Dane Swan

Started by chatters24, December 29, 2011, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who is starting with swan and who is getting him after the bye

starting with
getting swan after bye (upgrade)
not getting him at all

Colliwobblers

it's swans potential to put up such big scores that makes it a risk not to have him, that coupled with having the big C on him.

If you don't have him while every dog has his day, i think the only otehr likely captain you can hope to or expect to get those big scores is Ablett.

Taking the captain issues out of the equation yeah having any of the top 10 midfielders isnt going to cost you a lot of points each round as opposed to having swan.

Me im starting swan ablett thomo and barlow. and if i changed swan to selwood i wouldnt have enough money to make up the points elsewhere so i figure why not have the best.

Tom_16

It's a tough one. Personally i believe it is hard to see swan improving his average of 123 or even maintaining it in 2012. I'm not saying it will drop drastically but it will probably come down a little. It would make sense to get an underpriced selwood who will most likely improve his average to somewhere in the 115-120 mark but it is so god damn hard to start without Swan. It's almost as if it's not a proper Dream Team without Swan in there. I would only start without Swan if you had either Ablett, Pendles or Rockliff in your side.

elephants

Nah. Lock 'n Load. You want the best player in the game in your team from day dot IMO.

Scrads

Quote from: elephants on January 19, 2012, 01:49:14 AM
Nah. Lock 'n Load. You want the best player in the game in your team from day dot IMO.

This. Like the person above that said, it doesnt even feel like a proper DT without Swanny in it.

lolrocket

I have exactly the same dilemma with my current midfield being Ablett, Rockliff, Selwood, Barlow. It doesn't feel right to go without Swanny and sure he'll be one of the top 6 point-scorers but the other 4 are too good value wise not to pick in my opinion.

AndrewY

I just need to get out my trusty calculator and work out if 11 rounds of having him instead of rockliffe for e.g will offset not having him before his bye round. Even after all that it may just be a personal call. Have had him passt 2 years and will probably again.

rebird

Starting GAJ, looks like he has a potential upside, and having Swan as an upgrade target about round 8 to 10 when the GWS/Rookie changes to the magic number begin to balance.

DT Gun

If your serious about DT this year, you have to start both Swan and Gazza!

Swan had a bad patch and averaged 120!
Gaz had a slow start but come home like a house on fire!

Plus look at Gazzas first 9 games, he is gonna go bonkers

Ago97

You would be stupid not to pick swan even if he is a bit expensive he is worth every cent imo

Matty411

After considering both sides of the argument I've got him locked in as our #1 midfield/captain option atm. Last year I started with Pendles instead and the move came off in spades; but that's not likely to happen again so he should line up for McRath from  round 1 alongside his partner in crime Ablett.

Pendles/Selwood will be our last upgrade in what will be an awesome midfield.

Windigo

No two ways about it. He may be expensive but his damn worth every dollar. Stress free captain choice.

Andrew

I can fit Swan into my team while not feeling like I'm skimping in other areas. With a 4 guns/4 rookies midfield structure, if you have Barlow you can more than likely afford Swan. So if you can afford him and are sure he's going to be a DT slut again, then I think save the trade and risk and start with him.

That being said...

Quote from: DT Gun on January 19, 2012, 01:23:13 PM
If your serious about DT this year, you have to start both Swan and Gazza!

Plus look at Gazzas first 9 games, he is gonna go bonkers

Gazza's easy early start makes him captaincy material and thus probably an argument against splashing out on Swan compared to picking up someone under $560k.

I could still be tempted to hop off him but for now, Swan's in because he's the best player in the game.

yorgis

even if he drops $50,000 it will be tough making it up from culling rookies

lordy9

Presto

There are three kinds of DTiers:
1. Those that start with Swan.
2. Those that start with GAJ.
3. Those that are loosers