Main Menu

Jed Adcock

Started by DT-SC, January 02, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT-SC

my first time posting something and would appreicate some feedback, posted this on dttalk a while back but thought i would on here aswell

from rounds 1-10 he averaged 96 but when merret was injured in r.11 he took on a more defensive role due to the lack of merret, staker and drummond( i know he rebounds) for the next 6 rounds he didnt play his normal attacking role and he averaged a bit under 50 when staker returned in r.18 and drummond a couple weeks later , he was released to play like the gun he is. for the remaining 6 rounds he averaged 87.5
so not counting the 6 weeks when he was playing a lock down role he averaged 91.75
I can see him averaging this much if not more next year, with the inclusion of docherty he may FINALLY be given the chance to play in the midfield, as long as all his fellow defenders are fit that is.

Tex-Factor

unfortunately one of the problems with adcock is his own inabilty to put together a full season...

kilbluff1985

docherty having hip surgery also i think and wont be ready for start of season

DT-SC

yeh docherty may not be back by r.1 but merret will be and adcock will play his dt friendly brand of footy and imo will average over 90.
another positive is that the only other dt relevant defenders he shares his bye with are lake and waters,
good point about his durability but i think he will be good for next year by what i hear of his preseason.
practically a LOCK in my backline along with Deledio and Goddard

jasonweare

Quote from: DT-SC on January 02, 2012, 05:22:43 PM
yeh docherty may not be back by r.1 but merret will be and adcock will play his dt friendly brand of footy and imo will average over 90.
another positive is that the only other dt relevant defenders he shares his bye with are lake and waters,
good point about his durability but i think he will be good for next year by what i hear of his preseason.
practically a LOCK in my backline along with Deledio and Goddard

In my back line at the moment as well. Along with deledio, goddard and shaw

Ringo

Both Docherty and Drummond are training with the Rehab group at Brisbane at the Moment.  However I can see Adcock  still playing more of his traditional role and increase his SC scoring. Depends whether Brisbane use Lisle forward or back as well.

pyronerd

He is definitely a risk that could pay off, I think he will increase his average this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he averages around 95, I'll be considering him strongly myself

Colliwobblers

he played several rounds last year with a broken finger so should have averaged a bit higher, i think that dip in his output put a lot of us off but i don't think it is justified, still once bitten twice shy he will be an upgrade target for me along with scotland and the best hawk at the time.

Gooner

He's definitely an option, but I won't be selecting him.  I don't think he'll end up in the top seven defenders and he's not priced low enough to be a good mid-pricer.

Despite a restricted pre-season, I think Drummond offers superior value. 

littlefreddy

I would stay away from Adcock.  I got sucked in by some good early form last year before inconsistency crept into his game.  Once bitten twice shy for mine.  Although he did average just over 90 last year due to some early big scores. I can't believe people are considering Drummond.  The guys held together by sticky tape.

theta

He was great last season but his history of injury still weighs heavily.

Ringo

It is amazing how when a player has a bad season with injury he is classified as injury prone.  Jed had a season ending injuries in 2010 and 2006.  For the seasons 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 he only missed a combined total of 7 games.  Problem last year that with Season ending injury to Merrett and Drummonds short lived comeback his role changed out of necessity and even with change still averaged 90 SC points whilst playing 20 games.
Under consideration for D4 in my team as Brisbane have Strengthened this area with Docherty, Lisle can play back and also have  McKeever back on Rookie list who can be promoted in case of LTI so I can see him possibly back to his running best. 90 point average for D4 not the worst.

Cruiseon

Quote from: Gooner on January 10, 2012, 04:11:47 PM
He's definitely an option, but I won't be selecting him.  I don't think he'll end up in the top seven defenders and he's not priced low enough to be a good mid-pricer.

Despite a restricted pre-season, I think Drummond offers superior value.

Drummond? Facepalm.

Purple 77

Drummond injured again? Oh dear.......

I loved adcock on my team! Forgot if it was 2010 or 11, but i could always rely on him to deliver the goods week in, week out.......... until he gets injured...... so if he remains injury free, i think he is a good pick