Dane Swan

Started by chatters24, December 29, 2011, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who is starting with swan and who is getting him after the bye

starting with
getting swan after bye (upgrade)
not getting him at all

chatters24

So....... Dane Swan....... I'm thinking about not including him in my initial team.

With the HUGE price tag that he will be carrying next year (and well deserved), I feel that it may be smarter to not go with him from the start as he is only one semi average score (90-100) away from his price dropping.  He could be at a more favorable price after his bye. I feel that there are some other great options to choose from such as Selwood, Murphy, Redden, Rockliff, GAJ etc that are $30k+ cheaper.

Thoughts??

Windigo

Yeah, I'd wait for a bad game and he will plummet.

Then just pick him up ASAP.

Football Factory

Whats 30k between friends  ;) . The others may score a little less than Swanny ( becuase they are not Swanny ) and drop just as much. I think i will be putting him in and forgetting about it if he drops 100k flower it. Swanny captain all year for me

Torpedo10

I won't be starting him. Would Prefer Rockliff, Selwood or GAJ.

Kuruki

Please do not pick him. Those extra 30 points he pumps out on a good day will widen the gap between me and you nicely.  :D

crumpetjack

Only don't pick him if you genuinely believe his average will drop.

Everyone has a bad game and drops in price. You may as well ride the guy averaging 120 from the start

elephants

Swannnie is a LOCK. Don't be a stingy little man and get yourself a 120+ averaging player from the start.

Kuruki

Quote from: elephants on December 29, 2011, 05:54:39 PM
Swannnie is a LOCK. Don't be a stingy little man and get yourself a 120+ averaging player from the start.

Yep why wouldnt you?. Is that 30K going to be spent better elsewhere?.

Swanny is a lock for captain most weeks. That's 30k's worth right there.
Yes he may come down in price but will you be ready to snap him up right away? Plus the trade you will burn and the possible early milking of a cash cow just to get him. Just lock the man in and save yourself the hassle.

nostradamus

l'm gunnna go swannny from the start and pick pendles up after the bye.....hopefully at a lower price than he is now

Jukes

Swanny is the best dream teamer in the land, never considering not getting him or trading him out form is temporary but class is permanent and he oozes class.

elephants

I've got Swanny and Pendles from the start. I want my mids to be blazing from the day dot.

Colliwobblers

tempted to have him, may still but atm i have gaj,thomo,roky, so im not too light on for scores in the mids from the start

owenbond007

Plenty of choice but you want the best. Swan (c) Ablett (vc) Pendle Selwood Hayes Rookie Rookie Rookie. 

elephants

Quote from: owenbond007 on December 29, 2011, 08:59:14 PM
Plenty of choice but you want the best. Swan (c) Ablett (vc) Pendle Selwood Hayes Rookie Rookie Rookie. 
Round 12 will hurt you with Swan, Pendles and Jelwood missing not to mention the round 12 rookies you might have (Tom Mitchell?)

chatters24

There's just so much depth out there this year in the mids that are cheaper such as Pendles, GAJ, Selwood, Rockliff, Redden, Thomo, Boyd, Murphy, Gibbs, Mitchell, Stanton, Priddis, Dal Santo, Shiels, Thomas. In that list you have guys that range from $20k-$90k cheaper than Swan. I'm not doubting Swan's scoring ability, and yes I am well aware that most of those guys I listed above most likely won't reach Swan's output, but why not widen your vision and see what else is out there rather than be another sheep and follow the pack?

Just a thought  :)