Is Leuenberger a risk?

Started by lolrocket, December 31, 2011, 01:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolrocket

With the standard rookie ruck combo of Stephenson and Giles, how much of a risk is it playing the berger?

With giles' rd. 11 bye combined with Leuenberger's this means that both the 2nd premium ruck and the 2nd rookie HAVE to play that week to avoid a donut. Frankly I don't see Stephenson as a sure thing in the Geelong line-up which is a shame considering I've been promising myself to get in Leuenberger ever since last season. If Stephenson's position in the side isn't locked up it pretty much means that everyone must either have their two premium rucks with a rd. 12 and 13 bye or not have Giles(which isn't really an option).

Ziplock

and hudsons potential impact on leuens scoring as well :P

footy4life

Completely forgot about Hudson :o really hope it won't hurt his scores too much. 

Off Tap

Hudson's effect on Luey is a bit overstated around here. The same happened in 2011 with Nic Nat and Coxy with the big fella coming out and smashing a 107 ave.

Hudson is a spud who didn't score once over a 100 in 2011. They have brought him into the side in case Luey falls over, not because he's going to ruck.

Luey will have a full preseason behind him and is hitting the age bracket where he will be in the peak range to hold his form for the whole year. In 2012 he will make more contests meaning more marks and more points.

I had to get him in when Sandi went down and he brained them in the last 8 games. He's the 1st guy I picked this year.

AA beckons for this bloke.

ronl

Well said, Off Tap, I agree 100%.

CuStArDaRm

hmmm....Yeh think leu is a good thing, dont know if i can bring myself not to have a sandi cox though...maby a cox=burger is the way to go!  :P

elephants

I'm thinking of leu/McEvoy or mummy/McEvoy.

Virgil

I don't really see what choice you have.  You're missing four players over three weeks, so you're going to be missing at least two players in a round somewhere.  With the lack of viable options in round 13 I'm thinking of going with two players missing in Round 11 and two missing in Round 12.

elephants

I think the point is Giles is a much safer bet than Stephenson to play let alone score well.

Ziplock

Quote from: Off Tap on December 31, 2011, 09:46:51 AM
Hudson's effect on Luey is a bit overstated around here. The same happened in 2011 with Nic Nat and Coxy with the big fella coming out and smashing a 107 ave.

I don't know. Cox's scores dropped 20 points in 2010, the first year that he shared games with Nic Nat... maybe he just fired in the 2011 pre-season so he could prolong his career? :P 

Off Tap

Quote from: Ziplock on December 31, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

I don't know. Cox's scores dropped 20 points in 2010, the first year that he shared games with Nic Nat... maybe he just fired in the 2011 pre-season so he could prolong his career? :P

True but Cox had a bad preseason in 2010 and carried a foot injury through the whole year.

elephants

He also had groin problems too tap if I remember correctly.

Kuruki

Football Factory

I dont normally take many risks... My Rucks ...Sandi,Luey (Orren, Giles)

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Off Tap on December 31, 2011, 08:35:24 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 31, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

Cox had a bad preseason and was no where near fit in 2010 which is why the smart people picked him up in 2011 from round 1; his preseason was the goods.

True but Cox had a bad preseason in 2010 and carried a foot injury through the whole year.