On the right track?

Started by theflyinghawk, December 28, 2011, 11:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

ok so i think i have improved my team

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Lake, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, T. Mitchell (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Cloke, J. Brown, A. Saad, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $6,700

Think its pretty well balanced, not really bothered with byes at the moment im never going to win the car!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: theflyinghawk on January 04, 2012, 10:46:13 PM

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, B. Lake, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, T. Mitchell (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Cloke, J. Brown, A. Saad, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)

Think its pretty well balanced, not really bothered with byes at the moment im never going to win the car!

Awesome team, challange anyone to fault it much....

theflyinghawk

thanks for all your comments mate, i think this is how it will stay for now, im happy with this :)

DT Gun

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 04, 2012, 11:13:49 PM

Challenge accepted.
Shaw is a roller coaster, you could easily pick him up cheaper. I personally am gonna watch how he gets tagged now he is the distributor out of defence instead of leon. Docherty is not fully fit either has hamstring problems.

Ziplock

Docherty is injured and won't be starting round 1.

As for the Shaw thing... I don't know, I wouldn't be so sure (definitely wasn't tempted to make a pun there). Last year he shook a lot of that roller coasting... and by round 15 the max he'd dropped off his starting price was 10k.

DT Gun

i reckon its worth seeing how or if more attention comes his way now leon is gone. he has never handled a tag

theflyinghawk

Docherty/Smedts out for Clarke/Brown

I just dont see a better option for his price and below, keep in mind his the only genuine premium back with a bye in round 12.

theflyinghawk

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, R. Conca, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (L. Brown, S. Morris)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, M. Robinson, J. Brown, D. Zorko, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, B. Smedts)
CASH LEFT: $10,900

Not so much has changed, jumped on the conca bandwagon love the kid he will be a gem.
Robinson has convinced me he is worth a punt, a high possession midfielder is worth a punt in the fowardline i rekon,
Not worried about byes as such ill worry about it closer when im downgrading/upgrading

Colliwobblers

Quote from: DT Gun on January 05, 2012, 02:16:44 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 04, 2012, 11:13:49 PM

Challenge accepted.
Shaw is a roller coaster, you could easily pick him up cheaper. I personally am gonna watch how he gets tagged now he is the distributor out of defence instead of leon. Docherty is not fully fit either has hamstring problems.

Nice DT GUN i agree with you but I did say "much" and you only got him on 2 players, thanks for the tip on docherty i was hoping he would be fit rnd 1 but if not there will be cheaper rooks anyway which is good.

I HOPE Shaw will be consistant and very good this year, just got to keep him out of betting agencies hey 

Andrew

Do we really think Marty Clarke will get a game with Collingwood? If so, won't get be substitute material in the early rounds? I rate him as a footballer, but I'm just not sure on his job security at 141k...

theflyinghawk

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, K. Stevens (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, D. Zorko, A. Treloar (T. Dickson, T. Walsh)
$13,500 left

popedelio

your team is solid and is on track to have a solid start to the season. Just keep a close eye on grimesy through the pre-season, because if he doesn't look in good shape i would avoid him.

Pickle

I agree looks good, Grimes is the only concern.

Trajan

I believe you are on the right track. My only queries are the backs: Broughton, Adcock and Grimes.You may get 2 out of 3 and in the case of Broughton it will depend on the strategy of the coach. Grimes seems to be a player who gets injured and worst of all, is unlucky. Adcock's scoring will depend on the fortunes of his team and he again, tends to get injured at inopportune times for fantasy players. Solid team with great mids and rucks.

theflyinghawk

1 PREM RUCK TEAM, I think this strategy will work better because rucks at some point during the year all seemingly drop in price with the exception of maybe cox. Tell me what you think

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, K. Stevens (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (A. Pattison, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
2k left