SuperCoach Team Selector 2012!

Started by Purple 77, January 03, 2012, 11:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey everyone!

I have made/updated a SuperCoach Selector on an excel spreadsheet which helps me a lot every year when i make my team. I thought others may like to use it so here it is via ossie85's website.

To make a selection, enter 1 (one) into the selection column, or any number really, but 1 is the simplest.

If there is any faults or problems in the spreadsheet, please let me know or post it in this thread so everyone knows how to fix it.

Enjoy!

ossie85

I like the excel selectors better  Find them easier to update then website-based ones

50+ downloads, no comments! They must love it...

Ringo

Thanks for the spreadsheet.  Played around and works a treat. Have put my current team into the sheet and it allows you to play around with teams as well rather than being in FF.  Will be using it to finalize my teams and being a spreadsheet can add useful information as well eg Pre seasons scores for rookies.

Thanks Purple and Ossie for allowing the upload.

Patrician

Thanks, looks pretty good.

A random question - in picking a player, does anyone ever look at total score for the year? I  just look at number of games and average. 

jamesalex

Quote from: Patrician on January 04, 2012, 11:29:49 AM
Thanks, looks pretty good.

A random question - in picking a player, does anyone ever look at total score for the year? I  just look at number of games and average.

Nah i never look at the total score, only average, and number of games if the average is surprising for that player.

Purple 77

Me neither, i just put it there for those who might find it useful  :)

Ringo

Nice work Purple I am using it and am in the process of adding a column which identifies the bye round for all players.  Just a handy addition.  I am also looking at adding a couple of columns to record SC scores for rookies in NAB cup to assist in identifying the better rookies to play in round 1. (Pre Season Scores are not the be all and end all as we know but a good guide),

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on January 05, 2012, 03:40:41 PM
Nice work Purple I am using it and am in the process of adding a column which identifies the bye round for all players.  Just a handy addition.  I am also looking at adding a couple of columns to record SC scores for rookies in NAB cup to assist in identifying the better rookies to play in round 1. (Pre Season Scores are not the be all and end all as we know but a good guide),

Thats a good idea, i may have to do that myself  :)

theta

Ok, I'm not an excel guy, so stupid question time.
How do I enter players into their positions in my team so the formulas work and the $ add up?  I know it'll be simple so fire away.
Any help is appreciated.

Also, sorry if this has already been covered, but I notice some guys on bigfooty are taking snapshots of their SC interface to show the teams they're playing around with.  I thought this wasnt up and running yet.  Some have said something about Gold subscribers getting access to see the player prices etc.  I was a gold subscriber but ununsubscribed, and the site doesnt let you resubscribe.  Anyone have any updates/info on this?

Finally, anyone know of any updates on Grimlock's FFGenie?  Will there be a 2012 addition?

Thanks.

theta

Quote from: theta on January 05, 2012, 11:05:20 PM
Ok, I'm not an excel guy, so stupid question time.
How do I enter players into their positions in my team so the formulas work and the $ add up?  I know it'll be simple so fire away.
Any help is appreciated.

dont worry, finally got it figured.

ossie85

Quote from: theta on January 05, 2012, 11:05:20 PM
Also, sorry if this has already been covered, but I notice some guys on bigfooty are taking snapshots of their SC interface to show the teams they're playing around with.  I thought this wasnt up and running yet.  Some have said something about Gold subscribers getting access to see the player prices etc.  I was a gold subscriber but ununsubscribed, and the site doesnt let you resubscribe.  Anyone have any updates/info on this?

Finally, anyone know of any updates on Grimlock's FFGenie?  Will there be a 2012 addition?

Thanks.

Unlucky :( Think you're stuck until it opens for everybody

And no idea about the Genie

theta

The Team Selector has $10,000,000 starting cash - has this starting amount been confirmed?

ossie85

Quote from: theta on January 06, 2012, 10:04:35 PM
The Team Selector has $10,000,000 starting cash - has this starting amount been confirmed?

Yup. Always $10m in SC, and that's what is on SC Assistant

Impromptu

Great work with the spreadsheet.

I have referred it to a number of friends who love it!!

I tried it, but when you type: 1 for the first forward (for example Franklin), it shows Franklin for all forwards until you have as second forward. I think you need an 'if command', ie if lookup player is the same as the previous player then use a blank.  The reason why this occurs is because you use lookup (instead of vloopup) and it picks up the next best choice, which is Franklin, so Franklin gets repeated 9 times until you pick a second player.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but this is just feedback for improvements.

ossie85

Cheers impromptu, I agree :) At one point, I did have a sheet that did something like that, but it disappeared into the abyss lol