How Many GWS Players?

Started by kilbluff1985, December 31, 2011, 04:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Was wondering what the guide line on how many GWS players is to many i cant stop myself picking at least 10 was wondering how many most people will have in there team i like the GWS rookies as they have better job security then the other rookies for obvious reasons.

Roy.G.Biv

IMHO, 10 is way too much!
Personally, I have 4-5 atm- a number I am comfortable with.

jimmytigs

10 lol-shiel giles & mcdonald,cant see too many others coming up on my radar.But im ignoring all 1st round draftpicks after last years fantasy lemons(heppell & swallow aside).Really no defender has taken my eye,niether has a forward,for any more than 3 someone will have to really show the goods in the preseason

kilbluff1985

Yeah i'm mainly filling rookie spots with GWS as cant see who else will get games hence why i guess everyones rookies will change during preseason and round 1 and 2 think it starts in round 3

enzedder

Around 5-6 I think would be okay if they are spread over the ground.

Ringo

When finalising my team I will be looking at the best performed rookies in the NAB cup who will be playing from Round 1.
If that means 5/6 from GWS so be it but the aim will be to have them cashed out prior to Round 11 Bye out so I am left with a structure 8/11/11 for bye rounds. (GWS has bye in Round 11 and at the moment I can see maybe a definite lock in McDonald if he performs with others under consideration based on pre-season Due to ruck my Ruck Structure Giles will be a keeper if not upgraded as well. )

c4v3m4n

IMO, here are the list of GWS players you should keep your eye on pre-season:

Buntine
Clifton
Coniglio
Davis
Giles
Hampton
Miles
McDonald
Mohr
Shiel
Tomlinson
Townsend

I wouldn't put more than 5 in as well.

Kuruki

I think 10 is too many. A large chunk of those guys are not going to get as many games as people think. They have way too many midfielders for them all to play the amount of footy we want them to. Ward Palmer Scully Reid. You would think these guys will be locks for round 1. So how many GWS rookies will be running out with them??

It's ok to pick more then your two round 11 bye players at first but you need to have some sort of strategy to get enough of them out before they become donuts. If they haven't made enough cash by round 11 then they will be wasted trades. Having 10 GWS rook's means u will have less chance of all your players making quick cash then say if you swapped four of them for guys like Zorko Kavanagh Mitchell Saad Morris Ellis etc.

elephants

I have 5 and even then i'm not super keen. I would prefer maybe 3.

SonsOfZeus

3-4 as others said depending on preseason.

my first side i think had 8 or so but i think its to many.

as for the byes and gws. i wouldnt take that to seriously as most of them will be traded out by then anyway.

meow meow

4INAROW

i have 4, 1 on each line and only mohr on the ground.

dswallow24

Well currently i have

Stephen Coniglio
Stephen Clifton
Dylan Shiel
Jon Giles
Jeremy Cameron
Adam Treloar

am i alright ?

Ringo

IMO It does not matter how many you have just so long as they are among the best performing rookies and suit your Team balance.  What you do have to rationalise though is whether you anticipate them being keepers or just cash cows,  If being keepers you will need to develop a strategy for byes and if using as cash cows they will need to be cashed in by Round 11 GWS bye.
Currently have 5 Mohr, Clifton, Treloar, Giles, McDonald. None are definite keepers but some maybe based on form and Giles will be if not upgraded due to my Ruck Structure.

dmac07

Anywhere from 3-6 should be fine I think. Just pick the best rookies available at the price, then worry about byes, mpp and everything else after that. If your not starting out with the best players and rookies your bye strategy isn't really going to matter too much. Personally right now I have 5, Clifton, Miles, Giles, Mohr and Treloar.