updated team

Started by Footyrulz, January 02, 2012, 11:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footyrulz

This is my first crack at a team for 2012.

Ive gone a 'no risk' rookies and guns approach. Last season I went with bargains and it didnt really work.

My rookies are just there for now. Ill probabaly change them alot after the pre season.

So here it is:

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Greg Broughton, Tim Golds, Tim Mohr, Lee Spurr
Nathan Blee, Beau Wilkes

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Luke Hodge, Dayne Zorko, Luke Brown
James McDonald, Tom Mitchell

Aaron Sandilands, Jarryd Roughead
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Ryan O'Keefe, Dayne Beams, Stephen Clifton, Darren Pfeiffer, Tommy Walsh
Tory Dickson, Sam Rowe

Purple 77

That isn't bad at all.

But there is a couple IMO that i think are better cheap options, such as instead of say, Lee Spurr, maybe Sam Docherty, who is a MPP (Back/Mid) and a high draft pick. But i suppose you, and anyone, cant stack up positions with players from the same team.

Thats one pretty fine looking midfield, but im not too acquainted with luke brown. But thats not saying he isn't a bargain that i havent heard of. Again you cant stack up players from the same positions, but, although expensive, stephen cogniglio is a safe bet IMO, or essendon's elliot kavanagh

Nice Rucks.

Haven't really heard of Tory Dickson, but again he could be a bargain i havent heard of yet. There is a player that, if named round 1, will definitely be on my team. He is Tom Couch from melbourne, who was rookie drafted. An MPP (Mid/For) who is 23 or 24 years old who can step straight into melbournes team. He isn't listed in m0ntys fanplanner as a forward, but he is as well as a midfielder and he is very cheap, in the 90k range.

DC2011

Backline looks good, maybe if you have enough money leftover you can get one of those rookies to go up to marty clarke. midfield looks really good, similar set up to mine with the 4 strong 100+ point scorers. rucks look good and could come in handy with the roughead swap to rowe and the forward line is alright, just a risk playing the 3 rookies, same with the defence. 8.5/10 because of the 3 rookies playing in defence and forward :)

Footyrulz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 02, 2012, 12:03:09 PM
That isn't bad at all.

But there is a couple IMO that i think are better cheap options, such as instead of say, Lee Spurr, maybe Sam Docherty, who is a MPP (Back/Mid) and a high draft pick. But i suppose you, and anyone, cant stack up positions with players from the same team.

Thats one pretty fine looking midfield, but im not too acquainted with luke brown. But thats not saying he isn't a bargain that i havent heard of. Again you cant stack up players from the same positions, but, although expensive, stephen cogniglio is a safe bet IMO, or essendon's elliot kavanagh

Nice Rucks.

Haven't really heard of Tory Dickson, but again he could be a bargain i havent heard of yet. There is a player that, if named round 1, will definitely be on my team. He is Tom Couch from melbourne, who was rookie drafted. An MPP (Mid/For) who is 23 or 24 years old who can step straight into melbournes team. He isn't listed in m0ntys fanplanner as a forward, but he is as well as a midfielder and he is very cheap, in the 90k range.
Thanks very much for the comment.

Footy tragic and superfooty advised to get brown and dickson.

Apparently dochety is injured. Considering kavangah but want mitchell and mcdonald.

Any thoughts on premiums or sucture?

Footyrulz

Quote from: DC2011 on January 02, 2012, 12:11:19 PM
Backline looks good, maybe if you have enough money leftover you can get one of those rookies to go up to marty clarke. midfield looks really good, similar set up to mine with the 4 strong 100+ point scorers. rucks look good and could come in handy with the roughead swap to rowe and the forward line is alright, just a risk playing the 3 rookies, same with the defence. 8.5/10 because of the 3 rookies playing in defence and forward :)
Thanks very much. Rookies are a worry but dont have cash to upgrade (got 8,000).

Clarke is a good option if i can afford but will he play well after a 2 year spell?

Purple 77

I think your premiums are fine, no real need to change, unless you wanted to upgrade cheapies.

Structure wise, im a bit concerned with the three rookies in forward line and back line like DC said. If you were willing to take a couple of risks, even with the no risk approach, you could downgrade Beams or O'keefe to Jonathon Brown, who has declared he has never been so fit. He is a bit under 400k. With money made, you could upgrade a cheapie to Jason Porplyzia, who i think is around 200k.

You could downgrade broughton to jack grimes and use the money made to upgrade a cheapie. Maybe to someone like James Sellar. Im not too keen on him, but a new club who has said he will step straight in could do him good.

The second suggestion sounds dodge, but could work, whereas i know i will be getting porpus and JB.

Footyrulz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 02, 2012, 12:29:37 PM
I think your premiums are fine, no real need to change, unless you wanted to upgrade cheapies.

Structure wise, im a bit concerned with the three rookies in forward line and back line like DC said. If you were willing to take a couple of risks, even with the no risk approach, you could downgrade Beams or O'keefe to Jonathon Brown, who has declared he has never been so fit. He is a bit under 400k. With money made, you could upgrade a cheapie to Jason Porplyzia, who i think is around 200k.

You could downgrade broughton to jack grimes and use the money made to upgrade a cheapie. Maybe to someone like James Sellar. Im not too keen on him, but a new club who has said he will step straight in could do him good.

The second suggestion sounds dodge, but could work, whereas i know i will be getting porpus and JB.
Brown looks alright, but im not too keen on any other bargains.

The problem is: if u get 1 bargain, then u have to get another.  Its either 2 bargains, or 1 premium and 1 rookie.

I think ill stick with the rookies cause my plan is to build up as the season goes on.

I will use 8 trades for upgrades on my 8 rookies, 8 trades for downgrades to get money, and 8 injury/emergency trades.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Footyrulz

after reading the afl prospectus, i have re thought my line up.

i have gone with just premiums and rookies but that will probably change after the pre season. i just want to wait and see how the bargains like porplizia go in pre season.

Superteam Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by Footyrulz. Salary cap left: $25,600.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Nathan Bock, Greg Broughton, Lee Spurr, Sam Darley, Steven Morris
Jackson Allen, Nathan Blee

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, David Mundy, Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Tom Mitchell

Shane Mumford, Aaron Sandilands
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dayne Beams, Dustin Martin, Darren Pfeiffer, Curtly Hampton, Tommy Walsh
Matthew Panos, Sam Rowe

thank u for any thoughts in advance. :)

Sabretooth Tigers

Love it, but have a preference for Birchall over Bock. Given good rookies anything is possible. Cheers.

lozza63

Hey frulz

Yeah very nice side - just read that Mundy was not yet back with the main group (BF freo board training thread) - some set back requiring further surgery. Just check his progress.

Footyrulz

thanks very much guys. will track mundy and fyfe over pre season.

any reaon for birchall over bock?? i chose bock for his great form at the end of the season. he averaged about 110 over the last 5 games.

u might know somethin that i dont though. :)

MyPies

Bock out for first two games the silly B.
Quote from: Footyrulz on January 26, 2012, 08:19:57 PM

any reaon for birchall over bock?? i chose bock for his great form at the end of the season. he averaged about 110 over the last 5 games.

Bock out for the first two games the silly B..

Footyrulz

Quote from: MyPies on January 26, 2012, 10:48:32 PM
Bock out for first two games the silly B.
Quote from: Footyrulz on January 26, 2012, 08:19:57 PM

good point! i forgot about that! i will get shaw if i can afford him.
Bock out for the first two games the silly B..