2nd Crack, Massively improved Team

Started by jamesalex, January 01, 2012, 07:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesalex

Hi,

Team 23rd Jan

Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $-21,700.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, Sam Darley
Steven Morris, Billie Smedts

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Darren Pfeiffer
Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown

Shane Mumford, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton
Dayne Zorko, Tom Couch

Updated team 1st Feb:

Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $2,400.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Brandon Ellis, Sam Darley
Jack Hombsch, Billie Smedts

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Darren Pfeiffer, Dylan Shiel
Luke Brown, Tom Mitchell

Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton
Dayne Zorko, Tom Couch

Cheers, what are your thoughts?

Ringo

Solid Team
I would downgrade N Roo and look at any Jack Watts, David Hale, Nicoski, or Varcoe as suggested replacement.  You may even wish to downgrade him to a rookie and upgrade elsewhere.
Also be aware that Docherty may miss early games due to Hip surgery.

Solid team with plenty to work worth.

jamesalex

Quote from: Ringo on January 01, 2012, 10:42:18 PM
Solid Team
I would downgrade N Roo and look at any Jack Watts, David Hale, Nicoski, or Varcoe as suggested replacement.  You may even wish to downgrade him to a rookie and upgrade elsewhere.
Also be aware that Docherty may miss early games due to Hip surgery.

Solid team with plenty to work worth.

Thanks Ringo, what do you think about:

Riewoldt to Tomlinson (gives me DPP with Smeldts)
Lake to Enright
With $7,700 in the bank.

Footyrulz

Good solid team but too many bargan risks for me.

Mabye 2 downgrades to rookies and then upgrade in midfield and/or forward.

jamesalex

Ringo

Like your updated team - Lots of flexibility with DPP as well.

jamesalex

Uh.. Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $16,600.

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, David Mundy, Stephen Clifton, Darren Pfeiffer
Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Curtly Hampton, Adam Treloar
Dayne Zorko, Tom Couch

Thoughts Please? I think the forward line is a little weak in that I'm playing 3 rookies. That can be rectified however by downgrading Mundy to Barlow, or downgrading McEvoy to Kreuzer. Should I do that or keep the structure how it is?

Cheers

ben_020285

Great looking team James, or is it Alex?

Backs: Great. I think Broughton could turn out to be a good pick this year and if Lake plays well during NAB then he will be a lock for all coaches.

Mids: Awesome. I reckon you should free up some coin and downgrade Mundy to Barlow. Their averages will be similar, Barlow's may be even higher I reckon.

Rucks: Not too bad. Both Leuey and McEvoy will average 100+ this year no doubt. By freeing up some cash you could look to upgrade.

Fwds: I'd look to Fyfe as an upgrade target due to his interrupted pre-season. Maybe swap him for Pavlich?

I think you'll have roughly $155k left so I'd look to upgrade your rucks. Bring in Mumford or Sandi for McEvoy. Then you'll have around 100k in hand which is invaluable to bring in that must have player early in the season.

PICCOLLO

Your instincts are right, your fwd line is too weak.  Get another premium in there and loose Fyfe too.
The rest is good.

Jervz999

Quote from: PICCOLLO on January 23, 2012, 07:59:18 PM
Your instincts are right, your fwd line is too weak.  Get another premium in there and loose Fyfe too.
The rest is good.

Why lose Fyfe? The blokes a gun!

jamesalex

Thanks for the great advice, I didn't know about Fyfe, will track him throughout the pre-season. I agree the forward line is too weak, but the only way to to really improve it is to:

A. Downgrade McEvoy/Leuenberger to a mid-pricer and then get Porplyzia.

or

B. Downgrade McEvoy/Leunberger to a mid-pricer, and downgrade Mundy to Barlow.

Thoughts?

jamesalex

Updated team by the way, took advice on board:

Uh.. Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by jamesalex. Salary cap left: $-21,700.

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Darren Pfeiffer
Dylan Shiel, Luke Brown

Dayne Zorko, Tom Couch

Ringo

Like this final team and you have to find $22k somewhere to fall below Salary Cap. This may be with final rookie selection following NAB Cup.

Can not really fault your prems.  This is just an opinion, I am targeting Franklin as an upgrade given Hawks tough early draw with first 2 games against Geelong and Collingwood who he traditionally does not score well against.

jamesalex

Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2012, 11:06:51 PM
Like this final team and you have to find $22k somewhere to fall below Salary Cap. This may be with final rookie selection following NAB Cup.

Can not really fault your prems.  This is just an opinion, I am targeting Franklin as an upgrade given Hawks tough early draw with first 2 games against Geelong and Collingwood who he traditionally does not score well against.

Thanks Ringo for the advice, if i'm struggling to find any cash i'll downgrade Buddy but at the moment it just does'nt feel right not having him!

Ringo

Bear in mind as I have said in a couple of posts Buddy has a tough draw early including teams he struggles against so maybe target him as an upgrade target.  I am taking this risk myself and not including Buddy initially in my team.