On the right track?

Started by theflyinghawk, December 28, 2011, 11:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, S. Morris (B. Smedts, L. Brown)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, M. Barlow, J. McDonald, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Zaharakis, T. Walsh, A. Treloar (A. Saad, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $2,600

Thanks guys

Colliwobblers

You don't need any advice that's a ripper team, right off the bat, the GUN/ROOK strategy is obvious and it works.

sort the rooks out closer to march as we all will when we know a lot more.

DEF: 10/10
MID: 10/10
RUC: 10/10
FWD: 9.5/10

Lost a alf a point on cloke, key position player and if dawes fires like he did early 2011 cloke will lose DT points.

Seriously good team, predictable, non-genuine but safe as houses and as solid as them too, I'm in a mind to copy and paste :)

Shirtfront

Looks great on paper. Until you check out your situation in round 12.

A quick, hopefully accurate, check sees 4 backs out, 4 mids out and 4 forwards out.  If your only going for a league win, throw the rd12 game and send the lads off on a mid season break.  Otherwise you may need to compromise a little.

Nice work though, well done.

theflyinghawk

UPDATE:
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, K. Horsely (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Zaharakis, D. Zorko, A. Treloar (A. Saad, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $1,900

Thompson in for Pendles as i think his start will be too good to miss and will probably average more for the first part of the season. Fiddled around with the rookies with the extra $$ and i rekon they look a lot better now. Im not sure on Cloke but i dont see anyone better for his price. Thoughts?

Colliwobblers

First good point about round 12 ShirtFront.

As for who is better than cloke, for a key forward buddy only maybe, but for DT i'd suggest any of these at his price or less

Pavlich or Robinson, I'd stratch if possible to Fyfe if he is good to go round 1.

theflyinghawk

thanks for or your comments, ive tried to balance out the byes a bit.

Mids are now very balanced, 2/2/2

Fwds and Def's still have 3 out round 12 still but one week there has to be 3 i suppose!

Colliwobblers

i guess its either throw one whole bye round and write it off by stacking your team with that rounds bye players, or even it out and make possibly one or two trades each bye round or for 2 of them. Or don't trade at all and face the possibilities of 3 rounds of a couple of donuts.

I've gone the balanced approach and will try to hold cash cows and mid pricers to the bye rounds and trade during them all.

theflyinghawk

UPDATE
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, H. Scotland, J. Grimes, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, K. Horsely (J. McDonald, S. Kerridge)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Cloke, J. Brown, A. Saad, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $12,700

Fire away

Jukes

Def: 8.5/10, Grimes is a greater risk imo compared to similarly priced Waters.
Mid: 9/10
Ruck: 9.5/10
For: 9/10
Very good team.

Colliwobblers

I agree as before great team, i would take waters over grimes i have, also worth taking a look at clarke from the pies, if he is going to play he will outscore most rookies and is around $135k (DEF), very similar to my latest updated team (posted below).

I am still tossing up whether to downgrade mcevoy to hmac and strengthen the def (heppel or broughton) or fwds (christensen) , or leave it as it is. NAB cup will make the HMac decision for me hopefuly he looks the goods!

I was also torn between upgrading to swan midseason and taking rockliffe i got a feeling about him tearing it up this year and much cheaper than swan, that is another change pending NAB cup which will further strenghten the  fwd/def.

Defenders
Brendon Goddard,Brett Deledio,Greg Broughton,Dyson Heppell,Beau Waters,Marty Clarke,Sam Docherty(Brandon Ellis,Lee Spurr)

Midfielders
Dane Swan,Gary Ablett,Scott Thompson,Michael Barlow,Chad Wingard,Dylan Shiel(Tom Mitchell,James McDonald)

Rucks
Aaron Sandilands,Ben McEvoy(Jonathan Giles,Orren Stephensen)

Forwards
Lance Franklin,David Zaharakis,Dustin Martin,Allen Christensen,Jonathan Brown,Adam Treloar,Dayne Zorko(Billie Smedts,Sam Kerridge)

$9000 left

I think your fwd line and backs are slightly better on paper the mids are equal and my ruck is stronger. If Hmac looks the goods through nab cup he will replace mcevoy and i will boost the def or fwd and we should score pretty similar in round 1.

theflyinghawk

waters is in! thought he was more expensive then that.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, H. Scotland, B. Waters, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Cloke, J. Brown, A. Saad, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $3,900

Is there any other suggestions for me?

Colli thats a very strong team indeed

upthemaidens

are u gunna worry about byes? if so u may want to check your backline

DT Gun

either that or save some trades for the multi bye rounds

Colliwobblers

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 02, 2012, 07:09:58 PM
are u gunna worry about byes? if so u may want to check your backline

the issue being goddard, delidio, scottland, ellis and morris all with the round 13 bye, easy fixed just chenge one or both of the richmand rooks to other rooks not on a round 13 bye. or downgrade scottland to an enright or adcock. i didnt have a close look at the bye rounds just noticed 13 was heavy but yeah as dtgun says also there are always trades for the bye rounds.....

Colliwobblers

Quote from: theflyinghawk on January 02, 2012, 04:18:21 PM
waters is in! thought he was more expensive then that.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, H. Scotland, B. Waters, S. Docherty, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
CASH LEFT: $3,900

Is there any other suggestions for me?

Colli thats a very strong team indeed

Thanks mate i appreciate that, your FWD line is stronger, our midfields are equal enough, my ruck is stronger but not by a lot if hmac goes well and scores close to premium the $150K plus you save in the ruck will help you TONS, if he doesnt that will cost you and it will keep costing you until it costs you a trade or two and regret.  :). Our Defences are different but comapable.

Nice team mate good luck with HMac, if he tears uo NAB Cup he'll be a colliwobbler too :)