Started by chatters24, December 29, 2011, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who is starting with swan and who is getting him after the bye

starting with
getting swan after bye (upgrade)
not getting him at all

Chopps

Quote from: chatters24 on December 30, 2011, 12:41:45 PM
There's just so much depth out there this year in the mids that are cheaper such as Pendles, GAJ, Selwood, Rockliff, Redden, Thomo, Boyd, Murphy, Gibbs, Mitchell, Stanton, Priddis, Dal Santo, Shiels, Thomas. In that list you have guys that range from $20k-$90k cheaper than Swan. I'm not doubting Swan's scoring ability, and yes I am well aware that most of those guys I listed above most likely won't reach Swan's output, but why not widen your vision and see what else is out there rather than be another sheep and follow the pack?

Just a thought  :)

i guess the question is with the initial saving are you going to make up the difference point wise.
your gambling that swan will drop and one of Pendles, GAJ, Selwood, Rockliff, Redden, Thomo, Boyd, Murphy, Gibbs, Mitchell, Stanton, Priddis, Dal Santo, Shiels, Thomas will rise enough to cover.

i'd rather not take the risk on swan, he starts.

Ziplock

GAJ, Pendles and Selwood all have the ability to take that rise... I'd say each one of them have a 90% chance to be captain material season round.

Fyfe_gun

That was my plan last year to wait for him to drop. It took until mid wa thru the year and then it was like well he has 140 be ill wait another week but what i didnt realise was that i was missing that extra 30 points a week by doing that. just get him from the start

Ziplock

that being said, by round 11 swans average was only 112. And if you picked him up in round 14, he was 100k cheaper, and only dropped under 120 three times in the remainder of the season.

pendles on the otherhand was averaging 118 by round 11.

so basically, not starting swanny wasn't too bad if you had pendles... 

Football Factory

Quote from: Ziplock on December 30, 2011, 05:25:47 PM
that being said, by round 11 swans average was only 112. And if you picked him up in round 14, he was 100k cheaper, and only dropped under 120 three times in the remainder of the season.

pendles on the otherhand was averaging 118 by round 11.

so basically, not starting swanny wasn't too bad if you had pendles...
That was because Swan was injured and he still averaged 112 what a machine  :P

Windigo

Talking about 'taking the next step'. Surely Stanton is ready to explode!

owenbond007

Quote from: elephants on December 29, 2011, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: owenbond007 on December 29, 2011, 08:59:14 PM
Plenty of choice but you want the best. Swan (c) Ablett (vc) Pendle Selwood Hayes Rookie Rookie Rookie. 
Round 12 will hurt you with Swan, Pendles and Jelwood missing not to mention the round 12 rookies you might have (Tom Mitchell?)

It would but im playing a r12 i get a whooping card. U can got to have at least a donut maybe 2 prob more in a ideal world. Why not stack for it and make up for it in calculated trades. You pick 12 premos you aint going to trade em aye they all miss a round i curently have a squad based on a 9 12 9 formula but i got players i like and rate and will be trading purely for capitalisation gain. Plus i got big dollars league with mates where top dog gets coin and best for each round does too why would i structure for mediocre

chatters24

Basically what to comes down to is do you think that Swan will average around the 110-115 ppg up to round 11? If you think he will, then it doesn't represent good value for money buying him at the price he is currently. However if you think he will average 120+ ppg by round 11 then he is a worth while pick up.

For me I don't want to be buying players at the high end of their price range, which right now I believe that is where Swan is at. It is a gamble as to whether you take him now or not.

chatters24

I have alo added a poll. Have a vote and see what happens.

PurpleArmy

We all know how much a stud Swanny is but just wondering if anyone is "THINKING" like me of waiting a few weeks for his services due to his massive starting price of $598,300?. Also saving nearly $50k for another decent mid. I know he a player you must have in your team either way it's just something I'm considering. What is everyone else doing?

kilbluff1985

Think you need Pendles or Swan or you will be leaking to many points and whoever you don't start with should be your first mid upgrade target after the collingwood bye and i personally like Pendles better then Swan

PurpleArmy

It's seems silly and stupid not to start with Swan or Pendles but there massive starting prices has to make you think twice, you could use the $50k upgrading elsewhere. It's probably only a good move if they have a few sub 120 scores early on to drop there price down. But with risk comes reward in some occasions. Would Definetly be my first upgrade no doubt

Kuruki

I was lock n load with both. But the extra cash could deff bring some more stability to my team elsewhere. I would love to know if any of the winning teams of the last few years started without Swan. Last year could have been one of them. But i would absolutely kill myself if i didn't pick him and he smashed out some 130+ scores from round 1.
It's one of those decisions that u just keep coming back to even after you convince yourself either way.

PurpleArmy

Quote from: chatters24 on December 31, 2011, 07:12:46 AM
Basically what to comes down to is do you think that Swan will average around the 110-115 ppg up to round 11? If you think he will, then it doesn't represent good value for money buying him at the price he is currently. However if you think he will average 120+ ppg by round 11 then he is a worth while pick up.

For me I don't want to be buying players at the high end of their price range, which right now I believe that is where Swan is at. It is a gamble as to whether you take him now or not.

Having the same dilemma at the moment. Got GAJ in for Swan so it's not bad. GAJ could easily become a 115-120+ player this year and he's $50k cheaper. With risk comes reward though in some cases just makes the game that little bit more fun and interesting

Driride

the risk is allways there but it is it a trade lost on the upgrade ?