Jack Redden 2012

Started by crumpetjack, December 28, 2011, 10:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crumpetjack

What are thoughts on Redden for 2012? I didn't see enough of him to know type of player he is. Does he still have any upside for DT?

Colliwobblers

he is a gun will average over 100 for sure and will be unique if you take him. not my choice but nobody would call you crazy for having him

Phasir

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 28, 2011, 10:49:23 PM
he is a gun will average over 100 for sure and will be unique if you take him. not my choice but nobody would call you crazy for having him
Agree, he'll average between 105-110 but there's other options like J.Selwood around at the same price who can go to 115 so not sure how many people will pick him in 2012

ronl

Spot on, Phasir, last year I promised myself that Redden would be in my 2012 starting team, but Selwood is just tooo attractive at that price.  Of course, you can always have both...hmm. Current midfield is Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Selwood.  It will take a lot of belief to replace Mitchell or Selwood with Redden.

Windigo

I picked Redden in 2010 hoping that would be his 'breakout' year. Traded him into my squad early on in the piece this year.

So I'll be getting him this year. Should be a great differentiating factor in close games. 

crumpetjack

Yeh I'm thinking of bringing him in. Already have Selwood too - starting Swan, GAJ, Selwood and undecided on a 4th.

I love reading Redden stats; tackles are great and for a guy who averaged 109 in DT, still lots of room for improvement in disposals and goals. Just wasn't sure if he has peaked and is only a 24 disposal ave player etc

Miss Pies

Didn't miss a game in 2010-11 and his avg has jumped by roughly 30 with in that time. Not prone to injury which is a plus. Definitely a good unique.

chaosAD

I love this bloke he's a star but is very expensive, might get on him when he drops in price, I got on him last year at about 330k

chatters24

I will consider Redden. I think the only way he can go is up. With his tackling capacity he is great in lower possession games.

elephants

He's a jet but for his price there are guys who are absolute locks for the top 7 or 8 mids.

nostradamus

l will reserve judgement on him until after the bye......if hes up there he's in

Colliwobblers

yeah as per a few comments here you wont get redden under 450k this year i wouldnt think and thats a long shot he will average well and drop little, BUT Redden or Rockliffe, if your going a lion mid wouldn't you go Rockcliffe? also sharing the bye round is thompson from adelaide and he is a machine with the easiest draw in the comp...

At this stage ive gone thompson, wish i could also have rockliffe but havent even considered reddden, have swan gaj and barlow also. If i could id make barlow rockliffe but i think i want barlow at his price.

Windigo

Quote from: elephants on December 29, 2011, 06:24:15 PM
He's a jet but for his price there are guys who are absolute locks for the top 7 or 8 mids.

But who is to say he won't be top 5?

Wasn't he top 5 last year? So why wouldn't you go him. I certainly am.