GIVE ME A RUCKMAN UNDER $415,000

Started by Colliwobblers, December 28, 2011, 11:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi All, I am sorry to post such a personal request that really doesn't help others much, maybe it will to help others find solid "cheaper" Ruckmen.

I have Sandi, HMac and the usual 2 bench rucks.

I have a need of $50K to make my midfield look right. The easiest way to get it is to downgrade Sandi.

So given I already have HMac, who can I use as a starting ruck under $415,000 , that will score well and be either a keeper or a cash cow that scores well enough to hang onto for enough rounds to go up in value and trade up?

Is it crazy to burn a trade on upgrading a ruckman from mid priced to premium and lose the points while it happens, or if they score enough and gain the normaly acceptable $100K profit is it a good move to get a better scoring mid, make profit from a trade and end up with a premo ruck by round 7-10?

All advice welcome,

elephants

Dunno how much help this will turn out to be but is Ivan Maric 50k less than Hmac. If so give him a crack imo. He'll be pretty unique as not many are ballsy enough and he's been recruited to be the number 1 ruck at the tigers.
I dunno, my two cents. My rucks are McEvoy and Burger so I can't really talk from personal experience.

Colliwobblers

doesnt have to be 50k under hmac just under 415 but maric good option ill check him out

elephants

Cool man, just check him out. Hope i helped.

Fyfe_gun

Sam Jacobs, Mcevoy, Renouf, Maric, West, Giles, Stephenson

Jacobs and Mcevoy for safe bets

Renouf and Maric for breakouts

West for having huge balls

Colliwobblers

jacobs and mcevoy over $415000, thanks i'll check the break out guys you mentioned out.

Ziplock

Ryder, Nic Nat (probably not), Kreuzer, Smith

Colliwobblers

had ryder last year on believe it or noob not dr DT advice.... shame.

He did my heaed in but again this year people are rating ryder, well its him kruezer or roughhead so, not sure i trust the rotating door that is GC with smith

Ziplock

rotating door doesn't seem to affect smith too much- played 20 games last year, his first year, which ranks him above most GC players, and first year rookies alike.

Colliwobblers

i already listened to you and changed to Ryder even though he did my head in last year. Traded him out before he started to play well, i waited and waited and as soon as i gave up and upgraded him he turned it on, but he seems to be getting wraps again this year.

Guess i'll watch to see how they all come along through nab cup and go from there but for now ryder i guess

Ziplock

yep, for the price I think that ryder is the best pick. I was just saying smitty has his merits :P

ronl

I had Ryder last year, also.  I think you'll get more of the same this year, I'm afraid.

Fyfe_gun

Ryders position has changed one again. Doubt he will improve on last year.

He started off as a defender and scored lowly but then got thrown in ruck one Anzac day when Hille went down and then his scoring went into premium, now Hille is back and there is a butt load of young rucks like Bellchambers so the only chance of him getting back into the rucks and out of the fwd lines is if an injury occurs. Kruezer for me he will be back to form

Fyfe_gun

What about Matt Lobbe from power. He is young and inexperienced but he is definately their no.1 ruck. He had no pre season last year and as soon as he was fit was forced to come back into the side as no.1 ruck. This year he will get a full preseason in and he will have a few more games under his belt, as well as being able to prepare for the no.1 role, he looks set to imprve his average to at leat 80 maybe even higher

CuStArDaRm

Id say see how maric go's in the NAB and if he is definitely going to shoulder most of the Tigers Ruck work.
Obviously thats why they got him but he still has to prove himself on game day.