, playing in a team that's improving, and will shoot for the 8 this year. As a KPP, it makes sense that he would take time to develop, and considering that, on top of his high draft pick and DPP eligibility, he does warrant at least some consideration for 2012.

But then you look at his scores. Keeping in mind that in 2011 Hansen was subbed offin Q1 vs GC due to concussion, and suffered a back injury in Q4 vs port adelaide, and subbed off in Q4 vs Brisbane, (those three which made up his lowest scores), Hansen still only pulled off a highscore of 89 vs richmond, followed by a 71 vs WCE.

Something interesting to note though, excluding his injured and subbed games, is his consistency in scoring \, for instance, pulling off 5 scores between 64 and 66, with nearly every match scoring between 50 and mid 60s. Interesting, but not DT tantalising :P

If he can kick a few more goals, might be a decent prospect, but currently looking at his 2011 stats, not looking tasty. So, lets move back to 2010, his 'breakout' year, where he was uninjured (remembering nearly all forwards have a slump following their break out year anyway).

His 2010 was considerably more impressive, but lacking the consistency of his 2011. Hansen finished with 6 games in the 80s, 2 games over 100 (against port adelaide, and a firing st kilda team who he kicked 4 goals against), but that was tempered by scores of 36 and 48 vs sydney, 42 vs collinwood and 47 vs WBD. The promise however was certainly there, especially considering he racked up some decent numbers playing (I presume do to lack of scoring shots) in defence in the first half of the season.

Basically, priced at 270k from memory, Hansen probably should not be sliding into your forward line, given the plethora of options up there. However in defence, it's a slightly different story... He's underpriced, and I think year was a bit of a slump he should be over for 2012. In 2010, he averaged nearly 70, but that was without the consistency he began to produce (albeit with lower scores, whether due to injury or form), in 2011. Honestly, I can see this kid as a really sneaky unique and POD in a backline for 2010.

IMO, will average over 70, which is a 15 point rise, and solid enough although not warranting selection. However, I believe he has a solid chance for an 80-85 average as well, which would be a good 30 point increase, and would make him worth your while as a pick. However, at the same time, a 90+ average is beyond him at this point, imo... to pull out the bigger games, as shown in 2010 when he tonned up, he needs to pull out a substantial number of goals, and even with norths improving side, I cant see him breaking the ton more than a couple of times next season.

I rate him as a 6/10, backline options are thin, and he has a bit of potential, as well as making a sneaky unique. Not for me, but what about you guys? :P

elephants

Hahah nah not for me. I'm there are some DieHard North fans that will have him locked. Another very comprehensive write-up zip!
Also our Euro trade has been given the go ahead. We need to PM Holz now.

Ziplock

already PM'd him :P

honestly, I'm considering him now... only has like a 10% chance of making the cut, but.... :P

elephants

Yeah cool.

Haha alrighty I reckon with Armstrong, Waters and Grimes there are better options in he backs and Browny and Christo in the forwards.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2012, 03:34:56 PM
Hahah nah not for me. I'm there are some DieHard North fans that will have him locked. Another very comprehensive write-up zip!
Also our Euro trade has been given the go ahead. We need to PM Holz now.

i think most roo fans would avoid this guy