Scott Pendelbury

Started by Ringo, December 29, 2011, 10:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just thought I would throw this out for comment.  Most teams I have seen have Pendles in them but a question in my mind is he worth outlaying $700k at start of season. 

Most of the top ranked players each year seem to drop  in Value (Swan and Ablett last year) so am pondering whether to exclude initially and use as upgrade target later on.

The Bloods

Take the score of 125 every week from the start

CuStArDaRm

charliesheen

Depends how you use the cash.  It could have a neutral, positive, or negative impact.

My initial team does not have swan/pendles, and this has allowed me to skip a mid pricer or two.  I feel there is a lot of uncertainty in some of these mid pricers, so I feel more comfortable with this structure.

Ultimately, I think you are going to have to cut costs somewhere or go mid price heavy.  I've personally gone for undervalued mid field premiums (apart from Ablett for captain), but you could just as well do it in the rucks (nic nat, jacobs, leuy, etc).

I think there are a lot of different structures that lead to the same outcome.  I guess you just go with the one you feel greatest confidence in.

itchytradefinger

Not for me. I'll get him when he's cheaper. Can't criticise those who take him though.

Impromptu

I think Pendles is worth his value.

Having said that I won't be getting Pendles, but nothing wrong with Pendles. 

Champion player, but I'm trying something different in 2012  :)

ossie85

Quote from: Impromptu on December 29, 2011, 11:15:10 PM

Given your season last year, I'd be doing the exact same thing!

Impromptu

Quote from: ossie85 on December 30, 2011, 07:05:42 AM
Quote from: Impromptu on December 29, 2011, 11:15:10 PM

Given your season last year, I'd be doing the exact same thing!

Thanks.

One that did cross my mind as that I could finish top 100 or top 100,000 and be seen as a one hit wonder!!  Knowing me I'll take my chances :)

LiveTheDream

I wont be starting with pendles either, he is worth the price tag but it is just too high for my team to start with.

Interesting stat i found is pendles increased his average by almost 20 points last year, yet his price stayed pretty much level and at its peak only fluctuated by 50k both ways. So his price will almost certainly drop, but if he averages 150 in 2012 ill happily pay the extra 50k for him

dmac07

Locked for me! Pendles and Ablett locked in the mids, makes it top heavy but you need them both by the end of the year to be competitive I think, so by locking them from the start you may lose 50K on what you could get them at, but I think that is outweighed by having the great scoring from the start and saving trades on them.

jballstars

yes he is and i will be doing my best to squeeze him in from the start

jimmytigs

cant have him,swan is a cert in my team,wont have both & pendles was at his absolute best when swan was hamstrung with injury or out,big call to expect pendles to be just as good with swan back & firing & bit much to expect that clubs wont pay him more attention,especially since swan is untaggable-not for me thanks,but in sportal.com i think i will pick the pendles murphy mitchell thompson watson priddis rockliff etc etc who wont get a gig in my sc & dt lineups.one of those ones where i may well be proven wrong though

demon_spud

Currently don't have as looking at how best to set up team for the byes.  Agree he will go done in price as the Magic number adjusts everything down.  Though will look at it more as I havent actually looked at his first half season run.  I never brought him in last year had better PODs upgrade targets, though had Swan.

I'm still a little concerned about how they all will play under Bucks, though elite players will always be elite.

Torress

big price tag but prices are more inflated than last year.  the year gazza was over 700k alot of ppl got turned off, he was awsome.

i'm definately starting GAJ (c), but swan and pendles with him at the start is ALOT of $$$
i'd like to start all 3  :-\ , depends on how many quality rookies we can have confidence in towards the start of the season. as CharlieSheen mentioned, you pick these 3 guys and your probably going to have a few mid pricers. mid pricers scare me!! lol

all that said i reckon i will start pendles and go with only one premium ruck from the start

scotty_222

i picked up goddard in last year because he was the best player the year before. avg 130
it turned out to be a silly mistake because his avg went down to 100 and his price kept going down
always better to pick them up during the year as an upgrade target.
id only choose one out of swan pendles and ablett. i chose ablett