How much midfield time for Martin?

Started by nichsa673, January 01, 2012, 09:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Everybody is saying that he is a lock for their teams, and I'm pretty sure tht he is for me too. But I am a little concerned about there draw before their bye. Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, Geelong, West Coast, Port, Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn, Saints, Carlton, GWS. That only 2 maybe 3 crap teams. What are your thought?

Virgil

Nice pick up.  Richmond's draw is considerably easier after their bye, but that being said, if Martin continues his DT development the way many are expecting, he'll be fully-priced by the time the bye comes around (especially with a game against GWS in Round 12).  I think if anything it means those that don't start with him will probably plan on bringing him in post Round 13 for the run home.

coolfugitiv0

It's not so much his draw that people are thinking about, but more his DPP status.
Martin spends a decent amount of time in the midfield could very well be one of the best scoring forwards in 2012.

diddley

the main disadvantage for martin is, that because he plays for richmond, he cant play against them, decreasing the amount of crap teams he can play in 2012.

nichsa673

do any of you guys know how you can upgrade from a bootstudder. I feel like a loser.

Ziplock

100 posts will upgrade you :P

500 psots for 2 stars, 1000 for 3, 2500 for 4 :P

Master Q

Quote from: nichsa673 on January 02, 2012, 11:20:13 PM
do any of you guys know how you can upgrade from a bootstudder. I feel like a loser.
100 posts  ;)

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: diddley on January 02, 2012, 11:18:29 PM
the main disadvantage for martin is, that because he plays for richmond, he cant play against them, decreasing the amount of crap teams he can play in 2012.

Haha. That actually made me lol.
But to be fair, Rockliff did pretty well considering his teams finish on the ladder, and then there's GAJ. But he's in a league of his own so maybe he doesn't count.

coconut52

hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah best comment i have ever seen on the entire website

Patrician

Well played  >:(

Give us a few years and we'll be fine. Just have to iron out some of the kinks....

As for me, Martin is an upgrade target. I agree that the early draw is tough and he'll be a better pickup after Round 13 (or there abouts).

Torress

mate we are getting a bloke who plays in the guts ( and does it well), kicks goals and awsome disposal. oh and he is a forward???!! his draw does not phase me he is a gun. locked in a safe at the bottom of the atlantic

Patrician

Oh come on, he's not Chuck Norris  :P

Torress

bloody chuck norris! i'd jacky chan his ass lol

scotty_222

i think he will be a lock from the start.
we all know how hard it was to get good forwards last year

Colliwobblers

comeon don't be harsh Richmond play well enough just not in Darwin?? not going to forget that one in a hurry i bet.

As for Martin I was not dols on him last year but saw this prediction coming, I've locked him in for round 1 this year. The draw will be tough sure but what draw isn't yough when your Richmond ...boom.

But seriously they will/are improving and Martin is coming on nicely he will score well above his initial cost in my opinion and be a keeper, maybe a break out success maybe a great pick but at worst a good pick for the coin and a likely keeper.

Upgrades for me are more like the Johnson(GUN),Goodes(late bloomer), Beams & Chapman - (wait and see if they fire)