Zac Smith

Started by chaosAD, January 01, 2012, 10:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

Anyone considering this bloke ? He is a star in the making and scored great last year until he got a bit tired late in the year

chaosAD

Obviously no one is keen, might be a good unique that averages 90 thanks

CuStArDaRm

could do worse but dont think he will be a prem, obviously will improve as the team does, he has gun written all over him. Pass this season

Colliwobblers

i had him then i didnt have him im not sure on smith lots of upside and for me if i dont go two premium rucks it will be out of him and hmac for my second spot. He could tear it up or average 80ish which will cost me points every week on dual premium teams

lolrocket

Will definitely be our 1st choice ruck for years and years to come considering he averaged 70-odd in his first year when Cox, Sandi etc. all averaged around 40 or 50.
Don't see him improving too much THIS year though. Although I'd still take him over HMac...

Nails

Quote from: chaosAD on January 01, 2012, 11:39:47 PM

Come off it, your thread was less than an hour old... just waitttt.

ronl

Currently pencilled in as my second ruck in both SC and DT.  Pretty confident this kid will mature a lot faster than we think.

Chopps

Quote from: lolrocket on January 02, 2012, 04:06:15 AM
Will definitely be our 1st choice ruck for years and years to come considering he averaged 70-odd in his first year when Cox, Sandi etc. all averaged around 40 or 50.
Don't see him improving too much THIS year though. Although I'd still take him over HMac...

i dont think the fact he out scored cox or sandi in dt in their first years has much to do with it. different situations, cox and sandi would of had established rucks where as smith had frazer.

i think he will lift his average but not enough to warrant selection

AFL Babble

Well, if he lifts at all - he's value. History would suggest that any work he does in the gym in his second pre-season won't be enough to make much of a difference to his output. That being said - few ruckman have started their careers as brightly.

Working greatly in his favour is the lack of a better option in the GC list. Few ruckman in the history of the game will have gotten as much game-time in the Seniors as this kid is about to. This makes him a unique unit.

I'm tipping he'll go up 5 points in average as a result of simply having a better fitness base. As a result, I'm considering him as a conservative pick as second or third ruck. A 2/3 combo of him and Hamish makes sense to me in theory, but it is VERY early days still.

http://www.facebook.com/AFLBabble

bowyanger

Quote from: ronl on January 02, 2012, 08:41:05 AM
Currently pencilled in as my second ruck in both SC and DT.  Pretty confident this kid will mature a lot faster than we think.

+1

elephants

Quote from: Nails on January 02, 2012, 08:08:02 AM
Quote from: chaosAD on January 01, 2012, 11:39:47 PM

Come off it, your thread was less than an hour old... just waitttt.
Yeah hahaha and you posted late at night. Many of us are probably asleep  by 11:30PM.

pavs nose

The other thing people need to bear in mind is that he is a 22 year old going into his second season, not an 18/19 year old going into his second season. i really want to pick him but have poo in my pants. he also takes a nice mark and can slot a few goals. maybe he could add 10 goals to last years tally?

He seemed really confident at afl level for a 1st year player and that should only increase with improved strength and fitness.

As I'm trying something different and using mid price rucks for my starting combo will be 2 of smith/mcintosh/kruezer. not a common strategy it seems but im loading my fwd lind with fwd/mids and spending alot of cash in the mids/backs aswell

lordy9

has anyone seen doctor dreamteams team he has zac smith as one of his ruckman which is a big move what are your thoughts on how he will go? :o

Windigo

I dunno. Could go either way really.

Presto

Dr DT record is abominable,

If DR DT has him, you can be certain that he will be a flop