Main Menu

Duffman

Started by Purple 77, January 03, 2012, 12:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Forgot all about him, if you look at his stats in 2009 and 2010 he is very tempting. In His past 3 years his stats are (SC):

2009: 21 games - Average 97.4

2010: 22 games - Average 90.7

2011: 21 games - Average 75.6

Will anyone take a risk on him? He is $410,200 and at that price he could be risk that could very well pay off.

Patrician

Nah, there are 100k noobs that might* average 75+. And there are other players around that price I'd trust more.

Heavy emphasis on might.

Speculator

If he can return to his previous year's averages he would be a keeper and therefore a great selection.

My Chumps

Had him for the majority of last year and never touching it again. Especially when you can get Grimes cheaper.

Lions01

Quote from: My Chumps on January 03, 2012, 02:44:36 PM
Had him for the majority of last year and never touching it again. Especially when you can get Grimes cheaper.

Atleast Duffield isn't going to miss half the season through injury!!!

Have been giving Duff a little thought, new coach who likes to have a loose man in defense and set up from the back. With Dawson, Mcpharlin and Silvangi most probably having lock down roles could be a great fantasy player this year

Noz

Quote from: Lions01 on January 03, 2012, 04:13:10 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on January 03, 2012, 02:44:36 PM

Atleast Duffield isn't going to miss half the season through injury!!!

Have been giving Duff a little thought, new coach who likes to have a loose man in defense and set up from the back. With Dawson, Mcpharlin and Silvangi most probably having lock down roles could be a great fantasy player this year

Yes but who will be the loose man, Duffield, Broughtan, Hill or Ibbotson

Torress

there are a few to keep an eye on at freo, duff man is prob one of them. plays a bit too much of an outside game. makes sense as he is a very nice user of the pill. but if he does play loose teams will tighten up. too much of an awkward price to get little reward unless he ends up being a top 6 defender or something.  and yea grima looks a better pick

aces-high

I read somehwere that Freo were training him in that quarter back role for 2012, so if he looks good in the nab cup i'm jumping on duffman for sure!!!!

Patrician

Gotta link for that aces-high?

aces-high

Nah sorry mate, i just saw a post in the broughton thread if u wanna check it out. I'm always on my i-phone so soz i dont link posts. Im hoping he does play that role though.