Just a little hand for a pal...

Started by elephants, January 01, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Hey lads.
Who is the best backmen for less than $445,100?

The rest of my backline...
Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, _______, Morris, Ellis, Smedts
(Mohr, Wilkes)

Thoughts, thanks all.

Tom_16

Heppel or birchall would be my best bet. Not quite sure who to go with out of those two just yet. Surely heppel would have to improve his avg of 83.5 up towards (or above) 90 wouldn't he?

elephants

I'm generally pretty wary of the second year blues. I'd see his average sliding a little but that's just me. I'm looking at going a little more el cheapo on my back rookies to generate the 9k for Enright. Thoughts on him?

kilbluff1985

Puopolo, Bret Thornton or Shaun Burgoyne i dunno it's a tough price bracket

Fyfe_gun

Tom_16

Personally i dont like enright. I had him all last year and he fustrated the hell out of me. He had a streak of 7 or 8 games without a ton i think and i'm pretty sure he only scored 4 or 5 tons which isn't enough for a player who averages 92. The only other premium i would consider is birchall (who i previously mentioned) The round 13 bye could be a slight issue but he is pretty solid and consistant.

elephants

Thanks Tom I'll look into it.

Why FG? Wanna explain or are you happy to throw some trolling comments in between what I believe is some really fantastic work you do on here?

Jukes

Chopps

tough question, i ll get back to you when i have answered the question.

right now i am considering a mid pricer/fallen premo

BGK

I have to agree with FG (although not his trolling method). Personally I think you have one too many rookie's on the field. I'm also not sure about Shaw this coming year, I can see him returning to a more defensive player with the absence of Davis. He will still score well, just perhaps not as well as he has this year when he was released onto a wing more often then past years. Most people see Marty Clarke filling Davis role but I'm not convinced he will with so long out of the game.

EvilRabbit

Thoughts on injury-prone Drummond???
If he stays fit, he could do really well. He also has the round 11 bye, which few other quality defenders have.

Chopps

Quote from: EvilRabbit on January 01, 2012, 12:18:06 PM
Thoughts on injury-prone Drummond???
If he stays fit, he could do really well. He also has the round 11 bye, which few other quality defenders have.

you said it perfectly

elephants

Quote from: bestguykai on January 01, 2012, 11:23:50 AM
I have to agree with FG (although not his trolling method). Personally I think you have one too many rookie's on the field. I'm also not sure about Shaw this coming year, I can see him returning to a more defensive player with the absence of Davis. He will still score well, just perhaps not as well as he has this year when he was released onto a wing more often then past years. Most people see Marty Clarke filling Davis role but I'm not convinced he will with so long out of the game.
Thanks BGK.
I've decided to go 'el cheapo' on my backline to allow me to stack the rest of my team. If I bring in someone like Heppell I don't think it's too weak.
4 guns, 3 rookies in the backs then 4 and two in the kids 2 guns in the ruck, 5 and 2 in the fwds.
Thanks for the feedback though man.

Chopps

elephants any concern on 2nd year blues for heppel?

Presto

How about B Lake, he is much cheaper ($255,200), and expected to get back to his 2010 average (99.77).
A bit of a risk, but I think worth it.