Adam Goodes/Sydney Swans

Started by nichsa673, January 02, 2012, 11:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Adam Goodes last year didn't start his year great. He ended averaging a lot more in the second half of the year. With that in mind, it would make sense to leave him out of your starting line up, and make him an upgrade target. But with sydney playing GWS first, does that make him as well as other sydney players as better starting lineup picks?

Adamant

I probs wont start with him as he is known to kill it in the second half of the year, he would be awesome for the partial lockout captain loophole tho.

Ringo

He will not be in my team from start but will be an upgrade target. However if you have him in your team from round 1 great VC option for Round 1 Captain loophole.

jasonweare

Looking at him as an upgrade. Have ROK in the forwards instead at the moment. But not locked.

enzedder

Quote from: jasonweare on January 03, 2012, 11:10:16 AM
Looking at him as an upgrade. Have ROK in the forwards instead at the moment. But not locked.
same and same

kilbluff1985

Goodes is now a lock in my team after looking at these stats barring injury easier draw compared to some

fivestarmd

He is a sure fire lock in my team. Can be frustrating at times though

miffysp

This man is a freak.
I'm not a fan of players on the wrong side 30 but he is a huge exception

cortez

How close are tbese projected totals hinestly how can it predict what someone is going to do in 6 months time?

CrowsFan

Those projected scores give him an average for the year of 128.8!
Except for the game against Collingwood every single projected score is higher than his average against that club! In a perfect world he would score that each week, but this world is not perfect so he will not be that consistent with his scoring.

ubeaut

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on February 03, 2012, 09:25:44 PM
Goodes is now a lock in my team after looking at these stats barring injury easier draw compared to some

Wow where'd ya get those stats!? I like Goodes too despite his run of lower first half of season scores. Only Gaz and Buddy better but he is the most complete player. Can play anywhere. Age not slowing him down much. Still one of the fastest at the Swans. A freak.

Ziplock

* the fastest swan

from memory he still leads on the track...  :o

theta

Goodes never ceases to amaze.  I couldnt believe it when I heard last season he was faster than rohan and jetta, so I did some checking around and found it was true. 

I wonder how long this guy is gonna be around for? +350?  What a freak.

Ziplock

I reckon he's still got until 2015 before he starts to slow down tbh.

5+ years until he retires, barring injury *touch wood*

one of my favourite players lol, what a champ.

theta

Quote from: Ziplock on February 04, 2012, 06:31:25 PM
I reckon he's still got until 2015 before he starts to slow down tbh.

5+ years until he retires, barring injury *touch wood*

one of my favourite players lol, what a champ.
I hope so - 5 years would put him up around the 380 game mark.

RE sc, I always avoid him each year until the last 8 rounds or so, but the early sydney draw is making me reconsider.