Hawks Nest 2012 - Phase 1

Started by Mr.Craig, December 29, 2011, 06:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Team Hawks Nest. 2011 Position - 6,111. Hoping to edge up to top 5,000 this season.

Backs - B.Goddard, H.Shaw, B.Deledio, A.Mackie, A.Selwood, A.Tomlinson, S.Docherty ( T.Mohr, L.Spurr )

Mids -  D.Swan, G.Ablett, J.Selwood, J.Ziebell, S.Coniglio, K.Horsely ( D.Shiel, J.McDonald )

Ruck -  M.Leuenberger, B.McEvoy ( J.Giles, O.Stephenson )

Fwds - L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, D.Menzel, J.Porplyzia, B.Smedts, A.Treloar ( D.Zorko, S.Kerridge )

$121,800 left. Thoughts?

ossie85

Not a huge fan of Mackie (does he have real potential?). Adam Selwood seems to have a different role and is getting older, given the Eagles success... not sure if they would change that

Only 3 proven forwards is a worry

Mr.Craig

Quote from: ossie85 on December 29, 2011, 07:49:03 PM

Not a huge fan of Mackie (does he have real potential?). Adam Selwood seems to have a different role and is getting older, given the Eagles success... not sure if they would change that

Only 3 proven forwards is a worry
Im not crazy about Mackie either ( or Shaw for that matter ) but I'm not exactly thrilled by the other options. I'd like to have Carazzo but that puts me in a tough spot with the byes. Birchall's probably the only other option I'm happy with. A.Selwood is just there to fill a spot really. Happy to hear an argument for better choices.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 29, 2011, 06:01:44 PM
Team Hawks Nest. 2011 Position - 6,111. Hoping to edge up to top 5,000 this season.

Backs - B.Goddard, H.Shaw, B.Deledio, A.Mackie, A.Selwood, A.Tomlinson, S.Docherty ( T.Mohr, L.Spurr )

Mids -  D.Swan, G.Ablett, J.Selwood, J.Ziebell, S.Coniglio, K.Horsely ( D.Shiel, J.McDonald )

Ruck -  M.Leuenberger, B.McEvoy ( J.Giles, O.Stephenson )

Fwds - L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, D.Menzel, J.Porplyzia, B.Smedts, A.Treloar ( D.Zorko, S.Kerridge )

$121,800 left. Thoughts?

DEF: I would go waters over selwood, and as you say birchall over mackie, if not enright or even suckling. first 3 are locks.
MID: Ziebell is an interesting choice i cant claim to know his potential so i'll leave that alone i went barlow for this position but obviously paid a chunk more.
RUCK: super byes work its all good.
FWD: first 3 are locks, Menzel?? again i cant claim to know his potential but i HEAR christensen is in for a great year and brown dog MAY have a top year also, great midfield the ball will go forward.... both about $30k more than menzel just not sure why him maybe you are :). porps is a bargain if he works out i have brown and christensen so thats enough midprices for any fwd line i think.

rookies all look like the right ones the popular ones we will see come march.

good guns and rooks team with a mid pricer thrown in on each line (except ruck) strong side.

My overall advice, turn selwood into a rook and turn menzel into a gun, i take it your keeping the cash for trades? or i would spend that too :) im not one for having much left in the kitty.

Kuruki

I like Ziebell but beware he has a 2 game suspension. I think it was Chook on the DT site who done an article of guys stats before they had a breakout year. After looking through some of the mid priced mids stats i think Jack Zieball is one of those on the cusp. Watched him play late last season and remember saying right then that i would pick him this year. he looked like he was ready to step up. Suspension had me change to Barlow but Nab cap form could change that again. If your mid rookies are playing then it wont be such a big deal to hold him for 2 games on the pine. Done similar with Petrie last year and it worked out fine.

JackBeQuick

Menzel did his ACL last season. He might get back for some games for this season. Definately a risky choice  ::)

Mr.Craig

@Colliwobblers - Thanks for the write up, I'm glad you could see my thought process. Waters is certainly under consideration, I actually had Selwood and him in my team for a bit. Maybe I should just swap them over.

@Kuruki and @JackBeQuick - Okay, my bad. I chucked that team together without doing the necessary research so I'm not surprised I made a couple of mistakes. Shame about Ziebell, I really think he and Swallow will do well for North this season.

Okay. back to the drawing board, I'll post a revised team soon.

Colliwobblers

ziebel tore it up late last seaso, he may be worth having regardless of the games he misses, i mean most of us had petrie last season under the exact same circumstances and that worked out nicely, i don't have him but i sure remember his performance late last season.

Mr.Craig

Have decided to go with Colliwobblers advice and put Christensen in my side. A little concerned about his sub potential though. Thinking about taking a punt on Jack Steven aswell, he showed a bit last season and could step up. Ziebell is still in the mix but here is my team right now...

Backs - B.Goddard, H.Shaw, B.Deledio, G.Birchall, B.Waters, A.Tomlinson, S.Docherty ( T.Mohr, L.Spurr )

Mids  -  S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, J.Selwood, J.Steven, S.Coniglio, K.Horsely ( D.Shiel, J.McDonald )

Ruck  - M.Leuenberger, B.McEvoy ( J.Giles, O.Stephenson )

Fwds  - L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, A.Christensen, J.Porplyzia, B.Smedts, A.Treloar ( D.Zorko, S.Kerridge )

Cash left - $48,100.

Colliwobblers

im flattered and i'm also sure you will recieve much wiser peoples advice than mine before long, christensen is in for a breakout year i think, or close enough to one to be well worth the money, i think!, the otehr obvious and popular choice seems to be brown who i also have. hopefuly nab cap will decide you on ziebel and steven, you will probably also find (with luck) that there are gun rooks through the nab cup that cost much less than porps, thomlinson and coniglio which could leave you with up to $230K extra money to work with.