All Premium Mids

Started by Hoggyz_a_legend, January 03, 2012, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Heath Scotland, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis, (Steven Morris, Luke Brown).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Brett Deledio, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Dylan Shiel, (Elliott Kavanagh, James McDonald).

Rucks: Matt Leunberger, Ben McEvoy, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Ben Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $96800.

I'm a little bit iffy on Scotland, but the rest, including the rookies, i'm pretty happy with.

Tear the team apart and provide constructie critisism where needed.

Footyrulz

Great team. Only concern is defence.

Mabye Swap scotland with Deledio and get a midfield premium instead. Mabye get an MPP rookie instead.

Duffield also a worry. Mabye burgoyne or a premium?

Hoggyz_a_legend

The only thing with switching deledio and scotland is that i'll have 3 richmond players in defense then. Dids is in midfield for MPP. If I did switch them, i'd have to switch Scotland for Luke Brown and then maybe put Buntine in defense. Then I'll have a lot of money left over when imo I don't need to upgrade anyone.

Thoughts on this?

lozza63

Hey Hoggy - overall a good side, not without its share of risk!

Backs - I personally like Scotland, i can see him a top 5 defender again. Some may not agree with this as he is "getting on" and competition for spots are tight. Grimes is a risk, hope he pays off - ie stays fit! Duffield looks a reasonable mid pricer. Lake, 30 now, another risk as i just dont perceive him as a hard worker on the track, thus could struggle to regain the levels of 2010. D6 - D9 fine. Deledio rounds off top 3 defenders (Brown to the mids). Should the Grimes and Lake work - you have almost a fully upgraded defence which is shrewd, Clarke could average 80 so you wont need to spend anything here till the split rounds at earliest.

Mids - First 3 are fine, Lenny worries me at 32 - cant see him being top 15 mid this year. Barlow should be a bargain and return to top tier.

Rucks - Nice two young tyros.

Forwards - more risk JB and Porpoise (mind you if he is less than 180k i'm on too!).

This side with so many returning from Lti's could really pay off for you big time! I mean about 5 double upgrades here and ur just about fully premium - all the best with it - 8/10 despite it not being my approach this season (i'm looking more for "durable" squad).

Ringo

Just look at switching Brown and Delidio and then maybe decide whether to down grade Scotland or just substitute with Shaw or similar if doubtiing Scotland.  I would not worry too much about three Richmond players in defence from Round 1 as chances are, unless Ellis and Morris are keepers, you would have traded them by bye rounds.

If downgrading to Buntine and with extra cash maybe get another mid prem if needed,

Sound Team overall.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, (Brandon Ellis, Steven Morris).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown, (Elliott Kavanagh, James McDonald).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Ben Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $46,500.

Made a few little changes. Despite Goodes' slow starts, I like him against GWS first up.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Also, I have worked out how I'll go with this team going into the bye rounds:

Backs: 1/3/5

Mids: 3/3/2

Rucks: 2/1/1

Fwds: 4/1/4

Total: 10/8/12.

Ringo

Like the changes made. You still do not have the mid/forward dpp but not sure whether you need it as your only prem forward with DPP is Goodes, Do not forget the VC Loop hole with Goodes for Round 1.
Just bear in mind it is not necessary to set team up for byes in round 1.  Work out the structure for byes and aim to have set by Round 10. To avoid donuts in byes your strategy will require 8/9 trades during the byes and if happy with that no worries.
My strategy is to have the following by Round 10
2/3/4 - 2/3/3 - 2/1/1- 2/4/3 = 8/11/11 (in the format of R11/R12/R13)
Current Structure is:
2/3/4 - 2/3/3 - 2/2/0 - 4/2/3 = 10/10/10 (in the format of R11/R12/R13) with all players playing.
Trades up to Round 10 will be done to achieve this structure.  Have come up with this after a lot of testing and forecasting as the most effective way of coping with byes:
Based on proposed Structure
Round 11 No Trades
Round 12 3 Trades from Round 12 sides to Round 11 side Structure now 11/8/11
Round 13 3 Trades From Round 13 to Round 12 or 11 sides.
All trades to work towards final team.  Thus using only 6 trades during byes.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, (Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown, (Elliott Kavanagh, James McDonald).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Billy Smedts, Ben Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $46,500.

Made some changes. Now my bye formation is 2/3/4, 3/3/2, 2/1/1, 4/3/2= 11/10/9.

Ringo

Just be wary of Docherty, he has undergone hip surgery so may miss early games so watch.  May be a useful down grade target. Also watch how some of the players are used pre season especially Duffield if he is used as loose running back.

Very Sound Team overall.

meow meow

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jack Grimes, Nathan Grima, Marty Clarke, (Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis).

Rucks: Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs, (Jonathon Giles, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Billy Smedts, Adam Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $1,500.

Made a couple of changes. Switched Lake for Grima, and Leunberger for Jacobs.

Who can I switch Scotland for so I can switch Jacobs back to Leunberger?

Hoggyz_a_legend

Backs: Brendan Goddard, Heath Scotland, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Nathan Grima, Marty Clarke, Sam Docherty, (Brandon Ellis, Billy Smedts).

Midfield: Gary Ablett Jnr, Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Michael Barlow, Koby Stevens, Dylan Shiel, (Luke Brown, Elliott Kavanagh).

Rucks: Ben McEvoy, Jonathon Giles, (Josh Jenkins, Orren Stephenson).

Forwards: Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathon Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Adam Treloar, (Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe).

Bank: $2,100

Made a couple of changes. Changed to a 3 rookie ruck. All will get a stack of game time.

Currently sitting on an 11/8/11 bye structure, so pretty easily reached.

Ringo

Pretty good team

Not commenting on rookies as teams will change based on pre season.
Backs: 3 prem 2 mid and 2 rookies ok.
Mids: Like
Rucks: Sound based on the prem 3 rookies structure
Forwards: Would only take 1 of Brown or Roo to minimise risk but just personal.  Also would not start with Goodes as he traditionally starts slow and comes home strong but your decision.

Overall 8.5/10 (Mainly due to Ruck structure/strategy which may or may not come off

Hoggyz_a_legend

So which of my last two teams is better?

I think Jenkins will play most games as #2 ruck (and Crows' only other real ruck option) , same with Giles, and Stephenson will play most games. Why else would they draft him at 29?

Also, is Judd or Murphy a better pick?