Main Menu

rate me

Started by cozza123, January 02, 2012, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

I am doing some Investigation too on a different Ruck Strategy as to whether it will work.

You probably need either another Mid or Def premium  to counter lower Ruck Scores.  Do not mind the strategy but you need to have that Plan B in case Rookie Rucks don't fire.

Watch rookies pre season and select best available for your team and players that are named eg Docherty may not be in Round 1 team due to injury.  You probably have 14 Keepers in the Team so you need to just juggle the rest as the season progresses.

cozza123

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Enright, H. Shaw, R. Conca, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, L. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Docherty, N. Haynes (D. Pfeiffer, D. Shiel)
RUC: B. Longer, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, S. Johnson, D. Martin, J. Cameron, S. Kerridge (B. Smedts, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $82,100

alex87

G'day Cozza

Here's my 2 cents

Backs: Good. Clarke may not be in the Pies best 22, though i'm half expecting him to play a similar Leon Davis role so it could be a winner. Conca, Ellis are defiantly ones to watch in the NAB.

Mids: Solid

Rucks: Longer I don’t see getting much of a run with The Berger in such good form. He's still really young too, maybe in a few years. Giles and Stephenson will be solid picks but without a proven ruckman I think you may struggle.

Forwards: Fyfe is still recovering from his post season surgery and is on a restricted training so may be an upgrade target till he gets back into form. Johnson I believe is on similar restrictions. I know Chappy is having a awesome preseason, he could be goer! MPP too.

cheers
alex87

miffysp

Also docherty is missing games at the start of the season. He will be a better downgrade target just like Patton.
Over all I must admit I'm not a huge fan of this squad. Maybe a 6/10. But that's only my opinion

cozza123

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Enright, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, K. Stevens (D. Pfeiffer, B. McKenzie)
RUC: J. Giles, O. Stephenson (J. Redden, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, A. Kennedy (A. Treloar, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $22,10

Jervz999

I would reconsider your rucks for sure, and also your midfield. In rnd 12 collingwood, geelong and freo have a bye.

DCAK

Bad. You will lose. You cannot expect to skimp so hard in the ruck and win any games it's that simple, yes, you may make a tonne of coin for upgrades, but by the time you do that you'll probably already be out of contention for the finals. Get onto at least 1 x prem ruck (and a mid rick to go with him). 4/10.

Hippo

Quote from: DCAK on January 23, 2012, 10:35:11 PM
Bad. You will lose. You cannot expect to skimp so hard in the ruck and win any games it's that simple, yes, you may make a tonne of coin for upgrades, but by the time you do that you'll probably already be out of contention for the finals. Get onto at least 1 x prem ruck (and a mid rick to go with him). 4/10.
It's better a team than that dog shower you served up with your Uniques.

For the 4 rucks to work the money really has to be spent spot on in other areas. You need another gun in your Fwds and minimize your other risks in waters and fyfe

dmac07

Very brave, could pay off, but I doubt it. A little bit of uniqueness is good, but difference just for the sake of it is too much. Would downgrade waters and christensen (why do people have that guy?) to rookies and get a premium in your rucks, any of mumford, sandi, goldy, luenb and so on.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: cozza123 on January 23, 2012, 08:56:41 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Enright, D. Heppell, B. Waters, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, K. Stevens (D. Pfeiffer, B. McKenzie)
RUC: J. Giles, O. Stephenson (J. Redden, T. Derickx)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, A. Kennedy (A. Treloar, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $22,10

Ok First of all i would not use this ruck strategy, heck i wont even use the 1 premium 3 rooks strategy, but that said ill rate the team with an open mind.

DEF: downgrade buntine to a 104k rook there will be one that scores close to buntine if not the same and will make the same cash. Otherwise solid great picks, make sure waters in looking the goods in nab cup or consider grimes, conca or lake, personally i would go conca or even a rook and again bank the money.

MID: very deep 4 premiums plus barlow is a great midfield by most standards.

RUCK: terrible ( you know this) what has to happen here is 2 of the 4 have to be playing every week (can alternate) and have to score well enough not to lose you too many points to the teams with 2 premium rucks. (my prediction 2 rooks will make 40 - 80 points less per round that 2 premiums). This means you need too have 2 premiums on the field elsewhere that otehr teams cant afford as they have paid for thier 2 premium rucks. One of these is in your midfield but i cant see another clear player over most other teams that will make up the points, so i think this ruck overall will cost you 20 -40 points per round.

FWD: solid nice line.

So my advice and i know what your trying to do with the rucks but i dont htink it will work, is - downgrade buntine and waters and upgrade to at a premium ruck.

good luck. not an aweful team at all.

DCAK

Quote from: Hippo on January 23, 2012, 10:41:47 PM
Quote from: DCAK on January 23, 2012, 10:35:11 PM
It's better a team than that dog shower you served up with your Uniques.

Hippo, Hippo, Hippo.... I was just injecting some comedy into the forum with that team. Don't you like it?

PICCOLLO

Quote from: dmac07 on January 23, 2012, 11:01:52 PM
Very brave, could pay off, but I doubt it. A little bit of uniqueness is good, but difference just for the sake of it is too much. Would downgrade waters and christensen (why do people have that guy?) to rookies and get a premium in your rucks, any of mumford, sandi, goldy, luenb and so on.

Christensen is a gun whose avg last year was skewed by sub appearances.  Have you seen him play?  He is a star. 

PICCOLLO

Re: 4 rucks.  Im not sure there will be 2-3 rookie rucks that will pull a 'zac smith' and avg the 80 needed to pay off.  Give it a go if ur keen but history suggests it wont work and ull be chasing tail most of the year.

cozza123

EAM NAME: Wolfpack
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, M. Priddis, D. Shiel, K. Stevens (D. Pfeiffer, B. McKenzie)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, M. Robinson, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, A. Kennedy (A. Treloar, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $12,000

lozza63

Hi cozza.
Bacs: I see a reasonably strong premium line there - Heppell could well be the Fyfe/Martin of 2012 - looks good enough. Jed mmm as long as he stays healthy why not? Certainly he is capable of averaging 95+. I am finding the backs so hard to really feel comfortable with - frustrating.
Mids: very very nice
Rucs: i am flirting with this 1-3 strategy currently - gee do you think the big man can repeat 2011?
Fwds: First three are fine - Robbo is very interesting here - i rate his progress so far. Christo - just being a little too "lauded" for a kid with 16 games under his belt for my liking - not saying he cant - just feel we have 10 forwards ahead of him so may need an upgrade? As purely a small forward represents too much risk - if he is ready for mid time then perhaps he'll prove me wrong and score 90 per game.

Fair side - although perhaps a couple of "punts" too many.