Yes
9 (32.1%)
No
5 (17.9%)
Maybe (NAB Will Decide)
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Colliwobblers

J Trengove, whats the consensus here, predicted to have a break out year, and get a ton of ball and become a DT stud in the absensce of Scully.

Worth a run at this price in your mids?

Kuruki

Smokey for sure. I was looking at Ziebel for mine. He had some really good scores at the end of the season.
Maybe a bit too risky for me i think.

Phasir

he had no competition from Scully in 2011, he will probably improve to a 95 average but not "DT stud" that gets 100+ scores each week..

Off Tap

Quote from: Phasir on December 28, 2011, 09:09:04 PM
he had no competition from Scully in 2011, he will probably improve to a 95 average but not "DT stud" that gets 100+ scores each week..
This.

I love the way he plays but he shouldn't be considered as he won't be good enough for the 6th mid spot. Maybe 2013.

owenbond007

not a chance of me picking him up you want your midfield to consist of the 6 best - most sides will start with 4 premos, why pick a guy that aint going to be a top 10 just spend the coin ablett pendle swan selwood boyd mitchell redden rockliff murphy thompson swallow watson etc etc etc

Colliwobblers

Quote from: owenbond007 on December 28, 2011, 11:59:52 PM
not a chance of me picking him up you want your midfield to consist of the 6 best - most sides will start with 4 premos, why pick a guy that aint going to be a top 10 just spend the coin ablett pendle swan selwood boyd mitchell redden rockliff murphy thompson swallow watson etc etc etc

thats well put, i agree, you think the same for having the other "up and comers" in the mids such as Zaka,Sidebottom,Barlow(return to up),hayes(return to up). and the like ?

elephants

Thinking that Barlow should be turned into Jelwood/Rockliffe/Montagna. Not sure if Barlow will be a top 6 mid.

Windigo

This will be my first of a few players that I will look at today that could potentially breakout this year. And will be unique! Which I love. Your mind is already made up probably. But you never know. ;)

Stats:

Age: 20 ~ It's scary how he can be so good at this stage of his life.

Draft Pick: 2 ~ One behind Scully & before D-Mart....Enough said.

Position: Midfield ~ Probably will be tough to squeeze him in. But you never know!

Player Type: All rounder? ~ 43% CP & 57% UP.

Tackles (2011): 5.3 ~ That's 20+ points straight up! Look for this to jump up a little bit this year.

Disposals Per Game (2011): 20 ~ I dunno how much this will jump up this year. But the only way is up for him.

Fan Planner Price: $ 443,600 ~ Biggest negative if your playing it safe. He is the dearest player that I will looking at today.

Draw Difficulty: 18th ~ The easiest draw in the comp this year.

'Expert' Opinion:
All the signs point to him being a star in the making.

Prospectus Rating: Breakout!

Top Scores In 2011:

127/29 disposal Vs Gold Coast
112/28 disposals Vs Adelaide
116/28 disposals Vs Essendon
101/27 disposals Vs Western Bulldogs
116/24 disposals Vs Carlton
104/27 disposals Vs Port Adelaide

Also had 5 scores of over 90.

Trengove ranked 3rd at the club for loose ball gets and contested possession. He was equal third in tackles and score asissts. Also had 4th lace finish in disposals and hand ball receives. He was rated elite for applying pressure. Second for total pressure acts for Melbourne.

Throughout the year, Melbourne scored a total of 42 points from Trengove's pressure acts. Number one at the club.

Will I Be Getting Him Myself?

~ Probably not. But there's no doubting his improvement and he looms as huge breakout prospect and good do a Liam Shiels.

Chance of me getting him: 2/10.

Gooner

If Melbourne improve, it's likely that Trengrove could hit premium status by the end of the year.

Melbourne has a big question mark over them this year.  The signs were looking good at the end of 2010, but 2011 ended up being a disappointing year.  How will the impact of a new coach change things up?  Pre-season reports are that Neeld and fitness coach Mission have been pushing the guys harder than they've ever been pushed before, but it'll depend how that will impact DT scoring.  How will the departure of the dark cloud known as $cully and the media speculation that it brought change things at Melbourne. 

I think Melbourne could improve quite a bit this year and give the final eight a decent crack.  If they do that, then their midfield output will increase and Trengove could be the main beneficiary of that.

me

definitely on my radar - he is sure to explode into an elite DTer especially as he gets the tackles and is a good mark as well

it's quite feasible that he pulls a redden/rockliff this year hmm

Purple 77

Oh Trengove, How i admire you so.

My equal favourite player with Jack Grimes (I'm a melb supporter), Head says no but the heart says yes, think the head over rules in this one, but you guys do make some pretty good points......

We will see, my team will change everyday, unique's are great, i picked up moloney last year as a gamble, got him at the start of the year at 410k, averaged 99.something in SC, was a good gamble there!

I don't know, maybe trengove will be a good gamble?

reesbr

Ive got him locked as my smokey. you have to have some uniques to be a chance in this game

Windigo

Quote from: reesbr on January 31, 2012, 12:21:53 PM
Ive got him locked as my smokey. you have to have some uniques to be a chance in this game

My reasoning exactly.  ;)

But you gotta be careful that you don't go unique just for the sake of it. You have to choose the correct ones and you'll be miles ahead of all the generic teams....But it's more of a risk.  :)

Gooner

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 31, 2012, 11:57:59 AM
Oh Trengove, How i admire you so.

My equal favourite player with Jack Grimes (I'm a melb supporter), Head says no but the heart says yes, think the head over rules in this one, but you guys do make some pretty good points......

We will see, my team will change everyday, unique's are great, i picked up moloney last year as a gamble, got him at the start of the year at 410k, averaged 99.something in SC, was a good gamble there!

I don't know, maybe trengove will be a good gamble?

Beamer was a great pick last year.  I think Trenners could have a big year this year, but he's a lot there's a lot less risk in selecting Trengove this year compared to Beamer last year.  Beamer's improvement wasn't expected last year where as Trengove's improvement is expected this year, it's just a matter of how much improvement we see that is uncertain.

mezzoculo

Not a starter considering Melbourne's horrible pre-bye draw (games against each of 2011 top 5 and only ONE against a team from the bottom 4 [inc GWS]).

However, after the Rnd 12 bye they play ZERO games against a 2011 top 5 and FIVE against last year's bottom 4, including TWO against GWS!!!!

This makes many Melbourne players tasty upgrade targets for the back end of the 2012 season ;D