How much midfield time for Martin?

Started by nichsa673, January 01, 2012, 09:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrician

Darwin was indeed where our season went bad last year. It all went wrong at that point.  :( Oh and there was that bus trip silliness due to the ash cloud. What a year....least we've ditched Darwin now.

With Martin, my concern is his consistency. There was a large patch last year (5 games in a row, now I look) where he didn't score over 75. Yes, he finished strongly, but from my perspective that's just inflated his 2012 price.

There are some other players who may present better value as starting picks. I think Martin will deflate a bit in price and then I will swoop.

One definate positive is that as far as "Round 13 Bye Forwards" he is by far the best pick after Buddy (Some may say Rioli but Martin hasn't got hammy issues).

Impromptu

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 02, 2012, 11:20:13 PM
do any of you guys know how you can upgrade from a bootstudder. I feel like a loser.

LOL - test - I think I'm a bootstudder too..

diddley

Quote from: Patrician on January 03, 2012, 09:57:33 AM

Give us a few years and we'll be fine. Just have to iron out some of the kinks....

sorry mate, but thats what the tigers have been saying for a decade now. remember the excitement that surrounded ben cousins arrival? things were going to change then too, and now ben has been retired for a while now. missed that boat too.

ubeaut

There are three things putting me off Dustin Martin.

1. How much midfield time will he actually get? Deledio and Conca are already all but guaranteed to go in there. Then there's Foley, Cotchin, Jackson, Grigg, Webberly, Batchelor and even Newman has been training up the ground. Martin is great at half forward where he kicks goals.

2. Richmond have a tough draw first half of the season. This would surely affect his scores, particularly at half forward.

3. Everyone seems to have him. Could be a good P.O.D to leave him out and grab him when cheaper and their draw becomes softer.

A great player though and can score really well at times. Not sold on him yet. Anyone wanna convince me? 

meow meow

I dunno why everyone is jumping on him.

pewz

he is in the tiges top 3 midfielders he is an absolute beast.

its just a bonus he can rest forward and have such an impact

60% mid time minmum

lordy9

the time he spends in the foward line is basicaly the time u spend on the bench. about 80% midfield

nichsa673

he is worth getting because even though he may not pump out scores like an elite midfielder, he will be one of the highest averaging forwards bu the end of the year. a must IMO

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 30, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
he is worth getting because even though he may not pump out scores like an elite midfielder, he will be one of the highest averaging forwards bu the end of the year. a must IMO

+1

pavs nose

Good points ubeaut.definitely something to think about. I have him at present you are putting doubts in my mind

Wbdfan

Quote from: pewz on January 30, 2012, 05:40:04 PM
he is in the tiges top 3 midfielders he is an absolute beast.

its just a bonus he can rest forward and have such an impact

60% mid time minmum
+1 d.martin= BEAST!!!! no way will richmond want him anywhere but onfield
ive got him locked in

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on January 30, 2012, 05:26:59 PM
lol

'he'll be the best player in the competition'

ring a bell m2?

meow meow

Quote from: Ziplock on January 31, 2012, 02:51:01 PM
Quote from: meow meow on January 30, 2012, 05:26:59 PM
lol

'he'll be the best player in the competition'

ring a bell m2?

Haha, who the hell would say something like that? I recall them saying it when he had played only 5 games. What an idiot.

Ziplock

didn't they take him as a like a top 3 pick in the euros as well :P